• Model of the Month: reoccurring theme?

    1370216620
    rag doll [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 736
    • Joined: 10 Oct 2011

    KinkyFuckery wrote:

    rag doll wrote:

    hmm perhaps its just that. a matter of stating rules clearly. of course its just a photo and you have to be in it to win it and there are some really amazing ones that i would have had to say something about if they DIDNT win so im not angry at anyone winning or doing well. if they worked hard they desurve it, how every many times they have won before....but i guess that there has to be a limet too otherwise people become dishartened and winning isnt nearly as fun. i actualu used to hate the teacher pointing out that i was top of the class AGAIN. but the first coupple of times it was great and no one minded too much as they had seen me working hard.

    But clearly your not happy send your complaint to LH & see what they say , if you have a suggestion to make a competetion that is quiet simple enter a photo with a chance to win in your eyes better or fairer as you seem to think its not , I am sure LH will listen .

    im not that fussed to bother them with a letter complaining. the fact that not many people enter is probably the reason why it appears to be the same people always winning and wasnt something i had thought of. thanks for pointing it out.

    1370248137
    KinkyFuckery [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3587
    • Joined: 10 Jul 2012

    Well there you go you have clearly come to the consulsion all by yourself the fact that very few people enter the competetion but the same people do most months I.e Myself Fluffbags & Tracey3x which clearly this thread is aimed at . LH probably have limited photos that can be used as they want quality pictures so it is more likely the same people , its all to do with the editing of a photo.Anyone can see the pictures who have won & use it for inspiration for there own photos to get an idea of what LH look for when picking a picture. So really there is no issue as you have resolved it all by yourself you had your rant you said you peace . At the end of the day all that anyone who has won the comps has simple enter a photo to a photo competetion that's it simple as that & if you look at the photos that have won you can see why . No one entering expects to win but it is nice when they do & it should be supported not slated because they have won for a few months on the row as it can come across as being bitchy or even jeasouls I know you not.Like I have said you have come to the consulsion all by yourself so no real issue really is there ?

    Looking forward to seeing who wins this month. Good luck to everyone who has entered .

    1370249153
    Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1549
    • Joined: 19 Jul 2010

    Hi all,

    When it comes to the model of the month competition we are very aware of repetition: repetition of photographic style, repetition of focal body part, repetition of body shape, repetition of the model's sex and, indeed, repetition of the entrants to the competition.

    We aim to choose a wide spread of winners and runners up across the full range of considerations - but the pool of eligible entrants is often small and sometimes we struggle.

    We're so aware of repetition and how it may appear, however, that I actually made a comment about this fact in the latest month's competition in the annoucement blog post:

    "We see some familiar faces in the runners up again this month, with a few of our community members continuing to dominate our runners up nominations thanks to the quality and quantity of photos uploaded."

    There is a group of community members who regularly upload photos of a high standard. We don't discount competition entrants for persistence and quality. I actually think it's very shrewd to space out uploads to ensure you have an entry every single month!

    Because we're so aware of fairness, I don't recall there ever being an overall winner repeated in either model of the month or review of the month competitions (though I can't go back and check every month, it would be a big exception if this was the case).

    There never used to be runners up for either the review of the month or model of the month. I personally introduced runners up as a way to recognise that sometimes the decision was tough and that some people who show dedication to the competition by regularly submitting great entries should be rewarded, even if they always get pipped to the post as overall winner.

    The introduction of runners up was intended to make more people feel good about themselves (indeed, we can have 2 runners up, or 6, or however many we feel should be honoured), but if it is failing in that respect then runners up can be discontinued and we can go back to only having one winner only. I think this would be a shame though.

    Alice :-)

    1370249698
    Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2314
    • Joined: 16 May 2010

    Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

    Hi all,

    When it comes to the model of the month competition we are very aware of repetition: repetition of photographic style, repetition of focal body part, repetition of body shape, repetition of the model's sex and, indeed, repetition of the entrants to the competition.

    We aim to choose a wide spread of winners and runners up across the full range of considerations - but the pool of eligible entrants is often small and sometimes we struggle.

    We're so aware of repetition and how it may appear, however, that I actually made a comment about this fact in the latest month's competition in http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2013/05/01/lovehoney-sexy-model-of-the-month/:

    "We see some familiar faces in the runners up again this month, with a few of our community members continuing to dominate our runners up nominations thanks to the quality and quantity of photos uploaded."

    There is a group of community members who regularly upload photos of a high standard. We don't discount competition entrants for persistence and quality. I actually think it's very shrewd to space out uploads to ensure you have an entry every single month!

    Because we're so aware of fairness, I don't recall there ever being an overall winner repeated in either model of the month or review of the month competitions (though I can't go back and check every month, it would be a big exception if this was the case).

    There never used to be runners up for either the review of the month or model of the month. I personally introduced runners up as a way to recognise that sometimes the decision was tough and that some people who show dedication to the competition by regularly submitting great entries should be rewarded, even if they always get pipped to the post as overall winner.

    The introduction of runners up was intended to make more people feel good about themselves (indeed, we can have 2 runners up, or 6, or however many we feel should be honoured), but if it is failing in that respect then runners up can be discontinued and we can go back to only having one winner only. I think this would be a shame though.

    Alice :-)

    I haven't noticed any repeat winners since I joined, and I watch out for the comp winner blog posts every month =). Ok I once won reviewer of the month, and then last year won model of the Month, but they're both different comps. But I think the comp has always been done fairly, even though it has slightly changed over the years, and I think for the better =)

    1370250893
    Holly Love [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 235
    • Joined: 18 Sep 2012

    We both like the comp and like to see the very good photography and modeling skills forum members have. With B being an amateur photographer and L liking posing we take quite a few photos in our bedroom studio. One day we hope to reach the standard of the winners of the comp and maybe win or be a runner up. For now we like to get inspired by others photos. We think the comp is fair and if the runners up are repeated it shows they are the ones with the better photos. If more people posted more photos then the team at lh would have more to choose from we check the members photos quite often and there are only a few names repeated so its not surprising those members will be mentioned in the comp if they weren't then there would be no runners up.

    1370271180
    WeeSteve [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1217
    • Joined: 22 Feb 2011

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    I mean, I'm plus size with stretch marks. I could parade around in undies for the comp, but my fat ass would probably blind you and anyone else who sees it! Lol!

    Oh shut up! you know the majorty of us are super nice and lovly! Nobody would give you anything other than compliments on your photos

    1370271525
    Fluffbags [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2236
    • Joined: 18 Oct 2011

    Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

    Hi all,

    When it comes to the model of the month competition we are very aware of repetition: repetition of photographic style, repetition of focal body part, repetition of body shape, repetition of the model's sex and, indeed, repetition of the entrants to the competition.

    We aim to choose a wide spread of winners and runners up across the full range of considerations - but the pool of eligible entrants is often small and sometimes we struggle.

    We're so aware of repetition and how it may appear, however, that I actually made a comment about this fact in the latest month's competition in http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/blog/2013/05/01/lovehoney-sexy-model-of-the-month/:

    "We see some familiar faces in the runners up again this month, with a few of our community members continuing to dominate our runners up nominations thanks to the quality and quantity of photos uploaded."

    There is a group of community members who regularly upload photos of a high standard. We don't discount competition entrants for persistence and quality. I actually think it's very shrewd to space out uploads to ensure you have an entry every single month!

    Because we're so aware of fairness, I don't recall there ever being an overall winner repeated in either model of the month or review of the month competitions (though I can't go back and check every month, it would be a big exception if this was the case).

    There never used to be runners up for either the review of the month or model of the month. I personally introduced runners up as a way to recognise that sometimes the decision was tough and that some people who show dedication to the competition by regularly submitting great entries should be rewarded, even if they always get pipped to the post as overall winner.

    The introduction of runners up was intended to make more people feel good about themselves (indeed, we can have 2 runners up, or 6, or however many we feel should be honoured), but if it is failing in that respect then runners up can be discontinued and we can go back to only having one winner only. I think this would be a shame though.

    Alice :-)

    It would be a shame. Hopefully runners up will always stay. It certainly made me feel good about myself when I won runner up. I almost fell off my chair in shock but got proper excited about it and it encouraged me to take part every month that I could (In other words, when I had something to model lol) So runners up not only cheered me up but it also encouraged me to keep taking part. My vote is to keep runners up.

    1370300190
    KinkyFuckery [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3587
    • Joined: 10 Jul 2012

    I say keep runners up too !

    1370300257
    WeeSteve [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1217
    • Joined: 22 Feb 2011

    i came runner up once!! :D totally made my week, defo keep them!!

    1370300628
    KinkyFuckery [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3587
    • Joined: 10 Jul 2012

    WeeSteve wrote:

    i came runner up once!! :D totally made my week, defo keep them!!

    Defo giives you that nice added boost

    1370311590
    rag doll [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 736
    • Joined: 10 Oct 2011

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

    Hi all,

    When it comes to the model of the month competition we are very aware of repetition: repetition of photographic style, repetition of focal body part, repetition of body shape, repetition of the model's sex and, indeed, repetition of the entrants to the competition.

    I'm guessing not many larger people or people who are self-concious of their body shape or type would be 100% willing to upload their photos to the competition. Not so much because they think they will not win when compared next to slimmer or more attractive models, but for many other reasons, like their personal feelings about their body, not feeling attractive when taking photos, camera shy, fear of being recognised, and so on.

    I mean, I'm plus size with stretch marks. I could parade around in undies for the comp, but my fat ass would probably blind you and anyone else who sees it! Lol!

    i do remember one georgous BBW winning one month. she looked great in fishnets and oozed confidence. 100% desurved to win!

    you should totaly enter if you want A_A who is to say we wouldnt like your booty. i would love to have a bigger ass personaly.

    1370355327
    WeeSteve [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1217
    • Joined: 22 Feb 2011

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    Amazing they got me to do it! Lol!

    It's because deep down you are comfortable with how you look. The only person that needs to be happy with your body is you :). If you present yourself confidently then people will also notice how nice you look :)

    1370356862
    Tracey3x [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 299
    • Joined: 27 Nov 2012

    Seen as i am a part of this dicussion along with KFC and FB i feel i should add my view:

    I agree the fact that we have all been 'regulars' would look a bit 'fixed' to some, but as others have said it is down to LH's choice of theme and what they deem to be a 'good photo'

    I also would like to highlight (like others) it is just a bit of fun!! If it was a big competition then obviously the photos would need to be of a very high standard - but its just people buying goods and uploading photos for others to view which a) helps people see what the product really looks like when on in 'normal' and b) lets them all be in with a chance to get noticed in their goods and get that confidence boost that occurs when being complimented for the way you look, what your wearing, the quality of the photo etc etc

    As for getting rid of runners up, i think it would be a shame - as pointed out earlier the LH team have to go through everyones photos and i'm sure they have to make some hard choices from all the great submissions and narrow it down to just a select few - let alone choosing just one to talk about!

    I think its great LH do this competition and that they actually REWARD you for doing it. Again, it is purely fun - no job contracts, no legal rights to them, no pressure to even enter - if you want to take part and have fun then by all means get involved, but if anyone takes it too seriously then i suggest not getting involved!!

    Alice and the team have gone out their way to set this up for us all and i would hate to see any part of it having to be changed because of people not liking what they decide to do/go with when doing this

    I don't enter to win constantly - i was more than surprised when i won in Febuary!! - nor to be a runner up each month, its just something i do as fun with someone and i like to upload them here whether its because of an actual product i got from here for others to see 'normally' or if i just really like that certain picture!

    Everyone who uploads a picture of a product is in with a chance, the LH team decide what they like and deem a good picture and if they like yours then well done, if not - maybe next month!

    I would personally like to thank them for making the effort each month and doing this for us, and i hope they feel happy in continuing to hold it

    Good luck to anyone that does enter and well done for having the balls to upload pictures of yourselves in lingerie etc online for anyone to see!! Its great to see people making an effort and getting creative in their pictures

    X

    1370357215

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3043
    • Joined: 16 Feb 2012

    its just a bit of fun isnt it. The award is for the picture and taking pictures is a skill.

    1370357547
    Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2192
    • Joined: 30 Nov 2012

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    QUESTION(S)

    Does model of the month have to be pics of you wearing 'actual' lingerie from Lh? Or are things like gloves and stockings accepted too?

    Also, can you model bondage stuff? Like cuffs, collars, bondage kits? I remember seeing a pic attatched to the Spartacus clit and nipple clamps with chains on the site (dunno if it's still there). A woman was 'wearing' them with a rather interesting camera angle, with the chain for the clit clamp hidden between her legs and the nipples pixled out.

    Could you even model some sex toys? (non sexual, of course.)

    Hey A_A

    We love to receive photos of you and any of the products we sell. So whether that's a full lingerie set, some stockings, a mask or as you say, a toy, we'd love to see them!

    Bondage stuff is always a great choice. If you get a chance, you should browse through the Member Photos online to see some of the other photos which get uploaded. Lots of our members include bondage gear in their shots and they tend to work really well.

    As long as you make sure to follow our Guidelines, you can model any products you like :)

    Looking forward to your submission!

    1370358848
    Fluffbags [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2236
    • Joined: 18 Oct 2011

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    QUESTION(S)

    Does model of the month have to be pics of you wearing 'actual' lingerie from Lh? Or are things like gloves and stockings accepted too?

    Also, can you model bondage stuff? Like cuffs, collars, bondage kits? I remember seeing a pic attatched to the Spartacus clit and nipple clamps with chains on the site (dunno if it's still there). A woman was 'wearing' them with a rather interesting camera angle, with the chain for the clit clamp hidden between her legs and the nipples pixled out.

    Could you even model some sex toys? (non sexual, of course.)

    Hey Avrielle. I included bondage shots this month. I even managed to rope my guy into it and it took some balls from him lol. I know a few months ago a bondage shot won it so I don't see how they will be dismissed seeing as they chose one as a winner. I say go for it. PS: All the gloves and stockings shots are very sexy too. xx

    1370361127
    WeeSteve [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1217
    • Joined: 22 Feb 2011

    Fluffbags wrote:

    Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

    QUESTION(S)

    Does model of the month have to be pics of you wearing 'actual' lingerie from Lh? Or are things like gloves and stockings accepted too?

    Also, can you model bondage stuff? Like cuffs, collars, bondage kits? I remember seeing a pic attatched to the Spartacus clit and nipple clamps with chains on the site (dunno if it's still there). A woman was 'wearing' them with a rather interesting camera angle, with the chain for the clit clamp hidden between her legs and the nipples pixled out.

    Could you even model some sex toys? (non sexual, of course.)

    Hey Avrielle. I included bondage shots this month. I even managed to rope my guy into it

    Dear god i hope you ment to say that cause epic pun moment :D

    1370363399
    Lovehoney - Nicole [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 482
    • Joined: 30 May 2012

    WeeSteve wrote:

    Dear god i hope you ment to say that cause epic pun moment :D

    yes

    1370368532
    Fluffbags [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2236
    • Joined: 18 Oct 2011

    hehe I beat him down, whipped his ass into shape.

    1370420194
    KinkyFuckery [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3587
    • Joined: 10 Jul 2012

    A_A get your sexy ass in a picture & shake what god gave you sexy is any size shape, rock it out girl let's see x


    FB you never cease to crack me up


    Tracey3x nice to see you back girl

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.