• Fake Review???

DreamOfTheEndless [sign in to see picture]

I'm totally real. If I were fake, I'd be a much more conscientous poster!

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

LittleSwitchBitch wrote:

Lovebirds, did u read the post which started this thread up again xx

Yeah I did. Replied to it directly a page or two back. Some people! *rolls eyes*

Briona87 [sign in to see picture]

I am very real; dull, bookish, not particularly attractive, obsessed with foreign languages (particularly with English), geeky - and, unsurprisingly enough, very much single. This is obvious both when you read my posts on the forum (btw - how many fake "people" on the internet bother talking about dull log-stacking, naughty dalmatian dogs, very specific language exams... or dying grandmothers...) and when you go through my reviews - you see some items of lingerie and toys even a partner-less woman can enjoy by herself.

And yeah, I am not from the UK - I am not, for that matter, even from an English-speaking country. Even though I think my English is not particularly bad (I actually love this language!), I seriously doubt I am ever going to win the Review of the Month competition. I am not a native speaker, after all... I am Czech by nationality and I live alternately in in one mid-sized place in the Czech Rep you have probably never even heard of, and in Prague.

I received an offer to get a "secret tester" (Lovehoney G-Spot Tickler Glass Dildo) in the autumn (having already written no less than 15 reviews for stuff I had bought) which actually surprised me - I had not expected I would ever get to test anything. I got one toy off my "Sex Toy Testers" list in November (a vibrating mascara of sorts) but it did not work so I could not review it (it was apparently a very faulty product because it got discontinued immediately). Since then I have not received anything off the "official" testers list. Recently, though, I raised my metaphorical hand several times in some forum-based offers for toy testing and on two occasions I was actually chosen (having done 20+ reviews already at that time).

When I don't get chosen, well.... I just don't get chosen - no reason to complain. When I really want a toy and when my bank balance allows it, I can buy it (perhaps using a handy discount code). When I get chosen, I am grateful (I admit it is quite thrilling for me because it makes me, a never-been-kissed and somewhat aging virgin, think that even I am trusted to do anything for the world of "sexual happiness") and I do my best to review the item in the best way I am capable of. It's as simple as that... Definitely no faking involved.

flaneur [sign in to see picture]

This whole thread seems to be about begrudging others. Times like this I think ot would be better if people didn't talk about the prizes they win from LoveHoney and the Testers they'd received as it seems to ignite jealousy from others. To be fair I can understand them. Most of us don't like it when a toy that looks perfect for them gets given to someone else to test. It gets worse when they read about them saying how lucky they are to get to test it.

pinkanimal [sign in to see picture]

Some people stay mum about what they get.
    Some of us love sharing and it's exciting even to find out what others get.

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

flaneur wrote:

This whole thread seems to be about begrudging others. Times like this I think ot would be better if people didn't talk about the prizes they win from LoveHoney and the Testers they'd received as it seems to ignite jealousy from others. To be fair I can understand them. Most of us don't like it when a toy that looks perfect for them gets given to someone else to test. It gets worse when they read about them saying how lucky they are to get to test it.

Well prizes are announced to the world through the blog, so I don't see why people should have to hide their joy at winning.

Same for testers, really. Yes it's disappointing when you don't get to try out something you really like the look of, especially when it's something beyond your means at that time. But again, no reason why the lucky few should have to hide their happiness like it's something to be ashamed of. If it looks that perfect for you, you should be happy to read a good review before having to spend your own money on it rather than expect to be handed it for free then grumble that it wasn't you. That's how I see it anyway. I love when certain people get lingerie, for example, because they seem to have the same body confidence troubles as me and thus comment very well on the size and fit. I'm always happy when they get the item, even though I would have loved the chance to try it out myself. I could bitch and get jealous because I wanted the thing, but why bother. It's childish. 'You got something I wanted so now you have to shut up while I sulk and punish you for being chosen by at least not letting you be happy about it!!!'. Far easier to be happy for them, especially when they are so obviously happy to have been chosen.

People will always get jealous. You also get people (like me incidentally) who genuinely feel happy for people when they get something they clearly wanted. This is said often in the tester thread. And everyone knows who got the item once the review is up anyway. So they may as well be allowed to show appreciation at being chosen!

SR36 [sign in to see picture]

Just gonna throw in my two cents- I'm real, I don't live in the UK, but I get sent testers and write real reviews for them. I feel very lucky to have the opportunity to do so, and enjoy testing and writing about the toys without even considering if I will win a competition. Isn't being sent something new and exciting and FREE enough for some people?

But as others have said- whilst the sex toys are of course a major part of it- I love this community. I've had a bit of a tough year and I honestly think that coming on here and talking about sex toys, sex and life in general or any other manner of things with everyone has really helped me through it. And I've learnt so much!

I've never met any of these people, but I'm pretty damn sure they are real. More real than a lot of people I speak to face to face.

Oh and +1 Lovebirds :)

Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]

Tell you what, let's do a test.

Caz or any LH admin about? If you can send me, say around 15 FREE sex toys and I will be more than happy to post a review :p

LittleSwitchBitch [sign in to see picture]

Lovebirds_x wrote:

LittleSwitchBitch wrote:

Lovebirds, did u read the post which started this thread up again xx

Yeah I did. Replied to it directly a page or two back. Some people! *rolls eyes*

Takes all kinds and that blah lol x
    LittleSwitchBitch [sign in to see picture]

Oh ya..... I too, don't live in UK either btw... I get sent testers :)

SR36 [sign in to see picture]

Young and fun95 wrote:

Yeah about the whole "not real people" thing, they're a bloody good computer then! I recently started a thread about something personal that I was quite upset about and the responses, not just with advice but also just really kind words, meant the world to me, they definitely came from real people!

(as a quick aside) - hope you're feeling better now Y&F- was wondering how you're getting on x

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

flaneur wrote:

The thing is most people only put about what testers theyve been selected for, in the testers thread! So if people dont want to see where their beloved choices went, then as long as they steer clear of that thread they wont be upset.

I know the feeling of being upset when your first choice goes to someone else, but its so friendly on here that i dont get the feeling of being annoyed that XYZ poster was selected, because i dont have enemies so its not a kick in the teeth that someone you dont like was selected!

In my reviews i feel it necessary to state if it was a tester item. Maybe i dont have to, who knows? I just sometimes think its more honest to say it was a tester, especially if its something i wouldnt have bought otherwise.some things i have tested that i absolutely enjoyed, but never would have bought myself. One example is the dildo i tested. I absolutely love it but if this site offered no testers then i wouldnt have got it because i prefer either dual or clitoral stimulation. Now ive discovered a whole new world of things i like! But i feel i have to say it was a tester otherwise i feel like im misleading the readers.

SensualFire [sign in to see picture]

I enjoy writing reviews, because its a challenge, not something I am used to writing. I do not do it, in hopes to get something back in return :)

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

There use to be a site that confirmed reviewers. You'd send in a picture of yourself holding a hand written sign with your username, date, etc. Once they comfirmed this (which would be kept private), you'd get a real reviewers badge.

Probably a bit too much for LH though considering how many people review and that many only review with them rather than reviewing for other sex toy companies too.

pinkanimal [sign in to see picture]

Lady Ness wrote:

There use to be a site that confirmed reviewers. You'd send in a picture of yourself holding a hand written sign with your username, date, etc. Once they comfirmed this (which would be kept private), you'd get a real reviewers badge.

Probably a bit too much for LH though considering how many people review and that many only review with them rather than reviewing for other sex toy companies too.

I dont think thats necessary at all.

Way over the top.

We all know we are real, we dont need to prove that to some jealous moron.

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

Lady Ness wrote:

That wouldnt work though in this case. The poster thought all the winning reviews and people who get testers were either workers at love honey pretending to be other people, or friends of theirs. A picture of the reviewer prooves to love honey they are real, but they already know that as they have our addresses so know that we are real in order to send us stuff! It would only work if the doubters saw the pictures but then that ruins our anoninimity. It also doesnt persuade someone that the people he mentioned arent actually real life friends of the love honey staff.

Theres no way of prooving to doubters than we are real if they dont want to believe it.

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

@pinkanimal it was at the time for reviewers getting involved with multiple companies. Around 5 years ago it was rare for companies who make products to send out testers and things like this helped them gain trust.

Also as someone who has worked with retailers and found fake reviewers owning blogs, and stealing reviews from others to look like their so they got freebies, directories like Real Sex Toy eviewers and many other listing sites have helped weed out the bad crop =)

On a place side it also makes the public like the review more and helps gain loyal readers.

I'm not sure it's need on LH anyway. Although it would be nice t have a tick box for weather we puchased the item from LH or not (like Amazons verified reviewers =) ).

DreamOfTheEndless [sign in to see picture]

This is an existential nightmare! Am I real? Are you? Is anyone?

It's as confusing as me finding out the Gaelic version of 'Charlie and Lola' is called 'Charlie is Lola'

JuicyJ89 [sign in to see picture]

you know trolls are ficitonal right? That must mean that The Baroness isn't real :) just throwing that out there...

Young and fun95 [sign in to see picture]

Lovebirds_x wrote:

flaneur wrote:

Well prizes are announced to the world through the blog, so I don't see why people should have to hide their joy at winning.

Same for testers, really. Yes it's disappointing when you don't get to try out something you really like the look of, especially when it's something beyond your means at that time. But again, no reason why the lucky few should have to hide their happiness like it's something to be ashamed of. If it looks that perfect for you, you should be happy to read a good review before having to spend your own money on it rather than expect to be handed it for free then grumble that it wasn't you. That's how I see it anyway. I love when certain people get lingerie, for example, because they seem to have the same body confidence troubles as me and thus comment very well on the size and fit. I'm always happy when they get the item, even though I would have loved the chance to try it out myself. I could bitch and get jealous because I wanted the thing, but why bother. It's childish. 'You got something I wanted so now you have to shut up while I sulk and punish you for being chosen by at least not letting you be happy about it!!!'. Far easier to be happy for them, especially when they are so obviously happy to have been chosen.

People will always get jealous. You also get people (like me incidentally) who genuinely feel happy for people when they get something they clearly wanted. This is said often in the tester thread. And everyone knows who got the item once the review is up anyway. So they may as well be allowed to show appreciation at being chosen!

Totally agree, I love when people talk about what they got, especially if it's something they wanted, or they've been down and it's cheered them up. If someone's excited it's not their responsibility to protect others from getting jealous, people will always get jealous, like OP, hasn't even men these people and begrudges what they get. We're a community, we should be happy when someone's happy :)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.