• What has happend to old LH

dotdashdot [sign in to see picture]

LauraP wrote:

Its not personal. Its the internet. No one knows you.. Quite frankly getting so angry at a bunch of strangers who have no real impact on your life unless you let them have an impact is a bit pointless.

Think everyone needs to take this advice! Very well put LauraP!!

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

OK, I admit I used to be regularly posting member, but I rarely do now. Apart from my real life going hektic, there are other reasons. I find that some people will push their opinions above anyone elses - no pointing, dont say those people posted here in this threat. Trying to make you sound stupid. Or basically trying to push their view on you - I find that annoying. Very annoying.

The other reason is that there are soooo many new threats opened, and lot of them are about the same topic. And if I see like 3 threats on the same topic in a week, I just cannot be bothered to reply again, sorry, to a topic I replied likely many times before. So yes, using search and old threats would be nice, sometimes. And asking additional questions if necessary. I dont have the time to post the same replies all over again.

And there is also the fact that some members just spam the forum with their threats. I understand there are topic, which they are interested, but again, using old threats would be nice, sometimes. Rather than starting several new topics a day.

Both points above mean that I also find it extremely difficult to actually find threats I actually replied to, unless I use my profile, because they are already somewhere deep in history before I get on in the evening, usually. Means I find lately very hard to keep track of topic and it is discouraging.

And I do agree that sometimes I reply to a threat and I just feel ignored. Or maybe acknowledge by the older members.

I dont have anythign against new people coming in. Of course there will be change of atmosphere over time and there will be new people. I do enjoy reading some of the new members contribution. But I do feel sometimes like I dont belong on this forum anymore.

Personally I think that people should start to behave towards each other better and acknowledge some other people opinion, check if there are not other threats on the same topic, especially in recent history. And use those, if possible. Makes it easier for people to navigate and more likely you get a responce.

Please noone takes this personally.

ZombieCpl [sign in to see picture]

Laveila wrote:

OK, I admit I used to be regularly posting member, but I rarely do now. Apart from my real life going hektic, there are other reasons. I find that some people will push their opinions above anyone elses - no pointing, dont say those people posted here in this threat. Trying to make you sound stupid. Or basically trying to push their view on you - I find that annoying. Very annoying.

The other reason is that there are soooo many new threats opened, and lot of them are about the same topic. And if I see like 3 threats on the same topic in a week, I just cannot be bothered to reply again, sorry, to a topic I replied likely many times before. So yes, using search and old threats would be nice, sometimes. And asking additional questions if necessary. I dont have the time to post the same replies all over again.

And there is also the fact that some members just spam the forum with their threats. I understand there are topic, which they are interested, but again, using old threats would be nice, sometimes. Rather than starting several new topics a day.

Both points above mean that I also find it extremely difficult to actually find threats I actually replied to, unless I use my profile, because they are already somewhere deep in history before I get on in the evening, usually. Means I find lately very hard to keep track of topic and it is discouraging.

And I do agree that sometimes I reply to a threat and I just feel ignored. Or maybe acknowledge by the older members.

I dont have anythign against new people coming in. Of course there will be change of atmosphere over time and there will be new people. I do enjoy reading some of the new members contribution. But I do feel sometimes like I dont belong on this forum anymore.

Personally I think that people should start to behave towards each other better and acknowledge some other people opinion, check if there are not other threats on the same topic, especially in recent history. And use those, if possible. Makes it easier for people to navigate and more likely you get a responce.

Please noone takes this personally.

I agree with all of this, it completely covers how i feel!

I am using the forums far less as there are less threads about on topic things and seems to be a thread every day with a new game or idea that i feel doesnt belong here. LH has become very cliquey and if you are not part of one group or another then you are ignored. Also there are many times when i read a thread and its just full of people making perverted comments at others about what they would like to do to each other- totally not the point of the forum. Where have all the educational posts and the interesting/ quirky/ funny posts gone? Just seems to e this forum has turned into a group of people rating photos and a group of people playing games :( More Sex Please!!!

KinkyFuckery [sign in to see picture]

TTurtle wrote:

AA I fully appreciate and take on board your comments, this is a big part of why I called a truce to the thing this morning and KF and I have discussed it in private and we shall carry on our little skirmish but in private.
    It is sometimes easy to get carried away, there is a huge difference in the amount of time people get to spend on here and when you're here for most of the waking day it is easy to be guilty of a bit of spamming and perhaps forget the core rules but at the same time it definitely wasn't KF's or my intention to annoy or upset people it was just a bit of out of hand fun and I think a quiet word in private chat to either or both could have been just as effective on that particular situation but I don't wish to create bad feeling here and however the grievances have been aired they have been taken on board, noted and action taken.

Yes I would like to apologise is anyone was affended in anyway by the 'war' thread it was harmless fun & still is but will be kept to between me & TT on chat, sorry if anyone was affended, didnt't like the post or thought I dominated any post .

kinkycop wrote:

If people stop declaring war on each other! this forum will return to normal!

No wars happening here now x

dotdashdot wrote:

LauraP wrote:

Its not personal. Its the internet. No one knows you.. Quite frankly getting so angry at a bunch of strangers who have no real impact on your life unless you let them have an impact is a bit pointless.

Think everyone needs to take this advice! Very well put LauraP!!

here here we are all adults and in life some get on and some dont you cant please everyone.

I take my tea & biscuits now xx

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

Hello all,

I have been involved with the Lovehoney forum for over 2 1/2 years.

In my experience, every couple of months someone pops up and says "things ain't what they used to be" and mostly it's to do with once active users who have left and so people feeling that it's not the same faces they're used to seeing. Usually, it's just nostalgia and the tone of the forum hasn't really changed at all.

However, this time I feel that recently the forum has become a less pleasant place to be. Please note that action has been taken already, and that we will continue to take action.

The Lovehoney forum should be inclusive, positive and fun - and I do not want to lose the members who foster a great environment for those that cause tension and upset.

jenkat [sign in to see picture]

N'Awwwww guys! I love this forum! I came back becuase I missed everyone! Hope the LH forum I know and love comes back soon or you shall all have to line up and be punished!!! xxx

goodgirl93 [sign in to see picture]

jenkat wrote:

N'Awwwww guys! I love this forum! I came back becuase I missed everyone! Hope the LH forum I know and love comes back soon or you shall all have to line up and be punished!!! xxx

YOURE BACK :D I think i speak for everyone when i say yayyy and do a little dance :D xxxx

WeeSteve [sign in to see picture]

goodgirl93 wrote:

jenkat wrote:

YOURE BACK :D I think i speak for everyone when i say yayyy and do a little dance :D xxxx

i did a little dance :)

afraidnotscared [sign in to see picture]

jenkat wrote:

Woo hoo! Great to see you back! x

TTurtle [sign in to see picture]

jenkat wrote:

This is why LH went down hill! You left!!! You don't know how much I'm happy to see you back :D friend request immediately sent! :D xx

jenkat [sign in to see picture]

Bloody love you guys!!! I had to find a new addiction as I missed chatting to you. Ive become a little twitter obsessed. :/

Some much needed catch ups are needed me thinks!!! xxxx

goodgirl93 [sign in to see picture]

TTurtle wrote:

jenkat wrote:

This is why LH went down hill! You left!!! You don't know how much I'm happy to see you back :D friend request immediately sent! :D xx

ditto-ed ^_^ x

[suspended user]

suspended user

I should pay more attention I thought TT and KF were mates having a joke lol

Mr D and Mrs D [sign in to see picture]

Used to check the forums on a pretty much daily basis. However, the last thread I started got well and truly hijacked by a couple of people having their own private flirt which had nothing to do with the original subject. Reported this to LH who did nothing even though it broke the rules. Seems like LH staff have taken their eye of things and it has degenerated to the current state which people are complaining about. Such a shame I used to enjoy the posts and friendliness. Ah well I guess nothing can (or probably should) stay the same for ever....

WeeSteve [sign in to see picture]

Well due to recent events i can tell you that LH do indeed do somthing about people on here that break the rules xx

luckylesbo [sign in to see picture]

WeeSteve wrote:

Well due to recent events i can tell you that LH do indeed do somthing about people on here that break the rules xx

It has given me alot of confidence in lovehoney.

Cat Lady [sign in to see picture]

luckylesbo wrote:

WeeSteve wrote:

Agreed. The atmosphere here feels better already.

PinkPolkaDot [sign in to see picture]

Cat Lady wrote:

luckylesbo wrote:

WeeSteve wrote:

Agreed. The atmosphere here feels better already.

I definitely agree! x

HappilyExperimenting [sign in to see picture]

WeeSteve wrote:

What recent events? I always miss everything lol!

JENKAT! Great to see you've found your keyboard again girl :D Will you be sticking around for a while? HE needs help finalising her Halloween cossie :P

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

WeeSteve wrote:

Thank you

A lot of the moderation we do does go unnoticed as we don't shout about it or shame people who break the rules. It's always upsetting to be told we're not doing enough when we're trying to find the right balance between being too controlling and being too-hands off. Oh, and juggling our day-to-day jobs alongside moderating as well of course!

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.