• iPhone browsing is different?

Cornish89 [sign in to see picture]

Is it just my iphone or has the mobile site changed? The search box and basket now seem to permanently stay at the top of the screen which means I have even less space to see the site!
    Also I can no longer tap the top of the screen to scroll to the top of the page, I have to manually do it which takes a while on long forum threads lol x

Also! The iphone address bar and search bar no longer disappear when you scroll down the page either!

ShannonMarlene [sign in to see picture]

That's the way mine has always been :S
    I wish they'd do an iPhone app!

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

It's the same on jellybean

Sum Sub wrote:

It's the same on jellybean

And I must say it's terrible! The amount of times I've clicked on something that wasn't there when I went to press it is crazy!! It's only been 10 mins!
    Kinky&Curvy [sign in to see picture]

It's like that on my iPod!! It's awful :( I can't even click on the community to open up the other options coz they over lap eachother!! Xx

Mine has only just changed to it today? Like this afternoon! It was different this morning, I don't like it at all :(

MrsMcX [sign in to see picture]

Mines different too, it's quite annoying!!! But I'm sure we'll get used to it.

Lou22 [sign in to see picture]

Just switched to iPhone recently (couple of weeks) and it's not changed for me in that time. I don't have the problem of the bar at the top of the page but I can't tap to scroll up like I could before.

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

I have the side like this for a long time on my Android phone.

Also LH said I think several times that they cannot make app for mobile devices because of the context of the side. So the only other option is the mobile site, which is actually better than what it was previously. I could not find any option for mobile site version of the forum. Only the products pages.

These changes are making me wish there was a switch to full site option.

Me too SS! It's a lot harder and more time consuming to look through the forum now! X

Winter_Is_Coming [sign in to see picture]

I find it displays quite nicely on the larger 5S screen. It can sometimes be hard to click on what you want though, and it's a bit annoying that there's no option to view the 'full desktop site' like most other websites.

An app would be great, but Apple have a pretty strict policy when it comes to 'sexual content' on their app store. We're unlikely to see a change in that anytime soon unfortunately.

Lovehoney - Numbers [sign in to see picture]

Hi Folks, just to let you know this is a test, some of you will see it, some of you won't. 

The theory behind it is when you're shopping on the site, it's easier to access the little 3-line hamburger icon to navigate, search is there too, and of course, the basket button smiley

As you've mentioned it makes the community harder, we can exclude any page regarding the community - will get this actioned in the morning.

Regarding an App - we did actually have one, we were the first sex toy retailer to do so, but no-one used it, and it was a lot of hoops to jump through, had to be watered down and only have a reduced product set, so unlikely to do that again.

Matty

Lovehoney - Numbers wrote:

Hi Folks, just to let you know this is a test, some of you will see it, some of you won't. 

The theory behind it is when you're shopping on the site, it's easier to access the little 3-line hamburger icon to navigate, search is there too, and of course, the basket button 

As you've mentioned it makes the community harder, we can exclude any page regarding the community - will get this actioned in the morning.

Regarding an App - we did actually have one, we were the first sex toy retailer to do so, but no-one used it, and it was a lot of hoops to jump through, had to be watered down and only have a reduced product set, so unlikely to do that again.

Matty

Thanks Matty :)
    sleepycelia [sign in to see picture]

I can see the new layout! I quite like it but the basket icon at the top takes up a fair bit of space, I wish you could tap on it to hide it or something, I keep accidentially tapping on the search bar/basket.

The theory behind it is when you're shopping on the site, it's easier to access the little 3-line hamburger icon to navigate, search is there too, and of course, the basket button 

As you've mentioned it makes the community harder, we can exclude any page rega

Laveila wrote:

As you've mentioned it makes the community harder, we can exclude any page rega

Looks like my post just got deleted?

Anyway. I said that I actually prefer this to the whole page view, because I have 3.5 inch small phone. When I had to go to the community on the full view, I never came to check anything, even if it meant not checking LH for days as it was struggle between... barely being able to read it, or constantly enlarging things, which cause me huge navigation problems.

Now with this view, although the scrolling is bit of pain, I come to the community while on my  phone. if it goes back to full, I am not going to come to the community again on my phone anymore.

Maybe just make it possible to switch to the full view if the person wants to view it as full page?

ShannonMarlene [sign in to see picture]

Sorry to reboot an older thread but I've been having major problems with the new site for iPhone. Sometimes it won't let me scroll down or it'll load into something I didn't click on.
    Anyone else having problems?

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.