• Delivery charges

Little Strummer Boy [sign in to see picture]

Is it just me or delivery used to be free? I notice now its free only on orders of £10or more?

Just an excuse to add an essential or something new to any order I guess!

dh [sign in to see picture]

Fair enough I suppose. Postage costs are pretty high these days so can't blame LH for not offering free postage on an item that is so cheap they'd make a loss

blackjag63 [sign in to see picture]

I had noticed but suppose they lose a lot with the low cost items and to make you order more, it is a business after all.

Little Strummer Boy [sign in to see picture]

dh wrote:

Fair enough I suppose. Postage costs are pretty high these days so can't blame LH for not offering free postage on an item that is so cheap they'd make a loss

Icompletely agree. It wasnt a criticism I think its only fair and £10 is pretty cheap!

xKayteex [sign in to see picture]

I second that SJR i usually buy my little odd bits because i dont always have enough to buy loads at one time and i hate paying for postage it puts me off shopping online but working stupid hours im fourced to but do agree postage is expensive :(

PrincessPetal [sign in to see picture]

I got some Sliquid last night for £7 and wasn't charged delivery? Was this only added today then? Could be because of the sale. x

Puddleduck [sign in to see picture]

Am I wrong in thinking lovehoney TV ads are still running and are advertising free delivery... wasn't this one of its biggest selling points on the ads?

SophieM [sign in to see picture]

The free delivery was a huge bonus for me! I was planning on buying some small gifts for people but there is no way I can do that now with the £2.50 postage per order under £10. :(

Littlemisshugs [sign in to see picture]

PrincessPetal wrote:

I got some Sliquid last night for £7 and wasn't charged delivery? Was this only added today then? Could be because of the sale. x

I don't think it is because of the sale.  They had different sales on yesterday and some things were cheaper then and others were the same price as they are now. 

It's a shame.  I'm assuming it is neccessary due to postage and packaging costs but it was one of the biggest selling points for me.  I appreciate it is still a very low spend to qualify for free delivery but means less spur of the moment orders for me as I now know it will cost me at least £10 as it won't seem worth buying something that will cost as much or almost as much in postage.  Which means mentally I will have to be prepared to spend at least that much before I start clicking.  I realise it's daft though as I usually ended up spending more than £10 in an order anyway but I nearly always started out with the intention to get one or two inexpensive things and my order spiralled. 

lubylou13 [sign in to see picture]

Gem26 wrote:

Am I wrong in thinking lovehoney TV ads are still running and are advertising free delivery... wasn't this one of its biggest selling points on the ads?

Thats exactly what I thought Gem. Thought it was on the ads and they are still running.

Free delivery was a massive bonus for me as I dont always spend £10 in one order and its was great for essentials like batteries etc., £2.50 though is still extremly reasonable for tracked in comparison to other places, royal mail is so expensive these days.

Aphrodite2011 [sign in to see picture]

As dh pointed out, the postal charges imposed by royal mail genuinely  have increased considerably.   Eventually Lovehoney have to pass on some costs to customers. On the other hand, not many companies will give free returns, exchange and refunds for up to a year.  The fact that there is a postal charge now on smaller orders is sadly a fact of the increase cost of living. We have royal mail to "thank"  for that.  Lovehoney are just as fantastic as they have always been.

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

lubylou13 wrote:

Gem26 wrote:

Thats exactly what I thought Gem. Thought it was on the ads and they are still running.

Free delivery was a massive bonus for me as I dont always spend £10 in one order and its was great for essentials like batteries etc., £2.50 though is still extremly reasonable for tracked in comparison to other places, royal mail is so expensive these days.

If the ads are still running and showing free delivery then it should be. If the ads have stopped and they have altered all info regarding free delivery to fit with the current rules, then ok. But I agree, I liked the free delivery. But also a slight delivery charge may make those who are prone to returns due to taste consider their purchases more carefully.

mr and mrs [sign in to see picture]

to be honest paying for postage on items under £10 wouldn't really bother me. I tend to spend £10 or more anyway but other sites have a much higher free postage threshold.

Puddleduck [sign in to see picture]

I do understand postage costs have gone up and I've only ever returned 1 item... like others have said my orders are normally over £10, but some spends have been less due to simply not wanting anything else at that time. As Sophie said there are those that like buying gifts but simply can't afford £10 but by the time you've bought a small something and added the postage costs it's close to £10.
    Yes I understand it's a business and the postage costs have to be passed on, but it will make me reconsider buying. It will also be frustrating when DOTD or offers come up that are lower than free postage costs. If I am in need of things like lubes etc it may push me to consider using competitive companies as I have them locally and will end up paying the same when you add the cost of postage in.

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

Little Strummer Boy wrote:

dh wrote:

Icompletely agree. It wasnt a criticism I think its only fair and £10 is pretty cheap!

Well... We all know lovehoney isn't the cheapest. It's the delivery and returns that makes us loyal. (Plus the forum)
    Cheeky Chica [sign in to see picture]

I don't have a problem with the delivery charges, I very rarely spend less than a tenner. 

Lovehoney - Numbers [sign in to see picture]

Hey Folks, we're watching this like hawks smiley 

The £10 threshold is something we're trying out for the duration of the sale - understand completely that it's odd becuase normally we put free delivery on everything. But during the sale, if something at say 7.99 is now on sale at £3, us paying delivery (the £ 2.50 is pretty much what we pay RM for Tracked 48 hours), on top of that means we've lost out in taking that order. Not super sensible.

So, having the 10 pound threshold, a bit like Amazon's add-on program, means we can put items in the sale cheaper than we normally would, without the danger of something going on HotUKDeals, with someone using an affiliate code, and the fun offer stacking (which I personally love and think makes shopping at lovehoney a bit of a game to see how to get the best discount) which makes me very happy (because I look at money through the till) but our trading team sad (because they look at how much they've actually made). smiley

It is just a trial, the TV ads have stopped now (they were very successful, hooray!), but we're watching it to see if folks are turned off by it, and has it actually done us any good. 

Do let me know what you think, as it's important to understand how our customers feel about this!

thanks

Matty (Numbers)

LilMissMardyBum [sign in to see picture]

SophieM wrote:

The free delivery was a huge bonus for me! I was planning on buying some small gifts for people but there is no way I can do that now with the £2.50 postage per order under £10. :(

Same here i was going to buy a few gifts today,but now i just cant afford to,yesterday i had everything worked out ,my spend per lovehoney member,now the total with the delivery charge is £60 so im going to have to leave it which makes me sad :(  

pr4wnst4r [sign in to see picture]

I suppose it's only fair that it's a minimum of £10 as they'd just be losing money if they gave free delivery for something that is £3 etc. I don't have that much money so I usually just buy things when I can afford it so I don't always spend £10, If theres something on deal of the day for under £10 I'll have to spend more money to get the free delivery which could be a bit inconvenient 

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

While I think it's ok, I am a tad annoyed that another thing on sale I want just went on and it's under £10. Ah if only I had known early this morning. *sigh*

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.