• Gender neutral ratings categories?

Lillybeth [sign in to see picture]

Hello,

Having just written a review for a balm I had to fill in a mandatory section to say how it was for him. As a queer woman I find this 1) irritating that even here we're subject to hetronormativity and 2) very unhelpful to others. Having to fill in a box I can't comment on surely doesn’t help other buyers.

Therefore I’d like to know if any thought has gone into gender neutral ratings categories or making more of them non applicable.

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

Hi Lillybeth,

Funnily enough, this is something I raised just last week - it's daft to expect someone to be compelled to fill in a rating for both sexes! It's currently in the tech request system to be fixed, so that a n/a can be selected.

rose hip [sign in to see picture]

Isn't the for her/ for him more about the experience for the main user and for the partner? That's how I've interpreted it, at least in the ones I've come across.

rose hip wrote:

Isn't the for her/ for him more about the experience for the main user and for the partner? That's how I've interpreted it, at least in the ones I've come across.

That's the other issue with it - it presupposes a heterosexual couple, which it shouldn't.

mrs average [sign in to see picture]

I do think it is useful to know in a review how the product is rated by both sexes though. If it's a couples product or product that can be used by anyone its good to know how affective women found it and how affective men found it.

mrs average wrote:

I do think it is useful to know in a review how the product is rated by both sexes though. If it's a couples product or product that can be used by anyone its good to know how affective women found it and how affective men found it.

Yep, it won't be being removed - just an N/A option being added if it's not applicable. For example the product in the main post (a female orgasm booster) currently requires you give a rating against "How was it for him?".

Lillybeth [sign in to see picture]

Hi,

Sorry, been moving house and unable to follow the discussion.

Alice that is good to know it's under review.

Mrs average, an N/A option and a general option to how it was for the partner with a check box for gender if desired would solve the issue of wondering how it was for male/female partners. I know it would be a little more coding for the tech guys but it would help a lot. I'm all for people having as much info as possible so they and their partner(s) of any gender can get the best out of their products and sex life. It just seems that at the moment it isn't done in the best way possible.

In the case of the product I reviewed I was using it for solo play so there was no need or point in me filling in the box. Unfortunately I had to in order to post the review. Perhaps this is why no one else had filled one in for the product. I did leave a disclaimer at the end of the review to explain this so people don't actually consider that part of it.

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

I was wondering about the relationship status options. For a long time, I have felt I don't really fit into any of the options listed within the members profile. I was wondering if an open relationship category or similar could be added?

KebertXela [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney Small Satin Drawstring Toy Bag&reviewid=55623#customer_reviews

If LH make you write stupid things, write stupid things :P

Zaquiel [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Hi Alice, while we are on the subject of coding and tick boxes would it be possible at somepoint in the future to have a tick box for Gender: Other on the profiles for those of us that don't fit the 'normal' gender descriptions.

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.