• Post(er) of the month

Little Strummer Boy [sign in to see picture]

Evening all,

One of the great things about LH, and the reason I do all my shopping here, is the great sense of community. This is often based on shared experiences and personal opinions.

I'd like to suggest and hoping LH agree that a post(er) of the month award is introduced. I think we have probably all gotten some great advice (fluffbags and KF I'm looking at you) over the years and as well as a great sense of help and resulting satisfacion I think it would be nice if we could nominate someone whos advice has helped us in someway. The prize could be points from LH and could be voted on by forum users or by a panel at LH.

What do you think?

[suspended user]

suspended user

I think that's an amazing idea! That would be great! =)

taraman [sign in to see picture]

Seconded! Great idea.

KinkyFuckery [sign in to see picture]

Little Strummer Boy wrote:

Evening all,

One of the great things about LH, and the reason I do all my shopping here, is the great sense of community. This is often based on shared experiences and personal opinions.

I'd like to suggest and hoping LH agree that a post(er) of the month award is introduced. I think we have probably all gotten some great advice (fluffbags and KF I'm looking at you) over the years and as well as a great sense of help and resulting satisfacion I think it would be nice if we could nominate someone whos advice has helped us in someway. The prize could be points from LH and could be voted on by forum users or by a panel at LH.

What do you think?

Aww bless you thats sweet of you to say

Its a great idea wonder how LH could work it x

MissChar [sign in to see picture]

It would be great to recognise those who give awesome advice but I'm unsure as to how it would work out!

I think it would have to be LH decided, after forum users noms.. Because some people have lots of knowledge and experience in lots of things and are always super helpful like KF and fluffbags :) , and then I suppose some people post helpfully on a less looked at thread, or something quite specific, or can only give advice in certain situations.

So our nominations then LH decision would mean one helpful post doesn't get lost.. If that makes sense! That how I woudl do it! Cool idea! :) Xx

AliMc [sign in to see picture]

My vote would be for Fluffbags as well

MrsMcX [sign in to see picture]

It's a good idea, but realistically, the amount of posts that are on here just daily is phenomenal, never mind monthly!! I think it would be hard to manage :/

MrsMcX wrote:

It's a good idea, but realistically, the amount of posts that are on here just daily is phenomenal, never mind monthly!! I think it would be hard to manage :/

Good point. Perhaps a weekly one then with a smaller prize.

PinkPolkaDot [sign in to see picture]

It's a great idea but I just don't think it can be done. I'm sure that staff already have a lot on their plate and this would just be too much for them to manage. Also, I think it could potentially encourage a lot of pointless posts (spam). And who would get to decide the criteria on which the prizes would be based? And what the prize would be? I think it would be very difficult to manage, like MrsMc said, with the huge amount of posts.

KebertXela [sign in to see picture]

It tends just to be people voting for there friends, every week, even if they last logged in 6 weeks ago

Little Strummer Boy [sign in to see picture]

Lol so much pessimism!

It would hopefully be based on the quality of posts, not quantity, so there shouldn't be an increase in spam posting.

PinkPolkaDot [sign in to see picture]

I wouldn't call it pessimism, more like realism ;)

Naughty Miss K [sign in to see picture]

Good idea - it would be interesting to hear what the guys at LH think :)

S&S [sign in to see picture]

It wouldn't take long for it to descend into a small clique really, I don't think it's a great idea.

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

I agree that this would not work. I believe that all helpful post should be appreciated. There are people here who have lot of knowledge and try to be helpful. But some people have less time than others to be very active members in this community, which may infuence how they are seen. But by no means it makes them less helpful in my eyes.

Plus I do think nomination would work a lot by friendship and lets face it, we all know how this can work out. Not very well, from my previous experience with similar system.

bumblebee [sign in to see picture]

I agree, it's a great idea, in theory, but I just don't see it being practical :/

SophieM [sign in to see picture]

Have to agree with others I'm afraid.

Although a fab idea in theory, I don't think it would go down to well in the long run.

Possible spamming of the forums, people voting for friends, and the LH staff might not be able to keep and eye on the forums properly and find it too much.

Cat Lady [sign in to see picture]

I agree with all those who say it won't work. Also it's asking something of LH they might not be willing to provide.

Hampshire Hogg [sign in to see picture]

I tend to agree that it is a lovely idea in theory but in practice it could involve a lot of resource to organise and run.

One thing I would say is that many forum members who regularly post advice do it because they want to support and help others,not to get recognition or reward other than hopefully improving someone's sex life or just giving encouragement.

This is the great thing about the forum the majority are here to support and encourage, appreciation can be shown by posting thanks, or for something special sending a wishlist gift.

I fear that turning posting in to a competition may change the dynamic of the forum.

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.