• Lovehoney's Design a Sex Toy Competition is back!

Lovehoney - Jess [sign in to see picture]

That's right everyone, it's official! 

We're running another Design a Sex Toy Competition and we're ready for you to start submitting your ideas..... NOW! 

If you think you have what it takes to design the next ultimate pleasure tool, check out the Design a Sex Toy website to find out how you can get involved. 

We have three categories for you to choose from, so start thinking about who you'd like your toy to be used by and get sending in those designs. For inspiration, research what is already available for menwomen and couples, and check out a few of our top tips!

Please take time to read through the competition rules and remember the deadline is the 16th September 2013 so get submitting ASAP!!

We can't wait to see what you come up with! 

Kinkydink [sign in to see picture]

Just wondering if you are restricted to one entry, or can you submit as many designs as you like?? Cheers (Not that I've even come up with one yet but knowing me i'll probably end up with a few lol)

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

Hey Kinkydink! It's one entry per category per person - full Competition Rules here.

taraman [sign in to see picture]

Oh no! My OH is going to torture me when she sees this competition. She'll be building prototypes in the garage before I get home!

Thanks Alice. My OH better register then or she'll miss out on entering lol.

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

Ok... I am so going to take a week off work just to put together ideas!

Its going to take me a week at least just whittling down my ideas to the one. Oh and another week getting rid of the ridiculous ideas...although a 60ft sex robot isn't that ridiculous right?!!

Moo99 [sign in to see picture]

What were the winners of previous years? I see in the 'Design a sex toy' link it says the 2009 winner was the Sqweel... Just interested.

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

Moo99 wrote:

What were the winners of previous years? I see in the 'Design a sex toy' link it says the 2009 winner was the Sqweel... Just interested.

The winners each year receive their monetary prize, and we try to find ways to bring the product to market.

Previous years' winners have had £££ spent on development, but none except the Sqweel have yet managed to meet the exacting standards we have to get the greenlight for full production.

Obviously, we need to keep the designs under wraps in the mean time and most of the winners wish to stay anonymous - but please rest assured that the winners receive their cash prize and we make every effort to put the design into production!

Khaleesi [sign in to see picture]

Sounds awesome! I'll be submitting one soon :) Xx

LauraP [sign in to see picture]

I just want a rabbit I can't break through over use. Dead bunny's give me a sad.

FreeSingle&ReadyToTingle [sign in to see picture]

I can't wait to get cracking on this!!!! 

blonde vixen13 [sign in to see picture]

Thanks LH! I was awake till 2am thinking about designs and doodling.

Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]

Very Exciting - I can't stop designing in my head now - lol - must try to fit work in there somewhere 

comegetme.. [sign in to see picture]

If you come up with a concept, but the design needs developing, will it be thrown out or chosen as something to work on with experts? i.e. does it need to be the exact finished article, or more of an idea with a few sketches? x

meetand2veg [sign in to see picture]

I think I'm going along the lines of when is a sex toy not like a sex toy? When it doesn't look like one. If you left it in your kids toy box you're not going to get that embarassing question... "Mummy what is this and what does it do?" Lol....

rubysoho [sign in to see picture]

meetand2veg wrote:

I think I'm going along the lines of when is a sex toy not like a sex toy? When it doesn't look like one. If you left it in your kids toy box you're not going to get that embarassing question... "Mummy what is this and what does it do?" Lol....

iget  where youre coming from but id really hope nobody at ALL would ever pop their sex toys anywhere near their kids toyboxes !!! 

LilMissMardyBum [sign in to see picture]

i have a good idea but i cant draw lol which sucks having spoken with a few friends they seem to think it would work well i just need to learn to draw by the deadline lmfao

bexiibooh [sign in to see picture]

submitted my design:)

Lovehoney - Numbers [sign in to see picture]

comegetme.. wrote:

If you come up with a concept, but the design needs developing, will it be thrown out or chosen as something to work on with experts? i.e. does it need to be the exact finished article, or more of an idea with a few sketches? x

I think you'll be fine - remember folks, your toy will likely go through many many changes before it turns into a physical thing. Sketches are great, as they will help the judges imagine the finished item.

Generally, give some thought to the materials, and how the toy will work. If it vibrates, how does it vibrate? If there's a mechanical motion, how will that work? Always give some thought to the laws of physics here! There's no such thing as perpetual motion and friction can slow a toy right down.

Try not to make the toy too fiddly or gimmicky. Self lubricating toys are submitted every year (as are vibrating gloves!) - research your idea and make sure it doesn't already exist (or has been patented)

Good luck everyone!

Matty

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.