• Design a Sex Toy 2014.... GO GO GO!

Ashe66 [sign in to see picture]

*Begins eyeing up empty plastic bottles* probably not the best thing to use? But then again :P AA seems unsure though XD

As for 50 shades, I don't hate the author, simply that she (and or the books) was given credit for the hard work of countless people in both the sex toy and BDSM community, it just happened to come out at a critical point when all of this was already going mainstream... and thus everyone gave it the credit, in reality it was more like a publicly acceptable excuse for people, the fact the majority totally forget and or ignore the hard work of certain communities etc (including lovehoney, who made such an effort with it all themselves) is what I personally hate, the author herself isn't really the problem.

But anyway, totally different topic :P Question I had following the mention of her name though, is the competition more BDSM themed? As in, will BDSM stuff have more of a chance this year kind of thing?

Lovehoney - Nicole [sign in to see picture]

Ashe66 wrote:

But anyway, totally different topic :P Question I had following the mention of her name though, is the competition more BDSM themed? As in, will BDSM stuff have more of a chance this year kind of thing?

Check out the competition page - the categories are toys for women, toys for men and toys for couples. BDSM toys are welcome as long as they fit into one of those categories. Hope that helps!

KinkyFuckery [sign in to see picture]

Scorpius12 wrote:

I have read the 50 Shades books and totally agree with BV.  EL James has done wonders for opening people’s minds - making subjects such as bondage and d/s less of a taboo, which can only be a good thing.  

For many, these books have re-kindled their love lives or opened their eyes to new experiences, for others it has helped them to come to terms with childhood abuse.

People must remember that the Fifty Shades books of fiction rather than a BDSM handbook and that the main character is by his own accounts ‘damaged’

Hopefully after reading her books, people will start to research the BDSM lifestyle for themselves and perhaps open up a side to their relationship they hadn’t realised could exist.    

Quick question for Lucy - If you have submitted a design in the previous competition - can you re-submit it again this time around?  Thanks! xx

Very true 50 Shades opened my eyes and purse hence why I am a LH addict lol

flaneur [sign in to see picture]

Is this competition limited to one entry per user or one per category or anything like that?

naughty stacey [sign in to see picture]

Last time I thought up several innovative and creative designs. All had been done. :(

That doesn't mean I wont be thinking of this topic hard again this year!

Lovehoney - Cazz [sign in to see picture]
    I'm so excited to see the entries, especially from the people who get to see last years entries, that are shown on Frisky Business tonight! Surely that is a head start and will help imaginations run wild! xx
    KinkyFuckery [sign in to see picture]

WOW amazing good luck everyone

DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]

OK i've entered! I was actually designing whilst watching - it's completely left field and after finishing and seeing the winners - I realised I didn't stand a chance - but what the hell! What have I got to lose?! Submitted! Good luck to everyone else who enters too!

DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]

Just realised I didn't put my name on my entry....
    I assumed that because I accessed the the link whilst signed into my account, it would automatically recognise me.... Or does it? Oops!

Delboy1991 [sign in to see picture]

This was a bad idea!! Made my oh sit and watch the show last night & kept me awake most of the night thinking of silly ideas. 😩 never again haha

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.