• What do you think about the design of the Lovehoney site?

    1391503284
    ToastButt [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 6
    • Joined: 4 Nov 2013

    It's always been a site where, personally, I'm not a huge fan of the aesthetic and some of the design choices but, similar to Amazon, the service is amazing and I have to assume that research and analysis have been into it to know that this is what works.

    Just curious how everyone else feels about it.

    1391510383
    Mr-Mrs-Sexy [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 426
    • Joined: 12 Aug 2010

    I have to say, i find it so well layed out, compared to other sites the only niggle i have is the drop down boxes when i hover but thats just me.

    10 out of 10 LH

    1391510693
    MrsMcX [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1949
    • Joined: 15 Feb 2013

    Yeah, I would have to say that I love the site. I think it's really well laid out and it's really easy to find products thanks to the sections and subsections. I personally can't stand Amazon's website, it's so difficult to find anything. But the lovehoney online site and mobile site are a favourite of mine.

    1391510994
    mrs average [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 967
    • Joined: 18 Oct 2012

    I find it very user friendly, not over complicated, easy to find everything from the tabs at the top.

    However the andriod mobile site is a bit of a nightmare and not as easy. This is why I mainly use it now at home from my PC as it's too awkward from my phone.

    1391511466
    LilMissFrustrated [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1057
    • Joined: 9 Aug 2011

    I've got an android phone and moving from say the threads to my account then back again is just a mare. I've got everything I need bookmarked now as its the only way to get around easily using my phone.

    1391512953
    Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 6256
    • Joined: 18 Dec 2007

    I personally find it very user friendly site too - not complicated and easy to find my way around. 10/10 :) xx

    1391513083
    Alastor [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 819
    • Joined: 15 May 2013

    LilMissFrustrated wrote:

    I've got an android phone and moving from say the threads to my account then back again is just a mare. I've got everything I need bookmarked now as its the only way to get around easily using my phone.

    Absolutely. I posted a list of significant problems and the tortuous work-arounds needed some time back.

    1391516120
    DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2192
    • Joined: 11 Feb 2009

    The desktop site is perfect. Everything is easy to find, easy to use.

    The mobile version is a little buggy (you can't edit posts on iOS, and sometimes the menus pop up even though you haven't touched them).

    Generally, the colour theme and aesthetic is pretty much what I would expect from a sex toy retailer - it's fun, friendly and inviting - makes shopping for toys less daunting and a pleasurable experience.

    1391516956
    Briohne [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 154
    • Joined: 24 Jan 2014

    I find it to be simple and colourful which is really effective and I find it easy to use. I've never had any problems browsing through this site.

    1391517834
    rose hip [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1166
    • Joined: 19 Aug 2010

    David expressed my thoughts on this better than I would have.

    Does every mobile interface have to be developed and optimised separately? That would be such a nightmare.

    I'm really glad LH is still supporting desktop users too. It's really frustrating how many companies are sacrificing quality on the standard interfaces to favour mobiles.

    1391518281
    blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2083
    • Joined: 23 Jun 2012

    It doesn't work as well on my mobile however the desktop site is very user friendly x

    1391522479
    Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 4218
    • Joined: 4 Dec 2012

    I have to agree with most of the comments above, the desktop site is brilliant, easy to navigate round etc, the mobile site not so much.

    The improvements made to the mobile site over the past 6 months are just that.

    I find that the forums work excellent on my mobile, but there are just too many results when shopping for it to be viable - I just get confused and bombarded with too much, I'd like to see a more intuitive way of narrowing down your search results when shopping from mobile. Not that I have any ideas, but that's the 1 area I would want improved

    1391523464
    Tigs [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant
    • Posts: 3
    • Joined: 30 Jan 2012

    I think the site is great (as most)

    The only 'niggle' I have is when trying to spend ooh points, I see a product but can't get the details about it if clicked on 'my ooh points', you have to have 2 pages open & find the item from the usual links.

    Apart from that, I love lovehoney! :)

    1391535288
    Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1455
    • Joined: 19 Jul 2010

    *breathes a mini sigh of relief*

    When I saw this thread pop up this morning I was a little nervous! I know there's things we can and need to improve on, but one part of my job is to make shopping for sex toys an easy process.

    In the past 6 months, I've done a lot of work on improving our sex toy groups and categories - e.g. new Bondage section, new Butt Plugs, Love Eggs, Cock Rings & Strap Ons groups, new categories in all sorts of places and some categories removed (scary!).

    We've also been making a concerted effort to make navigating to popular categories easier, and recently have been picking out star products and offers on group pages so they're easier to spot. We've also been a bit more attentive in updating the special offers pages.

    We try our hardest to keep the mobile versions working as best we can - sometimes we do forget to optimise content for there and you might have to squint at a graphic. Oops! The usability is something the tech team are constantly trying to improve - while not compromising the desktop version.

    I think Amazon used to be a site where design was sacrificed for the 'warehouse' feel and ease of finding things, but I think that's changed recenly. I for one find Amazon a NIGHTMARE to navigate now and then when you think you've got what you want at a great price, you realise it's being dispatched from an unknown company in Hong Kong and delivery time is 12 weeks... doh.

    I'd love for there to be an advanced search option on Lovehoney though, like on eBay. Yes, some people are new and just want to see a great product, but there are lots of people who want a 7 inch dildo, with balls, with 6 inch girth, with 7 vibrating functions, with a wired controller... and while we have all that data stored we don't have a way of giving it to those who want to use it. One day, hopefully!

    I was really pleased to read the comment about the site being bright and fun and not intimidating - which I think it actually quite a bit different to a lot of other sex toy sites where raunch and smouldering looks and style is put to the front, making it harder to access the toys.

    1391535539
    DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2192
    • Joined: 11 Feb 2009

    Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

    *breathes a mini sigh of relief*

    When I saw this thread pop up this morning I was a little nervous! I know there's things we can and need to improve on, but one part of my job is to make shopping for sex toys an easy process.

    In the past 6 months, I've done a lot of work on improving our sex toy groups and categories - e.g. new Bondage section, new Butt Plugs, Love Eggs, Cock Rings & Strap Ons groups, new categories in all sorts of places and some categories removed (scary!).

    We've also been making a concerted effort to make navigating to popular categories easier, and recently have been picking out star products and offers on group pages so they're easier to spot. We've also been a bit more attentive in updating the special offers pages.

    We try our hardest to keep the mobile versions working as best we can - sometimes we do forget to optimise content for there and you might have to squint at a graphic. Oops! The usability is something the tech team are constantly trying to improve - while not compromising the desktop version.

    I think Amazon used to be a site where design was sacrificed for the 'warehouse' feel and ease of finding things, but I think that's changed recenly. I for one find Amazon a NIGHTMARE to navigate now and then when you think you've got what you want at a great price, you realise it's being dispatched from an unknown company in Hong Kong and delivery time is 12 weeks... doh.

    I'd love for there to be an advanced search option on Lovehoney. Yes, some people are new and just want to see a great product, but there are lots of people who want a 7 inch dildo, with balls, with 6 inch girth, with 7 vibrating functions, with a wired controller... and while we have all that data stored we don't have a way of giving it to those who want to use it. One day, hopefully!

    I was really pleased to read the comment about the site being bright and fun and not intimidating - which I think it actually quite a bit different to a lot of other sex toy sites where raunch and smouldering looks and style is put to the front, making it harder to access the toys.

    You're welcome :D It's true though. You look at 'other sites' and they are raunchy, potentially use a lot of explicit imagery and can potentially lose people that are perhaps a bit embarassed about buying toys - especially the first time.

    But no other site offers the level of detail you do, from the brilliant product descriptions, to the helpful, friendly video guides - makes it all feel more natural, normal and it helped make feel at ease, and that for sure that this was the place I wanted to shop.

    1391535665
    Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1455
    • Joined: 19 Jul 2010

    DavidB1986 wrote:

    Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

    *breathes a mini sigh of relief*

    When I saw this thread pop up this morning I was a little nervous! I know there's things we can and need to improve on, but one part of my job is to make shopping for sex toys an easy process.

    In the past 6 months, I've done a lot of work on improving our sex toy groups and categories - e.g. new Bondage section, new Butt Plugs, Love Eggs, Cock Rings & Strap Ons groups, new categories in all sorts of places and some categories removed (scary!).

    We've also been making a concerted effort to make navigating to popular categories easier, and recently have been picking out star products and offers on group pages so they're easier to spot. We've also been a bit more attentive in updating the special offers pages.

    We try our hardest to keep the mobile versions working as best we can - sometimes we do forget to optimise content for there and you might have to squint at a graphic. Oops! The usability is something the tech team are constantly trying to improve - while not compromising the desktop version.

    I think Amazon used to be a site where design was sacrificed for the 'warehouse' feel and ease of finding things, but I think that's changed recenly. I for one find Amazon a NIGHTMARE to navigate now and then when you think you've got what you want at a great price, you realise it's being dispatched from an unknown company in Hong Kong and delivery time is 12 weeks... doh.

    I'd love for there to be an advanced search option on Lovehoney. Yes, some people are new and just want to see a great product, but there are lots of people who want a 7 inch dildo, with balls, with 6 inch girth, with 7 vibrating functions, with a wired controller... and while we have all that data stored we don't have a way of giving it to those who want to use it. One day, hopefully!

    I was really pleased to read the comment about the site being bright and fun and not intimidating - which I think it actually quite a bit different to a lot of other sex toy sites where raunch and smouldering looks and style is put to the front, making it harder to access the toys.

    You're welcome :D It's true though. You look at 'other sites' and they are raunchy, potentially use a lot of explicit imagery and can potentially lose people that are perhaps a bit embarassed about buying toys - especially the first time.

    But no other site offers the level of detail you do, from the brilliant product descriptions, to the helpful, friendly video guides - makes it all feel more natural, normal and it was made me sure that this was the place I wanted to shop.

    I have to add to that the AMAZING customer reviews - on practically everything! :-)

    edited to add: though I have a list as long as my arm about how I'd like those to be laid out so you can compare reviews more easily - Amazon-style

    1391535777
    DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2192
    • Joined: 11 Feb 2009

    Of course, the reviews! How could I forget those! I've written enough myself! Yes, the review system here is fantastic as well. It would be great to see the Most positive VS the Most negative reviews ( I assume thats what you mean by Amazon style).

    1391536434
    MrsMcX [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1949
    • Joined: 15 Feb 2013

    I didn't mention the colours, but yes I agree, the colours are fab. I love how they have a main colour of purple, which is a reasonably neutral colour for men and women. But I also love how the website is crisp, clean and has a hint of being sterile with all the white, which is exactly what I'm looking for. I think a website gives off an impression of the product and lovehoney says 'hey! We're happy, we like being a bit rude, and that's okay because everyone does it. Some come and see our stuff, it's totally normal and you can trust is when we say it's a quality product'. Where as a dark website with black backgrounds and hot pink or reds all over just says 'yo, you're looking for rude things you dirty thing, buy them here, we're dirty too'. Haha! I said that in a Barry White style voice in my head! I think websites that are too dark, just look a bit seedy, and I love how lovehoney doesn't go with that, it makes the website feel more open and welcoming.

    1391540455

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2993
    • Joined: 25 Apr 2013

    I like it very easy to use and the layout is nice. Keep up the good work lovehoney! =D

    1391545010
    Laveila [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2171
    • Joined: 8 Nov 2010

    I do like the design of the site, and I am relatively happy with even the mobile site.

    But there is one thing I do believe really needs improvement. The search engine. Both for toys and on the forum. Sometimes I am looking for particular threat and I can say it can be a bit of nightmare to find if if you do not know where it was and when the last post in it was.

    Also if you are looking for particular topic, you get rather messy looking results.

    Thread closed

    This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.