• Dimensions on website

5mil [sign in to see picture]

This may be a slightly off-the-wall request, but is there any chance that LH could re-introduce measuring the girth of toys by diameter instead of circumference? I find it much easier to get an idea of the size of a toy when given the length and diameter measurements rather than the circumference, which always has me reaching for the calculator...

repliquant [sign in to see picture]

Seconded. Apart from very-irregularly-shaped toys it is the diameter which is the most important variable, also for toys the cross-section of which is an ellipsoid.

A digital caliper is a cheap tool that would help humans in the noble quest of precision ;) It does have its limitations, as supergirthy toys (above 100 mm diameter) require a measuring tape, as the hooks of a typical caliper don't extend that far. But there aren't many toys that girthy, after all.

I also have to make this sort of computation, usually: 2.54*X/3.14159, where X is the circumference in nonstandard units. Made an alias for that, as I had to do it all too often ;)

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

I judge by circumference rather than diameter. Perhaps they could list both?

WildThing [sign in to see picture]

Both is a good idea.... that way it pleases all people!

BDSM [sign in to see picture]

Both please. I prefer circumference!

scarab9 [sign in to see picture]

both is good! I'mgetting thergetn circumference but diameter is still clearer!
    thenagai mymathsa level does hey used at least

Lou22 [sign in to see picture]

Although i prefer diameter i don't really mind but would be handy to have it the same across all toys, makes it easier if your trying to choose one out of few.

SophieM [sign in to see picture]

I reckon it would be really handy having measurements in both diameter and circumference for a lot of buyers.

It doesn't bother me too much though, I just use one of those paper rulers you get in IKEA to measure the circumference so I can get a true image of the size.

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

Hey everyone,

It's really difficult to measure diameter accurately on toys, particularly ones which aren't perfectly cylindrical, we're able to give a much more accurate measurement when we give a circumference.

For those of you who prefer daimeters, have you tried using a simple online converter to work out the diameter from the circumference?

Personally, I use this Converter, but if you just Google 'circumference to diameter' there are loads of sites which you can use for free!

Thanks for your feedback!

Curiousgeorgie [sign in to see picture]

I was going to say how can you accurately measure it unless you cut it in half, lol.

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

It's really difficult to measure diameter accurately on toys, particularly ones which aren't perfectly cylindrical, we're able to give a much more accurate measurement when we give a circumference.

For those of you who prefer daimeters, have you tried using a simple online converter to work out the diameter from the circumference?

Personally, I use this http://www.onlineconversion.com/circlesolve.htm, but if you just Google 'circumference to diameter' there are loads of sites which you can use for free!

If the cross-section of a given toy deviates from a perfect circle, then the maximum diameter is the relevant variable. For example, one of the toys I own has 4 segments with oval cross-sections, and the respective segment diameters are 59x49, 66x60, 78x73, and 88x81 mm. Listing 88 (or whatever it is in her majesty's system) would suffice then. There are outfits on the net that list both the maximum circumference and the maximum diameter. That is much more informative.

Regarding tools, for me it's not an issue.

Lovehoney - Jess wrote:

Sorry Jess, but if the cross-section isn't perfectly cylindrical, you are not going to be able to calculate an accurate diameter from the circumference figure anyway - you would only get a mean diameter, and that may be considerably smaller than the width at the widest point.

I appreciate that it is easier to wrap a tape around a toy to measure girth, but then the onus is on the purchaser to do calculations, which is not making it easy for the customer. It would be much better if you could give both girth and diameter, that way everyone is happy.

I agree with repliquant - only the maximum diameter is required, and you can easily get an approximation of this from a ruler, or use a digital calliper micrometer if you want to be totally accurate - you can buy these cheaply these days.

This is what I use:

http://www.clasohlson.com/uk/Pr407541000/Pr407541000

Unbeatable.

repliquant wrote:

Unbeatable.

Oh really?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/electronic-digital-calliper-32198

Half the price!

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.