• How soon do you say "I love you"?

Imogen [sign in to see picture]

With previous partners we said it quite quickly, and then continued to say it often, probably a few times a day. I don't think I would say it so often anymore though, it lost some of it's meaning and specialness a bit. I've never actually been the first one to say it even if I'm thinking it, I think because I'm a bit shy about things like that.

The guy I've been seeing for the last two months actually told me he loved me this weekend :) I'd been thinking the same thing for a little while, but he still caught me really off-guard and I think my initial reaction perhaps wasn't quite what he had hoped for, he said I looked terrified haha! I was overjoyed though, I think I just hadn't been sure that he'd been feeling the same way I did so completely wasn't expecting it. I said it back once I recovered from the shock :)

BRL95 [sign in to see picture]

I first said it to my current boyfriend after getting drunk at a wedding... I know.

Instantly regretted it until he said it back. We tell eachother everyday now!

blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]

I told my hubby I adored him the first time because I was too scared to say the word love! We kinda used that phrase for a few weeks until I apparently let slip the "L" word. I don't remember saying it but he's adamant I said it first.
    Any way that was about 3 months after meeting, a month after we were living together and now we probably say it about five times a day to each other.

S&M sexy times [sign in to see picture]

If it is true to how you feel, then it feels right to say it, I told my other half I loved her after 3years of courtship, we started as penpals, then friends, then it just went from there, although myself & my other half have been together for nearly 14 years, I generally tell her I love her just before we go to sleep at night almost vevery day, she has only ever told me once she loves me, she never ever says it, I do find this frustrating, but I know she loves me, as if she didn't she would not have stayed with me all this time,(she's my best friend,soul mate & lover all in one, sorry if it sounds a little schmaltzy) still would be nice to hear it from her once in a while.

Durin-92 [sign in to see picture]

I for some reason can't take the survey :(

I think it took me about a year, maybe a bit less, but I was 13 when we first go together so it was a bit scary but now I say I love you to my boyfriend, everytime we say goodnight or whenever I feel like telling him

squall [sign in to see picture]

i told my oh i love her and had never met her lol i had only talked on a forum with her .... but i knew she was the one .... we are living together and have been for 8 years now

Briohne [sign in to see picture]

It depends on the situation. If you spend lots of time with one person you are more likely to say I love you earlier I think. I said to my partner that I loved him after roughly a month and felt right.

Lou22 [sign in to see picture]

Think it was a couple of months before i told my partner, tell him all the time now just can't help myself. Several times a day and sometimes the odd text message to, fortunately he's just the same :)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.