• member profiles and gender

[suspended user]

suspended user

Some members don't specify in their profile whether they are male or female. It is helpful to know this, as it puts a different slant on what is written. If you haven't identified your gender, it would be great if you went to your profile and modified it.

Cat Lady [sign in to see picture]

A lot of people removed their gender and personal details due to issues with unwanted messaging when the chat function was still active,

Hampshire Hogg [sign in to see picture]

Hi Cat Lady how are you? Nice to see you posting!

While I agree that it is useful to have some background information when responding to a post, I also agree with Cat Lady.

I know chat is not running but I seem to have been swamped by friend requests from people that I have never seen post and when I look on their profiles I think why to you want to be friends with me?

It just makes me feel suspicious! Why would a girl the same age as my son's girlfriend what to be my friend unless they are after something?

I would add though I have made some really good friends on here who I enjoy a laugh with and have had some great conversations with while chat was working and via email since but you do need to be careful.

HH

Badger73 [sign in to see picture]

Some of us are also couples. The wife and myself share the same profile.
    Mr and Mrs Badger.

Cat Lady [sign in to see picture]

Hampshire Hogg wrote:

Hi. Yeah, I haven't really had much to say recently, though I still read threads that I think will be interesting. Things change, I suppose.

I'm not too bad, been spending too much time over easter messing about with computer games, watching tv and procrastinating on uni work! The coming week is going t obe spent trying to get full first drafts of 2 essays! That's about 6000 words I need to write - fortunately I already have approx 2000 words already for the 5000 word one!

Hope all is well with you too.

Hampshire Hogg [sign in to see picture]

Cat Lady wrote:

Hampshire Hogg wrote:

Hi. Yeah, I haven't really had much to say recently, though I still read threads that I think will be interesting. Things change, I suppose.

I'm not too bad, been spending too much time over easter messing about with computer games, watching tv and procrastinating on uni work! The coming week is going t obe spent trying to get full first drafts of 2 essays! That's about 6000 words I need to write - fortunately I already have approx 2000 words already for the 5000 word one!

Hope all is well with you too.

Things are not too bad although I had a horrible cold over Easter which knocked me out for four days and I am still recovering.

Sounds like you have a busy week ahead though! I hope all goes well.

HH

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.