• Postal town on wishlist

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

If someone WANTS to trace you and knows enough about you from the information given or about computers then they will. No matter whether your wishlist says your town or the next biggest town or not. That is something people run the risk of when they use the internet.

I never saw a problem with having towns as the larger towns are used. If someone does know you then they are more likely to identify you through background objects or your voice.

I have always found Lovehoney to be very very discreet in everything they do and to me that is very much appreciated.

LilyMarie [sign in to see picture]

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

If someone WANTS to trace you and knows enough about you from the information given or about computers then they will. No matter whether your wishlist says your town or the next biggest town or not. That is something people run the risk of when they use the internet.

No, not really.
    You're making it a hell of a lot easier for people to find out where you live if you, well, let them know the city you live in. Makes sense, doesn't it? ;)

"I never saw a problem with having towns as the larger towns are used. If someone does know you then they are more likely to identify you through background objects or your voice."

What does that have to do with anything?... This isn't about people recognizing you on cam. It's about people finding out where you live via your wishlist.

"I have always found Lovehoney to be very very discreet in everything they do and to me that is very much appreciated."

Showing someone's postal town to a person who buys them something from their wishlist is not discreet and I'm pretty damn glad they're changing that.

Abots [sign in to see picture]

You show your face to people and it sounds like you've told them your life story too, there isn't much left to know that can't be used to trace you.

If you want to remain anonymous, then don't use it or do the things you do. Simple as in my opinion.

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

Abots wrote:

You show your face to people and it sounds like you've told them your life story too, there isn't much left to know that can't be used to trace you.

If you want to remain anonymous, then don't use it or do the things you do. Simple as in my opinion.

Mine too. Glad someone else agrees.

Abots wrote:

I've told them my life story? Wow, where the hell did you get THAT from? ^^ That's absolutely ridiculous.

My regulars know the country I live in, how old I am, that I go to school and that I have a brother. That is pretty much all. If that's "my life story", then so be it. lol.

Hazy [sign in to see picture]

I just checked by proceeding with a transaction from my own wishlist and when i got to the checkout page it said "send to hazy, United Kingdom" so a big thanks to LH for updating the page im greatful that you have returned our anonymity :)

I just bought another camgirl something from her wishlist and I received an e-mail that contained her username as well as her city and country :(

So apparently this has not been dealt with yet.

Is there ANY reason the city still shows up??

WeeSteve [sign in to see picture]

LilyMarie wrote:

I just bought another camgirl something from her wishlist and I received an e-mail that contained her username as well as her city and country :(

yh ive noticed tht too :( it still shows up when ur in the basket as well

WeeSteve wrote:

LilyMarie wrote:

For me, it didn't show up in the basket, only in the confirmation e-mail I got.

Hm... Still trying to figure out what the reason for this is.

I'd love to make a wishlist on Lovehoney because I think the site is just awesome and I know people who would definitely buy me something. But it just doesn't work this way. :(

LilyMarie wrote:

WeeSteve wrote:

LilyMarie wrote:

For me, it didn't show up in the basket, only in the confirmation e-mail I got.

Hm... Still trying to figure out what the reason for this is.

I'd love to make a wishlist on Lovehoney because I think the site is just awesome and I know people who would definitely buy me something. But it just doesn't work this way. :(

aaaw hun xx i dont have much of a problem with people knowing where i stay but its gotta be diffrent for cam girls n stuff x

you could change ur address to someone who lives out of town and get them to forward on any iteams :)

WeeSteve wrote:

aaaw hun xx i dont have much of a problem with people knowing where i stay but its gotta be diffrent for cam girls n stuff x

you could change ur address to someone who lives out of town and get them to forward on any iteams :)

It's definitely different for us, yeah....

Unfortunately I don't have any friends out of town who know about my job. :/

LilyMarie wrote:

WeeSteve wrote:

It's definitely different for us, yeah....

Unfortunately I don't have any friends out of town who know about my job. :/

:(

TTurtle [sign in to see picture]

I was going to say about the town on the confirmation e-mail actually, it still shows up on there

TTurtle wrote:

I was going to say about the town on the confirmation e-mail actually, it still shows up on there

when you get to the "order confirmation" page it shows up there as well. also when you view ur purchases it tells you where it was posted to

HappilyExperimenting [sign in to see picture]

Does anyone know what it says about my location? Does it just say United Kingdom or give the town as well? Thanks :) xx

PinkPolkaDot [sign in to see picture]

HappilyExperimenting wrote:

Does anyone know what it says about my location? Does it just say United Kingdom or give the town as well? Thanks :) xx

I'm pretty sure it gives the town as well - Or at least it did the last time I bought you something ;)

HappilyExperimenting [sign in to see picture]

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

I'm pretty sure it gives the town as well - Or at least it did the last time I bought you something ;)

Can you please look on your order details and see what it says? This has made me nervous lol xx

PinkPolkaDot [sign in to see picture]

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

Can you please look on your order details and see what it says? This has made me nervous lol xx

Yeah it gives a town in the Midlands - I probably shouldn't say what it is though xx

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

PinkPolkaDot wrote:

Yeah it gives a town in the Midlands - I probably shouldn't say what it is though xx

why you no on chaaaaaaat?!

luckylesbo [sign in to see picture]

This seems to be sorted, last orders i have placed for other people have just said United Kingdom

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.