• Lovehoney Friends

popk1n [sign in to see picture]

loganlogan wrote:

I too came here after the chat function had gone.ive never had it so don't miss it.
    As I'm kind of new to posting(and not a social media person) I'm not really sure about how the friends thing works,what does being friend requested mean?
    I accepted as I thought it was nice and it made me smile ☺

hit the nail on the head, it's just a nice and friendly gesture :)

I am fellow post-chat member, but from what I gather, the friends function is purely just a remainder from the chat function. I guess it would have been removed with the chat, but the actual "friend" function isn't doing any harm, so they just left it alone, since it doesn't really do anything :)

Mrs Mad Dog Me [sign in to see picture]

I didn't even know you could add friends lol 😁 learning things on here every day

Cheeky_Monkey [sign in to see picture]

I'm new to LH and only dip my toe in occasionally; like others, I was never around when the chat function was up and running, so I've never missed it. To be honest, there's something reassuring that everything is out in the open as it is (and yet only within the confines of the LH forum) - it feels like a safe space - and there's no opportunity for any one-to-one awkward situations to arise.

I'd imagine that the concept of "Friends" within LH is to try and nurture a closer-knit community. With so many registered users, it's a way of "bookmarking" particular people you feel a certain affinity to, have similar interests as, enjoy their posts, etc - that's not the same as connecting through people via chat.
    Having said that, I don't have any friends (buwahahaha!), so I'm not sure if the Friends function lets you track certain people's posts etc.

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

Cheeky_Monkey wrote:

I'm new to LH and only dip my toe in occasionally; like others, I was never around when the chat function was up and running, so I've never missed it. To be honest, there's something reassuring that everything is out in the open as it is (and yet only within the confines of the LH forum) - it feels like a safe space - and there's no opportunity for any one-to-one awkward situations to arise.

I'd imagine that the concept of "Friends" within LH is to try and nurture a closer-knit community. With so many registered users, it's a way of "bookmarking" particular people you feel a certain affinity to, have similar interests as, enjoy their posts, etc - that's not the same as connecting through people via chat.
    Having said that, I don't have any friends (buwahahaha!), so I'm not sure if the Friends function lets you track certain people's posts etc.

You hit the nail on the head there Cheeky_Monkey. The friends function does let you keep track of people who's advice you admire, reviews you enjoy and you feel that you have common interests with:)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.