• Postal town on wishlist

punchnjudy [sign in to see picture]

i live in leeds but who cares

[suspended user]

suspended user

Leeds is a big place, I am the only male with my surname in this one horse town, its a bigger deal.

WeeSteve [sign in to see picture]

*books train ticket to leeds* XD

Hazy [sign in to see picture]

thanks matt :)

J+J [sign in to see picture]

Personally I think it's a good idea to remove the towns, gives you more safety online. Thanks Matt & Lovehoney!

rubberdesires [sign in to see picture]

WeeSteve wrote:

Send the order to rubberdesires in Haverhill, United Kingdom

it seems to be my job to show people XD

i love your pic btw <3

now i just need to find a way to delete mine and weesteves post from here and no one will be any the wiser, eh!! outted myself there!!

WeeSteve [sign in to see picture]

Cheers

LilyMarie [sign in to see picture]

sweetlove666 wrote:

if you think youd get a lot of gifts maybe set up a postal order/ PO box?

then itd just be a code

I know for a fact that I'd get a lot of gifts ;)

But I can't set up a PO Box cause that would show people the town, as well.

ItsTaylorDean wrote:

saying that everyone who watches me on cam can clearly tell i'm from Liverpool thanks to my accent...

also being a camgirl you should know to use an alter ego and not your real name so that makes the chances of someone finding you even more impossible.

lol, do you think I'm using my real name as a camgirl?

"I'm a cam girl too and have no problem with the way the wishlist works, The odds of someone finding me are like a million to none haha.

you'll be fine."

No, not really xD If you don't mind letting people know where you live, that's your own problem. I do mind.

Lovehoney - Matt O wrote:

Hi All

This has become one of those situations where 'you can't please all the people all of the time!' I'm afraid! I think some of the posts in this thread show this!

Times have changed somewhat since we set up the wishlist system-it was initially about buying friends on the forum etc a little special something! We left a postal town in so people were sure that the parcel was going to the right place without giving away too many details, and to also indicate to people about the cost of postage if items were going abroad. We only confirmed the major postal town so people could not be identified.

The times keep on changing of course, so we will ask the tech team to remove the towns altogether. The wishlists are now being used far more extensivley for a number of reasons (cam girls for example, as mentioned in this thread) so it is now the right time to have a re-think!

No doubt we will get a few complaints about this, but hey ho!!

Cheers guys and gals!

That is awesome, Matt!

I hope this happens as soon as possible.

[suspended user]

suspended user

I think cam girls would take precautions, personally I and many people dont mind people knowing my name because I dont say where I live, I was surprised that making up a wish list gives away your home town to anyone who starts to send something, they dont (didnt) even have to complete the transaction I dont think.

gunther wrote:

I think cam girls would take precautions, personally I and many people dont mind people knowing my name because I dont say where I live, I was surprised that making up a wish list gives away your home town to anyone who starts to send something, they dont (didnt) even have to complete the transaction I dont think.

It's completely unneccessary.

Of course what Amazon does (showing the full name AND city of the wishlist creator even BEFORE you buy them something) is even more messed up.... :(

Isabella_deL [sign in to see picture]

I'm also a cam girl and live in a very small town, it's pretty easy for someone to trace you if they know your town, say for example I own a horse, I'm open about that on cam, if someone really wants to find you, they'll take something, like a hobby or an extra job you've talked about on cam, and narrow it down that way.

And yes it shows the town if you just go into the first stages of buying, rather than after you've paid.

Really hoping this is going to be changed soon as I've just been told Lovehoney doesn't want to send items to my PO box anymore! :( really can never have enough sex toys!

sashastream [sign in to see picture]

lilymarie what you can say to your customers is that you have all gifts sent to your sisters or brothers or even friends address as you can't risk having strangers find you problem solved

ItsTaylorDean [sign in to see picture]

LilyMarie wrote:

ItsTaylorDean wrote:

saying that everyone who watches me on cam can clearly tell i'm from Liverpool thanks to my accent...

also being a camgirl you should know to use an alter ego and not your real name so that makes the chances of someone finding you even more impossible.

lol, do you think I'm using my real name as a camgirl?

"I'm a cam girl too and have no problem with the way the wishlist works, The odds of someone finding me are like a million to none haha.

you'll be fine."

No, not really xD If you don't mind letting people know where you live, that's your own problem. I do mind.

bit rude?
    I wasn't being rude in any way to you...

angelkez [sign in to see picture]

i think i must be quite naive, i didn't even realise this is what wishlists were used for

[suspended user]

suspended user

I dont think people put an item on a wish list to tell everyone their home town

angelkez [sign in to see picture]

I meant more that it didn't occur to me personally that the wishlist would be used by someone you didn't know so the thought of the home town being on there hadn't bothered me

[suspended user]

suspended user

it never ocurred to me until i bought a prezzie for friend she never told me her home town (I didnt want to know) but LH did, I have come across internet nutters I believe it is fundamentally unsafe

sashastream wrote:

lilymarie what you can say to your customers is that you have all gifts sent to your sisters or brothers or even friends address as you can't risk having strangers find you problem solved

My guys on MFC already know I only have a 15 year old brother. - If I tell them items from a wishlist get sent to a friend's address, I doubt they'll believe me; they know most of my friends don't know about my job, and those who do live in the same city as me.

Have there been any updates yet as far as the town on the wishlist goes? :)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.