• IDEA: Glamour/Boudoir Photography

Cuddly Hubby [sign in to see picture]

I've had an idea for a new LH service. Apologies if this has been suggested before and discounted.

I reckon that there are quite a few regular LH customers who are interested in the concept of a reasonably-priced professional photo shoot (glamour/boudoir etc) but who don't pursue this for a variety of reasons -- for example:

• It's not straightforward to find a trusted photographer
    • Perceptions that this type of photography is a seedy business
    • They lack confidence and would like advice and support before committing

I believe that LH (or BlueBella?) has something to offer here -- and plenty to gain as well. LH has many long-term customers who see it as a trusted brand. If LH were to take a role in promoting or offering this sort of service, then I imagine that this might overcome the above barriers. I see an analogy with the way that some UK supermarkets offer gift packages for pampering sessions, activity days and hotel breaks, which customers are happy to pick up off the shelves but wouldn't otherwise consider.

I appreciate that photography doesn't fit into LH's core retail business, and that there would be commercial issues to work through. I can imagine a spectrum of opportunities which offer different balances of opportunity and risk -- for example:

• LH incorporates a professional photography service into its business -- for example, in a bricks-and-mortar studio at some location.
    • LH runs a franchise with selected professional photographers who operate to agreed standards. From the customer's point of view, they purchase a LH service
    • LH offers gift vouchers accepted by a pool of photographers with LH -- the customer selects one from a list and makes their own booking. The gift vouchers could also offer discounts on LH lingerie/costume products bought up to the time of the booking,
    • LH invites professional photographers to add a website link to a list on the LH site (which also includes warnings about LH not endorsing each provider). LH also adds some blog entries to encourage people to take up the option.

I can see knock-on benefits as well. For LH, there are likely to be:

• Extra sales of outfits and lingerie
    • New referrals from satisfied customers
    • Interest from others who are shown the photos and hear about the LH connection
    • Professional-standard photos of customers wearing LH products which they proudly wish to add to their profiles and the product pages

Many of these knock-on benefits also apply to the photographers who, as I see it, have very little to lose and plenty to gain from a suitable arrangement.

I ought to add that I have no connection with the photography trade, apart from being a very satisfied customer from a professional photo-shoot that I arranged for my wife a couple of years ago. The chap who ran that shot was extremely friendly and down-to-earth, quickly putting us both at ease, and his results were great. If it weren't for a recommendation that we received for him, though, then we would never have found him, and I suspect that we wouldn't have bothered to go looking for anyone else.

If anyone reads this and agrees that they'd be interested in this type of service offered through LH, then I'd invite them to post their support here. [Cue: empty breeze and tumbleweeds!]

(Oh... one final thing. My wife and I would be happy to be test customers if the idea does get trialled!)

xrd_man [sign in to see picture]

If anyone reads this and agrees that they'd be interested in this type of service offered through LH, then I'd invite them to post their support here. [Cue: empty breeze and tumbleweeds!]

I'll stop the silence from being an issue and agree that this would be a good idea. For the reasons above, think it would be good as most customers would trust LH to do this well.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Think it's a great idea! It side steps another problem too - forum users can recommend photographers to Lh (privately) who can then vet and promote. I know a few forum members who have used such a service and had good things to say aout their photographer but wouldn't want to share on the forum as it would give a clue as to where they live.

Adx

Ms HKM [sign in to see picture]

I love this idea!

MrsBliss [sign in to see picture]

I agree, great idea!!!

ZombieCpl [sign in to see picture]

Perhaps Lovehoney could offer a 'bluebella style' photoshoot as a competition prize or something? It would be a good way to guage whether people are really interested or whether it is a no go area.

Mrs Grey [sign in to see picture]

I think this is a brilliant idea

KinkyFuckery [sign in to see picture]

Its an ace idea I am photographer as my 2nd job I love it love boudior shoots ace x

KinkyFuckery wrote:

Its an ace idea I am photographer as my 2nd job I love it love boudior shoots ace x

Maybe you should offer your services? ;-)

Would love too but I dont have a studio I come to you & I probably miles from everyone x

Mrs Grey [sign in to see picture]

Maybe people could meet up centrally? Happy to be photography assistant for the day

• It's not straightforward to find a trusted photographer - Best off finding this from friend recommendations
    • Perceptions that this type of photography is a seedy business - find someone your comfortable with meet up see there work ask what they do with the photos , do they go on FB website , go with the same sex as you if more comfortable
    • They lack confidence and would like advice and support before committing - That can be change by having a recommendation from some and see what service they offer

I personally could not have a sexy shoot with a man as I would feel seedy I perfer a woman to shoot me , recommendations is the best form when coming to photo shoots

xrd_man wrote:

KinkyFuckery wrote:

You going to be my 1st model from LH ?

KinkyFuckery wrote:

xrd_man wrote:

KinkyFuckery wrote:

You going to be my 1st model from LH ?

Hmm, if your rates are good ;-)

My rates always good ! : P

Lol, now got to work on my shyness, and work out :-P

Ever heard of photo shop lol

Hey, thats what I did with my avatar, vast improvement

hahahah bless you

Actually, the likeness is uncanny, except I never do short sleeves with a tie

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.