• Thread Display Oddities

Alastor [sign in to see picture]

Anyone else finding that they go to threads and the last few posts are not appearing?

On the index I can see different last posters and more recent posting times, I enter the thread and the last post visible is significantly earlier.

mrsdivine69 [sign in to see picture]

Yes! Driving me *%@* nuts.

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

Yes, this is a bug that's well documented - I find manually changing the URL to the next page number works.

DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]

It happens quite a lot. Usually fixes itself after a while. Usually I have to click on the last persons name to go to their profile to see if I can see the message or get into the thread that way. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

LilMissFrustrated [sign in to see picture]

Yes me!!! Its normally one thread a day, yesterday it was when did you last masterbate, today its the rate the avatar thread. Each day is different, keeps me guessing.

Sum Sub wrote:

Yes, this is a bug that's well documented - I find manually changing the URL to the next page number works.

I really would like to understand this SS but I dont.

I went away for a while in the hope it was better. I will think about kissing your instep mrsD to cheer myself up. xx

LilMissFrustrated wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

this is an URL:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk

Manually change to the next page number:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/310886-rate-the-avatar-of-the-person-above-you/page-443/

delete 3 type 4 press enter

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/310886-rate-the-avatar-of-the-person-above-you/page-444/

DavidB1986 [sign in to see picture]

LilMissFrustrated wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

If you go to the address bar at the top, change the page number. For example, the current page for the Good Afternoon thread is 372 as indicated: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/838237-good-morning-afternoon-evening-part-10/page-372/

If we moved onto the next page but you couldn't see the message, if you change the 372 to 373, it should work.

Make sense? x

DavidB1986 wrote:

LilMissFrustrated wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

If you go to the address bar at the top, change the page number. For example, the current page for the Good Afternoon thread is 372 as indicated: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/838237-good-morning-afternoon-evening-part-10/page-372/

If we moved onto the next page but you couldn't see the message, if you change the 372 to 373, it should work.

Make sense? x

It just worked on the 'Have you ever?' thread. Thanks. Sumsub esp.

Welcome Alastor.

shouldn't have to do so, but need to do so!

Sum Sub wrote:

Welcome Alastor.

shouldn't have to do so, but need to do so!

Thanks guys but as I am mainly on my phone goodness knows if id ever get it right. Im on the laptop now hence my overuse of the pics. I love the faces!!

Another forum I use had apparently non-viewable extra pages beyond what was visible. You were correctly directed to the last workable posts, but some users who had misbehaved would have their posts 'ghosted' and made non-visible - so only say 480 of 482 pages-worth of posts could be seen.

Much less of a problem tha this one though. All that happened would be that you thought there were more posts, tried to get to them and ended up back where you started. It didnt cause issues seeing new (non-ghosted) posts.

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.