• The worst customer service I have ever received...

Plain Jane [sign in to see picture]

That doesn't read right

Customer service marked the parcels beautifully.
    Just the positive who can't read what's written

Plain Jane [sign in to see picture]

Postman. Pre emptive iPad. Uuurrgh

Lovehoney - Rachel [sign in to see picture]

Worst ever by a long shot for me was in Sports Direct in Bristol, The shop wasn't busy but the staff refused to help. One guy I asked twice, both times he said he was busy and walked away and then stood by the wall not doing anything. I asked a few other members of staff and then just stood aroun for ten minutes waiting for help. In the end I threw the trainers I had back on the shelf and stormed out and have never bothered going back since. I buy my trainers online now. I hope Sports Direct go bust, they don't deserve to be a successful business.

On the opposite side of things I think the best customer service I have ever had (apart from Lovehoney wink wink) was from Scottish Widows, they answered the phone imediately and were lovely to talk to. I was almost sad to hang up the phone.

MissPeaches [sign in to see picture]

God there are some scray examples of cutomer service out there!

DNhoneyrider [sign in to see picture]

Most of the time I find more established companies tend to deal with complaints better than smaller places, especially online where store location and convenience don't come into it, if someone's using your service then they are CHOOSING to do so. So they try hard to keep customers happy.

Once I was waiting in on a saturday morning because I had a delivery coming, I heard them knock and looked out of my 2nd floor window to see 2 men peering into the ground floor flat. Then when I got to the door I found that my downstairs neighbour had already opened the door and the delivery man was inside my house.. inappropriate yeah? Then he wouldn't hand me the little signing thing so i could take my parcel, and he kept edging towards me mumbling about how beautiful i was and how he wanted my number. I had to walk towards him and practically push him out of the front door to get my stuff. TBH as a postie you're put into a position of responsibility whether you like it or not, i'm a 20 year old girl.. but they didn't know that, I could have been 15, i could have been home alone.. and the guy that opened the door could have been my boyfriend, in what universe is it okay to do any of that? He shouldn't have looked into the window or stepped inside my flat, and he definitely shouldn't have aggressively hit on a girl in her dressing gown and slippers answering the door on a saturday morning!

this was an ASOS parcel from Hermes, I looked on the Hermes website to complain because it's not exactly ASOS' fault.. but they didn't HAVE a customer complaints email/number/anything except for people using Hermes to SEND their stuff. So i facebooked ASOS about it and they were really great. I didn't expect to get a refund for the whole order.. and I know they passed it onto Hermes because I got an apologetic voicemail from the Hermes line manager. There are so many jobless people and they're paying creepy men to hit on girls!

So a mixed bag, shocking customer service from Hermes and great from ASOS. I've found Yodel to be pretty useless too, smaller courier firms who leave you a mobile number to re-arrange with the driver himself are muuuuch better. Oh, and the Royal Mail rock!

Pixie_Murree [sign in to see picture]

Thats awful DNHoneyrider!

I find the most annoying thing for me is when I email a company to ask a question or complain about something and a few days later get a response that tbh looks like the person didn't even read my initail email!

For example: I emailed Superdry to ask what the difference was between two of their men's Gilets was as the products looked the same and had them same discription but had different names (polar camping vest and camping vest). The responce I got was the vest was a new product and the gilet was last seasons product but they were the same. Since they are both called vests it didn't really help!

I have known it to take well over a week to sort out a simple question going back and forth!

-Chelsea [sign in to see picture]

Oh dear Avrielle, that does not sound good!

Were these girls teenagers? Would explain a lot if they were.

Of course, one should never generalise but I find many companies hire much younger staff because training and paying them is cheaper. Ultimately, young people do need to work to learn how the world works and become more mature and independent but I find for some, the process is harder to learn or it is just not a skill that they can acquire; resulting in an even poorer experience for the customer.

That, along with inadequate training and inconsistent disciplinary procedures is why, as I said previously, we live in a society where a rude tone and bluntness is mistaken for freedom of speech.

The motto 'A time and a place' is also very apt in these situations and again is something I believe many of those who work in customer service roles easily forget...

fistinglover69 [sign in to see picture]

i was at my regular, o'neills in liverpool, last month. im in there aaaaall the time and so im really friendly with the bouncers and the bar staff. on this sunday i went there, id been drunk earlier in the day and sobered up and decided not to start drinking again. kept popping in and out for some air and there was this bouncer id never seen before. tried being friendly with him and he was having none of it. but so what, not a big deal. i was meant to be going home early but decided to stay out late instead and so missed the last train. i was outside with friends and went to go back into the pub and the bouncer went to me "youre not coming back in" and i was like what :S and he just kept on saying im not coming back in and i was like tell me why im not coming back in!! and he was like i dont have to, i was absolutely fuming at this point! i was like no, you explain to me why i am not coming back into this pub and he was like "youre acting erratically, youre on drugs" oh my god!! i wanted to punch him!! i explained to him that i wasnt even drunk, never mind on drugs and that i was drinking pints of water and coke. plus the fact that im on antidepressants and so could be dangerous for me. and he still kept shaking his head saying i wasnt going in! so i was like can i at least finish my drink! and he was like no!! he also called me a "pest" which confused me even more!! the bouncers are friendly with me cause i go there all the time, and the people that go to the pub are as its an irish pub and theyre all lovely! i am in no way a pest!!

i was seriously thinking about making a formal complaint about him. i had done absolutely nothing wrong. never going back there ever again! he made me feel so embarrassed and an annoyance! and for someone who has very little confidence anyway, it really upset me! so i was left in town, upset and with no way to get home!!

BASTARDS!! :P hate it when bouncers abuse their authority.

fistinglover69 [sign in to see picture]

awwwww, poor kitty!

-Chelsea [sign in to see picture]

People can be so inconsiderate and I have to say it's so disheartening.

The bar/pub industry is another matter all together- anything with alcohol involved is never good and really heightens all the points that have already been mentioned :-(

Janny [sign in to see picture]

TALKTALK customer service I would not wish on anyone. Neither that of Boots on the Strand at Trafalguar Sq (or indeed any branch...)

[suspended user]

suspended user

On my first day of my first job in France I had to get a train ticket from Calais to Mauberge change at Lille. Franked my ticket and got on the train. Arrived at Lille, no trains till the next day, so I stayed in a hotel and next morning franked the ticket and went to Mauberge. Half way there the guard checked my ticket saw it was franked twice and removed me from the train, it is illegal to use a ticket on two seperate days. It took me three hours in the railway police office to explain that the dozy ass who sold me the ticket should have given me two tickets, surprisingly I dont know every bloody railway conmnection in France. Cost me a days pay too.

Vive La France

[suspended user]

suspended user

Got a flat in Paris, when the telephone was connected we could hear the people on the other end but they couldnt hear us. Took the faulty phone in to France telecom on the Saturday but they wouldnt exchange it, they could only exchange phones Monday to Saturday, so I cancelled the rental and bvought a phone instead.

Vive La France

[suspended user]

suspended user

Just before my flight to UK was due to board I bought a sandwich and can of beer. The guy at the kiosk told me I could take it on the plane (it was after the security check).

On the plane the hostess said "you are not allowed to bring alcohol on the plane I will have to confiscate it" but added "dont worry I will bring you another after take off". After take off she came and offered me a beer "no thanks, I said I dont like that beer's taste" , "Oh well would you like your old beer back its in the galley" she enquired. I then asked her if I was on Candid Camera...and told her I didnt want any more to drink as I would like to sleep.

Vive La Perfide Albion.

kinky str8 [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Gemma wrote:

One of my worst experiences was in Sainsbury's.

I bought some lovely strawberry and lime cider as a weekend treat, along with a whole load of food.

Despite having 2 forms of ID and my bank cards, the person behind the till refused, rather rudely, to serve me and said I looked nothing like my photos. He then loudly began accusing me of lying to him etc etc... much to my embarrassment.

Anyway, he called a manager over who quickly resolved the issue. I understand that it's policy to check, and I am happy to wait, but it's just not right to make a scene in front of everyone. I left red faced and upset. You shouldn't ever have to feel embarrassed when shopping!

My cider wasn't so nice after that. *Sigh*

I guess I'm just accustomed to lovely Lovehoney...

i had problem like this in sainsburys, i was a quarter was through loading a mass of food onto the belt when the cashier (sad looking miserable bored person that he was) who was having a good natter with the person he was serving in front of me heard beer bottles klink together as i put them down.

he immediately stopped talking and and with a raised and "looking down his nose "tone in his voice saidto me down the checkout, "i hope you've got some id for that alchohol", i gave him a very evil look and was going to growl at him lol , but ignored him till i was ACTUALLY BEING SERVED. this was the main problem for me, it was like he was trying to show off to his little friend or something.

anyway to say i went absolutely ape would be an understatement, i told him to better his customer skills and to wait until someone is actually at the till before challenging them for id, not announce it across half the shop as im not actually trying to buy it as yet, i may change my min in the next two minutes and then you have asked me for id for something im not even buying.lol also i went to his manager on the way out and made an official complaint against him, ive been served by him a few times since and he is now always, shall we say reluctantly nice, and i bet he wont make the same mistake again.

just to add im 31 and dont actually mind being id'd for alchohol, it actually cheers me up sometimes. lol.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.