• What has happend to old LH

[suspended user]

suspended user

I think you do a good job Alice et al.

Personally I think people make too much of threads being "hijacked" or drifting off topic, just make a post that is back on topic, you dont have to only reply to the last post like the last statement in a conversation.

afraidnotscared [sign in to see picture]

If there's one thing that links just about every forum on the internet, it's that somewhere there will be a thread saying that it's not as good as it used to be. By their very nature, internet communities are fluid places with members coming & going over time, which naturally results in the dynamic changing somewhat.

However that said, one of the reasons I've gone from regular poster to occasional lurker in the last month or so is that I felt things were going downhill on here.

In part that was because of a couple of pretty mean-spirited threads (did anyone actually think that the '100% honest' avatar-rating thread wasn't going to end in tears/blows?) In part I'd attribute it to a few brilliant regulars leaving (welcome back Jen!) A small part for me was what seemed to be a massive infux of people just wanting to 'talk dirty.'

My main issue - and it's one that others have already raised - is how frustratingly cliquey things have got over the last few months. It may just be me being a cantankerous old sod, but it seems as though if you've got anything useful to contribute to a thread you've got to get in there early, otherwise things will be taken massively off-topic. Don't get me wrong, I think it's brilliant that people are making some really good friends on here - I've made some amazing ones myself, but I don't feel the need to ram it down everyone's throat eight times a day.

Anyway that's my 2p's worth, I'm off to lurk again.

P.S. I'd like to add my support to the Lovehoney staff - you do an amazing job in running & moderating this forum. Keep it up!

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

gunther wrote:

I think you do a good job Alice et al.

Personally I think people make too much of threads being "hijacked" or drifting off topic, just make a post that is back on topic, you dont have to only reply to the last post like the last statement in a conversation.

well. if lot of topics get hijacked so there are sexual remarks between one or more people and are very flirtatious... it does hugely discourage those who opened the topic. This did not use to happen and the old members are I guess hugely discouraged to even try to post in this situation.

And another problem is, that it will not stop the people who are using the threat as their private conversation space. Often such posts on topic just get ignored and spammed over. again.

As this is not one person thinks this, I guess this means that there is a more wide spread problem, which is making not one person, but more and more of those regular posters just... drift away and leave. Or just lurk, to read reviews, like I do.

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Hello all,

I have been involved with the Lovehoney forum for over 2 1/2 years.

In my experience, every couple of months someone pops up and says "things ain't what they used to be" and mostly it's to do with once active users who have left and so people feeling that it's not the same faces they're used to seeing. Usually, it's just nostalgia and the tone of the forum hasn't really changed at all.

However, this time I feel that recently the forum has become a less pleasant place to be. Please note that action has been taken already, and that we will continue to take action.

The Lovehoney forum should be inclusive, positive and fun - and I do not want to lose the members who foster a great environment for those that cause tension and upset.

Alice, thank you for this post. I agree that I do miss people who left, but then I stayed, until very recently. it is not about just new people and some others leaving. That has been always the case, but me and others stayed. But lately we are starting to be forced away, by certain newcomers (note not all newcomers), who are changing the atmosphere in the forum, making it less pleasant for us. I am glad that there will be action to try to make this forum again a pleasant place to be.

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

There has been - there were a couple of bad eggs who have been removed from the forum. I am optimistic that the usual positive, supportive atompshere will resume now

TTurtle [sign in to see picture]

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Alice. I want to thank you for your help and continuing regulation of the forums. I do apologise for saying that I felt it wasn't being moderated, I know that you and a couple other staff members work hard on the forums. It's just that sometimes an offending thread or rule breaking member will seem to be left without without consequences for a long time. But I want you (and the other staff members) know that it is appreciated what you do. (espesh with all the other things you do, and the forums are just on the side of everything else in your time.)

Avril..if you have a moment and feel like doing so (entirely optional) can you pop on chat? I need to have a word with you.x

TTurtle [sign in to see picture]

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

TTurtle, I can't use chat on my phone and I have very little access to a PC. But please feel free to send me an email. It's in my profile. I know it's not as ideal as chat, but it's all I have at the moment. xx

Thank you avril, I shall do - I'll ping you a mail tomorrow xx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.