• Returning an item- what about the freebie?

SN [sign in to see picture]

Okay, so I've just popped three fully charged batteries into my new Mantric bullet again to check for the final time, and it still doesn’t work. So I've filled in the returns form, and will post this back Monday or Tuesday.

However, this order came with last week’s Facebook freebie of the Orgasm Gel- so I was wondering whether that needed to be returned as well? I dont mind, I've got one already, but I'm just wondering whether it's necessary- because otherwise, I could have just been buying something, just to get the freebie. Anyway, the main issue of this is whether I can bang the bullet into a padded envelope, or whether I'll have to use a box to return it with the gel.

Also, more hypothetically now- what if the freebie has certain conditions to be added to the basket? For example, the current Facebook freebie is a Rabbit, which would be free if you spend £25 or more. So I was just wondering- what if, for whatever reason, you needed to return that £25 of orders for a refund. Would you need to part with the rabbit as well in that situation? Because from a business POV, its actually quite likely that a person could have just taken advantage of that offer, just to get the free rabbit, and just returned the rest for the refund.

Anyway, thanks for any help or replies.

Cat Lady [sign in to see picture]

I asked LH about this when I wanted to keep the basic love egg I got free with the FB offer when I returned the item I bought. If you want an actual refund you have to return the item but if you exchange for a product of the same value you can keep the freebie, alternatively if you exchange it for something that costs more or less LH will just charge/refund you the difference.

Okay, so the general theme is- 'you want your money back, you give us everything' -- That about right?

Right, thanks for your help! Its good to have an answer!

Cat Lady [sign in to see picture]

No problem. You could always email or ask LH staff on the live chat on Monday. I guess it depends what you want most - a refund or the gel.

Nah, I dont need the gel. I just thought- since it was available, I could give it a try (I haven't) since I was planning on getting those bullets anyway- it was DOTD. Its a shame, because I've brought from Mantric before, and they're both very good, and very bad at the same time!

The original bullets that I brought previously were BRILLIANT when they worked- one of the best bullets I've had. But the problem was they were supposedly waterproof, and had a (presumably) safety feature where if the wire isnt screwed in so rightly that you can't remove it with a pair of pliers, the vibe doesnt work. I was sent a replacement, but it was obviously a design flaw. So I didnt bother complaining that the second set didn't work properly either.

Which was why when I saw a similar set from Mantric, I thought I'd give it a go. But as it's not working, I'm just going to save myself the bother of going through that again. Also- the design of the battery cover is crap. But, It just didnt seem worth it, after the previous try. Anyway, I've spent WAY too much money receintly in LH- it's best that I return it and get a refund.

Thanks again for the help, Cat Lady. I really appreciate it.

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.