• Product videos don't work on Chrome browser

darklightq [sign in to see picture]

Basically i can't view any product videos on Lovehoney via crhome as i get the following message.

To watch videos, you need Version 9 or greater of the Flash Player. Click here to see which http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/155/tn_15507.html you have. If you have Version 8 or less, get the latest http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ here.

You also need to have JavaScript enabled in your browser.

I have flash and javascript enabled and every other websites i use work just fine plus if i open the same product page in IE or Firefox it works and i can watch the videos just fine. My OS is windows 8 and my browser is as up to date as possible.

Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]

Hi Darklightq, I have Chrome on my laptop and have no problems playing LH videos. May be worth updating Flash Player and JavaScript even though you already have them. I get notifications to update these about once a month, and let them update so that I always have the newest version. Hope this helps :)

Dazzels [sign in to see picture]

I highly recomend moving to Chrome as it automaticaly updates adobe flash player, if you can't do that (work laptop etc) then try the instructions on http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Also you may wish to check if you have any conflicting addons or extensions on your current browser, another reason to switch to chrome.

I am using chrome and everything is updated but it's just Love honey that doesn't work.

Here is a screenshot of the problem. On the left is Lovehoney with message saying i need flash and to enable javascript and on the right is a vimeo video which plays just fine, http://oi39.tinypic.com/116tggp.jpg

[suspended user]

suspended user

Maybe just update them so you can watch them? :) x

Everything is already updated though as evident by the fact that no other website has this issue so no idea what's up.

I tried disabling all my extensions in chrome in case it was one of those that was causing issues but it didn't help at all. Also cleared cookies but still the same message that i am getting.

LetsTryThis [sign in to see picture]

As daft as it sounds... have you tried restarting your computer?

myghost [sign in to see picture]

have you tried upgrading the chrome browser i'm running version 28.0.1500.72 m (haven't updated in a while) with the LH site in an incognito tab videos are working just fine

Running version 29.0.1547.57 m and restarting my PC doesn't help at all

It's a problem with your Javascript. I have just turned mine off, restarted my browser (Safari, Mac OsX) and have the same error message that you see. I turned it back on, and can see the videos again. I have done a quick search and found this - http://www.enable-javascript.com

I should have said "I think it's....."

Thanks LetsTryThis but that didn't help. My Javascript was enabled so i disabled it restarted my browser then re-enabled it but still getting the same messages about that and flash.

Shouldn't be a problem that i am running Windows 8 but might try re-installing chrome to see if that helps.

Sorry I can't help. If you have a google though - it would appear that you aren't alone and it probably isn't just LH's videos - just you haven't been on every website with every embedded video. There's some talk 'out there' that talks about conflicting versions of java (or was it flash - can't remember) one for your system, and one for your browser. But as I said I'm on a Mac and my memory of windows is dwindling, and I haven't used Windows 8. Hope you get it sorted - at least worse case scenario you can view the videos in your other browsers.

LilMissMardyBum [sign in to see picture]

i cant wach the vids they just keep buffering and so on rather annoying i know its not my interenet connection as my blokey plays on hix xbox online and thats fine hes got no lag

No point in me spending any more time trying to sort this out when i can just use firefox to virew any videos on lovehoney.

Thanks for the help anyway everyone

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.