• Lovehoney Facebook

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

After a 15 month absence, our Facebook page is back! And hopefully for good this time...

https://www.facebook.com/Lovehoney

Hope to see you there as well as here

rach74 [sign in to see picture]

what about the other facebook page you have, will that still be active?

rach74 wrote:

what about the other facebook page you have, will that still be active?

I've unpublished the 'Sexual Happiness' page to prevent confusion - our Lovehoney facebook will be our primary facebook from now on.

Pixie_Murree [sign in to see picture]

Yay

Nymeria [sign in to see picture]

I prefer the original Lovehoney tag to Sexual Happiness so I'm glad it's back! =]

ady [sign in to see picture]

glad to see you back on fb, will there be any comps on there

The Big Gee [sign in to see picture]

Any plans for the Google+ page too?

Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]

ohhhh another addiction is up and coming :p

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

Yeah, they do track through certain other websites, hence why there was a story recently about a gay kid being "outed" by the targetted advertising on his FB account: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/11/facebook-targeted-advertising-gay-teen_n_1200404.html

There was an article on LifeHacker recently dealing with how exactly they track you: http://lifehacker.com/5843969/facebook-is-tracking-your-every-move-on-the-web-heres-how-to-stop-it

Personally, I use a Firefox plug-in that blocks these traces: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/priv3/
    The LifeHacker article listed some others, but not tried them myself, so can't vouch for them, but Priv3 works like a charm.

Aaaanyway...it's a headache if you're concerned about privacy and not forearmed with all this knowledge, but if you get some way of blocking their traces outside of FB, and don't put any personal info on your page (where you went to school, age, location, etc.), then you'll still get suggestions based on your 'likes' and friends and junk, but apart from the advertising and suggestions, it's fairly innocent.

Yeah, I agree with BB. I remember when I first had my school friends added and they kept tagging me in photos etc. You can control YOUR setting but not your friends. I ended up untagging myself and deleting them off altogether lol. I prefer to contact them via phone now as they're addicts on FB.

I currently have an FB account but with limited information and only connections with those in uni etc. I prefer a laidback approach and didn't want to feel somewhat pressured into adding people I may know just because they went from the same school or knew my friends. I don't have my location, full birthday or what school/uni I go to on there as it picks up on others that have similar details to add as potential "people you may know".

I use it for entertainment as I play a few games but mainly as a way of interaction with my OH as we play together on there. I've also won a competition on there... Can't be all that bad. =]

ady wrote:

glad to see you back on fb, will there be any comps on there

Our exclusive Facebook offers are back now... it's a cracking one to start us off!

Facebook are hugely strict about their competitions. All those sites asking you to share this, like that or tag the other are all actually breaking Facebook's competition regulations and could be kicked off entirely. We will run some, but they will have to all be totally above board (of course!). We run regular competitions on our Twitter page though - keep an eye out every Wednesday. www.twitter.com/lovehoney

I absolutely love the February FB Fan offer! The free Lovehoney Love Bear is amazing! It's so cute and powerful. I love the size too.

The very recent exclusive Lovehoney offer is a great added bonus too.

If anyone has a Facebook and has yet to add/like Lovehoney- I recommend it for the Love Bear freebie!

Blueeyes82 [sign in to see picture]

FB can not access your whole computer, it's a myth. The information that FB has access to is what you place on there, so use commonsense in what you put on a SOCIAL NETWORKING site (the clue is in the capitals ;) ).

Loving LH!!!!!!

Oooooo it's all spangly and shiny!

https://www.facebook.com/Lovehoney

[suspended user]

suspended user

hi alice...interesting ive never been on facebook before

Mr-Mrs-Sexy [sign in to see picture]

just created a seperate account purley for this :) add me

facebook.com/MrMrsSex

Great deal this week too with the satin tease me bow!

AliMc [sign in to see picture]

Nymeria wrote:

Great deal this week too with the satin tease me bow!

Yeah, I'm just waiting for mine to arrive now! I loved last weeks freebie - the lovehoney silk bag. It's much nicer than I thought it would be.

Mr-Mrs-Sexy [sign in to see picture]

anyone got a feeling on what next weeks deal will be?

I was just wondering if the Lovehoney Facebook offer/s will be used with the .com site? For now it seems to only work for the main Lovehoney UK site.

I can understand issues with stocking but I think it will be good if there can be something site-wise across them both.

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.