• Delivery charges

PlumCake [sign in to see picture]

Jazzam wrote:

I find it amusing that someone mentioned Bondara, seeing as they have the same £10 minimum spend!!
    They have more advertised discounted spends, (10% off £10 spend etc) BUT most of their stuff is equal or higher priced than LH to begin with.
    It might *seem* cheaper in cost, but the value for money is appalling in most cases... You have to spend loads to make any kind of saving at all. And then you have the issue of buying something and it being truly awful and not at all like their limited descriptions portray... Can you return it to them?? No...

Ill stick with LH, they are hard working and even if they don't compete with the individual prices (which they often DO!) all the free gifts and newsletter offers give you such great value for money.

As a side note to LH, PERHAPS you could look into offering a non-tracked service that is cheaper/free for the under £10 spend? Personally I think the £10 spend is more than reasonable but it might be an idea if its at all feasible x

Thanks for your kind words! This is the way we see it, and we're very rarely beaten on price. Plus, you're unlikely to find anywhere else which will accept returns.

Our non-tracked service was removed a while ago due to the fact that we're simply not happy with lost parcels. Every lost parcel costs us money - we would always replace an item for the customer - and then we're paying twice. Now that every parcel is tracked, in the unlikely event of a lost parcel, Royal Mail are liable. 

Plus, postage costs us the same amount whether you spend £1 or £100 - so whilst we felt it was reasonable to offer free postage over a certain amount, with some low spends we were actually making a loss. Hope this helps!

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

Wow, seriously? People here honestly think they are being ripped off because they have to pay postage?
    People just want everything for nothing these days...
    Think about it, seriously. The postage on here is dirt cheap for the service they use. I consistently receive my orders the day after I place them. Buy an item from ebay and you'll be charged twice the money for the same service! And all this 'lovehoney used to do free postage', um wasn't that just a promotion? I am pretty sure I've paid postage before now...
    Not to mention how cheap the actual items are on here. It's not very often that you would be buying something for less than a tenner. There are plenty of little silly things you can add to an order that cost about the same as the postage cost too, how many sites offer you the opportunity to get something extra instead of paying postage?? Plus you can always be smart about shopping, save up and get everything you need in one order and get free postage.
    I'm sorry, but if you have money to buy something from lovehoney (which lets face it, awesome as it is is NOT going to be an essential for those on a budget) then you are sure to have a couple of quid extra for the postage.
    Lovehoney provides an amazing service and you're unhappy at having to pay postage for them to post an item to you? That is just greed. How about being happy that they offer free postage at all, rather than complain that it comes with a tiny minimum spend...

Strange Days [sign in to see picture]

If you are buying something that less than £10, just throw in some lube, condoms, toy cleaner, or any other useful item - job done..! Combine 2 orders...??  £10 is exactly a lot, these days.

Worth it for the service, IMO. 

mrbumps [sign in to see picture]

the postage cost has lost me as customer, i dont buy allot from lovehoney (much cheaper places online) these days but the main thing i always get every few months is lube, but no longer. brought what i wanted for less, inc delivery from amazon. 

Young and fun95 [sign in to see picture]

Jazzam wrote:

I find it amusing that someone mentioned [moderator edit], seeing as they have the same £10 minimum spend!!
    They have more advertised discounted spends, (10% off £10 spend etc) BUT most of their stuff is equal or higher priced than LH to begin with.
    It might *seem* cheaper in cost, but the value for money is appalling in most cases... You have to spend loads to make any kind of saving at all. And then you have the issue of buying something and it being truly awful and not at all like their limited descriptions portray... Can you return it to them?? No...

Ill stick with LH, they are hard working and even if they don't compete with the individual prices (which they often DO!) all the free gifts and newsletter offers give you such great value for money.

As a side note to LH, PERHAPS you could look into offering a non-tracked service that is cheaper/free for the under £10 spend? Personally I think the £10 spend is more than reasonable but it might be an idea if its at all feasible x

That'd be great! Although the tracking a great when I've spent £100 and want to make sure it gets here safe, a £5 cock ring I'm not too protective over

Dali256 [sign in to see picture]

You either pay for postage in a price increase of the products or as a seperate fee, postage is never free.

Im more than happy with how lovehoney deals with postage and they are the same price or cheaper  than most other online shops. The price of shipping has risen dramatically over the last few years and boxes, paper and wages for someone to pack it dont come for free.

Maybe lovehoney could offer an amazon prime like service at some point in the future?

Dali256 [sign in to see picture]

You either pay for postage in a price increase of the products or as a seperate fee, postage is never free.

Im more than happy with how lovehoney deals with postage and they are the same price or cheaper  than most other online shops. The price of shipping has risen dramatically over the last few years and boxes, paper and wages for someone to pack it dont come for free.

Maybe lovehoney could offer an amazon prime like service at some point in the future?

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.