• What has happend to old LH

LittleMissCum [sign in to see picture]

WOW i thought id come on for a bit of a chat this afternoon but its literally turned into a slanging match!

Maybe this thread will do one good thing > get everything out in the open so we can move on.

Nymeria [sign in to see picture]

Hm, just thought I'd add my 2 cents... The same dilemma/comments about the forum changing was happening when I initially joined the Lovehoney community and that was over 2 years ago! To be honest there's always going to be a change in atmosphere.. and there will always be new threads, some of which will no doubt be replicates or similar to older threads. I've given a lot of the same advice again and again- It can get repetitive but at the end of the day, these are new members who are seeking advice. If I was to get somewhat annoyed- I'd simply just not reply.

As for some people "dominating" the forums, I do see some circle of friendships on here but I don't find them all that exclusive where they'd ignore others intentionally. I think perhaps reading something like this may help in reminding those to come across more open BUT I don't think there was any ill intention in the first place.

As for new male members being ignored- I don't personally see this happening as much but there will always be those members on here that purely are looking for more "adult" encounters which I find annoying as it can scare off some new members as well as give the wrong impressions of the forum. I'd love to see more clear rules on this- I know Lovehoney is NOT a pick up site. It's fine to be friendly and even harmlessly flirt but I really don't like things that overstep this- there's chat if you really must.

I remember coming across a thread that was specific to another member. It came across somewhat seedy and myself and a few more members did question the intention of the thread... To have this concern thrown back at our faces by the specified members was really disappointing. Things like that is what makes me think that this place is really changing for the worse. It's supposed to be an open and friendly community. I, for one, would like to continue helping people. I love giving advice, or try to.

Ps, There's really no need to get so personal! I find no issues with some general constructive criticism...

Hampshire Hogg [sign in to see picture]

LittleMissCum wrote:

WOW i thought id come on for a bit of a chat this afternoon but its literally turned into a slanging match!

Maybe this thread will do one good thing > get everything out in the open so we can move on.

That is my feeling! I think it is time to move on.

Cat Lady [sign in to see picture]

It's times like this when all the bad feelings come out that make me want to give up on LH, and that would be a shame because I like having a place I can come to independently of my usual online gang and the history we have.

Maybe now would be a good time to draw a line under this and move on? Hopefully others will agree with me so here's a line:

_______________________________________________________________________________________

WeeSteve [sign in to see picture]

LittleMissCum wrote:

but its literally turned into a slanging match!

My thoughts exactly. i never ment any offence by my comments and tbh looking at all these very large blocked posts is putting me off reading through them all :|.

WeeSteve [sign in to see picture]

Cat Lady wrote:

It's times like this when all the bad feelings come out that make me want to give up on LH, and that would be a shame because I like having a place I can come to independently of my normal online gang and the history we have.

Maybe now would be a good time to draw a line under this and move on? Hopefully others will agree with me so here's a line:

_______________________________________________________________________________________

agreed

____________________________________________________________________________________

goodgirl93 [sign in to see picture]

At the risk of sounding all peace and love... hugs anyone? :D x

TTurtle [sign in to see picture]

goodgirl93 wrote:

I'll always take a hug from you :) and a tea please :) xx

PinkPolkaDot [sign in to see picture]

I think hugs, tea and cake would be best at this point x

goodgirl93 [sign in to see picture]

TTurtle wrote:

goodgirl93 wrote:

I'll always take a hug from you :) and a tea please :) xx

coming rrriiiiiigghhhtt up :D

MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]

I posted on this thread way back when it was just a general question type thing and I'm sad to see it has descended in to personal attacks and defensive positions and because of this I suspect that several valid points have been lost.

It is because this is an open and honest forum that members feel able to air their views and concerns and yet there have been members who have seemed to take this in a defensive manner probably unnecessarily, but this is always a risk with the written word as no-one is able to gain any context to what has been said unfortunately.

From my point of view, I do rarely post in response to questions which seem to be asked every 5 minutes without the poster even seeming to look back just one or two pages to see if a thread exists, it really isn't necessary to have a zillion threads on anal, squirting etc, (no offence to anyone who has started threads on those topics, they're just two that crop up a lot) as there are several really useful informative threads on here, with tons of valuable advice in which any new poster can then add their own spin too and get responses, the fact that some of these threads are 40 odd pages long shows this method works, plus everyone gains from all the knowledge contained in there.

I have always accepted and known that forums change, and people move with that or move on, I have used several forums over many years and am perfectly able to adapt, but I do agree that that has become more and more difficult lately, with the very obvious cliques, cyber-hunters etc, which saddens me, but this is only a forum after all, it's just a shame when I personally used to have a real good laugh here.

There are many other points I could make about this, but I have no wish to become involved with "he said, she said" or this member is really bad at this and that, whereas this one is great etc etc, no purpose will be served by that I don't think, unless it is done in a constructive manner, which is immensely difficult to do and the person not take it to heart.

It'd just be nice for it to be the nice, relaxed, informative place it has been previously, but remember this is just my opinion, and therefore it is one to which I am entitled, I am not suggesting that mine is the right and correct opinion, it's just my own...

Wild172 [sign in to see picture]

Agree slightly with the original post. Things are cliquey with some of my posts in other threads going completely unregistered/unacknowledged and the original conversation going on around me. HOWEVER I merely thought that was my problem not anyone elses: I haven't been on here long and I don't use chat so can't expect to have any friends, also tbh my posts may not be very exciting or noteworthy anyway. Shame but life goes on. The only thing that really puts me off posting is when things become too seedy...

Ork wrote:

I think it's easy too say draw a line under it etc but it's not really solving the issue's raised, nor will it do anything too stop people being upset or whatever by what has already been said some of it clearly casuing upset offence or whatever. Kind of like asking someone not too feed a troll, why should they sit and "be the bigger person" etc etc when such things happen and nothing is done about it? Too me it only makes sense that when such things are said so publicly and with so little care taken in the wording people are going too respond, asking them not too is a bit like asking them too just accept it and stay quiet.

One of the great things about this forum is the fantasic variety in membership and views. I feel that what this thread has done is bring out a lot of frustrations and diffrent viewpoints.

I also think it was the right thing to do, Now that views are out in the open, I feel we must move on with a better understanding of the membership as a whole. One this I have learnt since joining the forum, is how different we all are, I would hope that I am more open to others lifestyle choices and views.

Everyone has a right to free speach but please let us all act like adults act responsibily with respect to the membership as a whole.

I will got off my soap box now!

Apologies Ork, I picked up on your point about it not solving issues raised. What I was trying to say is that we all have a responsibility to solve them!

Hope that clears thing up?

Fluffbags [sign in to see picture]

Ork wrote:

Hampshire Hogg wrote:

Ork wrote:

I think it's easy too say draw a line under it etc but it's not really solving the issue's raised, nor will it do anything too stop people being upset or whatever by what has already been said some of it clearly casuing upset offence or whatever. Kind of like asking someone not too feed a troll, why should they sit and "be the bigger person" etc etc when such things happen and nothing is done about it? Too me it only makes sense that when such things are said so publicly and with so little care taken in the wording people are going too respond, asking them not too is a bit like asking them too just accept it and stay quiet.

One of the great things about this forum is the fantasic variety in membership and views. I feel that what this thread has done is bring out a lot of frustrations and diffrent viewpoints.

I also think it was the right thing to do, Now that views are out in the open, I feel we must move on with a better understanding of the membership as a whole. One this I have learnt since joining the forum, is how different we all are, I would hope that I am more open to others lifestyle choices and views.

Everyone has a right to free speach but please let us all act like adults act responsibily with respect to the membership as a whole.

I will got off my soap box now!

I'm in agreement with what your saying, not sure what my post had too do with it lol but definetely agree with you.

I think maybe where you said why should people sit back and not say anything when they are being attacked, his reply being everyone has the right to free speech but do it in a respectful way? I dunno lol

But Like you have all said on this last page some good things have come from this, like now we have all figured out that wether new or old members we can and do feel excluded at times. That everyone is different and that wether you are loud and excitable or quite and serious, we are on an open forum where all personality types are welcome and if someone grates you up the wrong way you should probably just skip past their posts and find something that inspires you more.

Ive learnt that Orks sick of anal and nothing solves a problem like a cuppa tea :D

luckylesbo [sign in to see picture]

Fluffbags wrote:

nothing solves a problem like a cuppa tea :D

This is the most important point ever!!!! Everyone should know this. Tea is the answer!!!!!!!!

I am not addicted

ghostgirl [sign in to see picture]

luckylesbo wrote:

Fluffbags wrote:

nothing solves a problem like a cuppa tea :D

This is the most important point ever!!!! Everyone should know this. Tea is the answer!!!!!!!!

I am not addicted

As a coffee drinker I disagree :)

Not read the whole thread but forums evolve as people leave and new people join. I don't post as much as I did but that is mainly because of my personal circumstances. I just hope that newbies are not put off posting especially if they are asking for advice or information.

xGGx

fizzy [sign in to see picture]

i don't come on the forum as much as i used to i do feel there has been a change in the forum and the older members of the forum have driffted off. I do think a lot of the threads are getting repeated alot and i dont feel like i can contribute that said i still enjoy popping back about once a week usually on a weekend.

LauraP [sign in to see picture]

Is everyone finished? I'm opening the pub.

LauraP [sign in to see picture]

Jayne, stop. Honestly.

You're just coming off as a troll. Normally I don't feed trolls but sod it.

Its not personal. Its the internet. No one knows you. I sure you're a lovely girl but honestly your anger and confrontational nature is not working in your favour. Please ask yourself what you aim to achieve. Quite frankly getting so angry at a bunch of strangers who have no real impact on your life unless you let them have an impact is a bit pointless. Anyway enjoy your evening and if you can play nicely I'll happily make you an imaginary cocktail in the imaginary pub.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.