• Could you be a sex columnist?

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

This job has come to our attention and we thought someone on the forum might jump at the opportunity - loads of brilliant writers out there on the Lovehoney forum!

"EASY LIVING EDITORIAL

Easy Living is looking for brilliant new sex columnist.

Are you a journalist in your 30s or 40s who could write a gripping, anonymous column on keeping sex exciting in a marriage? You will need to be married (for at least five years) or be in a very long-term relationship, with two or more young children – please do not apply if you don’t fit this brief. You will be contracted for a year of monthly columns, with possibility of extending that. Total discretion over your identity will be guaranteed.

Please contact hannah.shuckburgh@condenast.co.uk with your name and ‘Sex Columnist’ in the subject box. Your application should include a short paragraph on why you would like to write a column on this subject and two examples of previously published work."

Link to the job advert here.

Mr Monster [sign in to see picture]

Two or more young children? Two examples of previously published work? Keep sex exciting in a marriage?

They're not asking for much, are they?

Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]

why can't an applicant be on a shorter relationship or not in on at all. I am sure that you can have a varied and much experience without currently being in a relationship. Why 2 kids and not just 1?

Think they need to cut their wishlist down a bit

Kira [sign in to see picture]

I agree - cut down the wishlist. I'm 27 with one kid. Been married five years this year. I've been published online, but I'm sure that wouldn't count. I bet I know more about sex than 90% of those that apply. Oh well.

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

This is something I'd like to do in the future, but currently I don't fit into any of the listed categories.

rose hip [sign in to see picture]

Considering they only need one columnist and don't have geographical constraints, I don't think their wish list is asking for too much.

And I say that as someone who could really use that sort of job but doesn't meet any of the criteria.

Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]

I'd do it but i'm a single mummy to 2, I was married for 5yrs. I have a healthy sex life and like said above, I bet I have more experience than 90% of those applying, varied too.

I've had 2 stories published but that was non fiction.

Shame really

S&S [sign in to see picture]

The Nymphomaniac wrote:

This is something I'd like to do in the future, but currently I don't fit into any of the listed categories.

Same as. It'd be something I'd love to do at some stage of my life, but for now this sadly doesn't suit. Cheers for bringing it to people's attention though Alice, it's a great idea!

Blondii [sign in to see picture]

Thats a shame id be interested as I have been writing for over 30 years have been in a relationship for 25 years with an incredible sexlife, especially since being over 40, but dont have children and dont intend to lol.

A great opportunity for someone there.

Gyrator53 [sign in to see picture]

We fit the profile apart from being well past the age range - our two children are young - both under 30 - which seem young from our perspective!

Good luck to anyone taking it on. I found writing articles on a regular basis was OK for a couple of years but became an incredible drag after that with it being hell to think of a novel angle for the next article as the deadline loomed.

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.