• About using debit cards...

Ginger Ninja Minge [sign in to see picture]

So I'm at university with my recently acquired independence, then I get a phone call from my dad asking me about being a little bit overdrawn (a newbie's mistake). Then he has me confirming that I spent £50ish at [edited], which got me quite very worried...

Can I ask how much detail is shown on credit cards? I know Love Honey is all about confidenciality, but I just want to know what details they show on debit cards. Plus, if they decide to search for [edited], I am seriously screwed. -_-

Mad4Sex [sign in to see picture]

Hiya,

If they Google [edited] then there's lots of references to Lovehoney unfortunately.

Regards

M4S

Can't it be even more confidential..? -_- Like having Tesco instead of [edited]?

PS.

The first link on Google is currently entitled "Advice on Female Masturbation (Add your own tips ladies!)"

M4S

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php/107385-Advice-on-Female-Masturbation-%28Add-your-own-tips-ladies%21%29/page3

I'm always a bit concerned that the [edited] label on goods that are delivered to my works address will be spotted by a nosy work colleague but, fortunately, it has never happened.

suze9 [sign in to see picture]

If asked outright can you not say you paid in exchange for cash for a friend as they did not have their card or something?

That's a good idea :)

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

You can see an example of what comes up on your bank statement here:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/card-statement/

Everytime we mention what is written on the statements or packages at Lovehoney we use an image so that it's not searchable by search engines. (I've had to edit a lot of them out on this thread!) We also regularly google the phrase and email the review sites and forums that mention it to try and cut down on the footprint, but unforunately it's so easily posted by people and we can't control every reference.

Ohhh. Thanks for that! I just feel really screwed because my parents have a knack of being really nosy, so this is troubling me a lot...

Thanks for that, Alice. You should ban people from using the phrase in their posts! Including me.

Mad4Sex wrote:

PS.

The first link on Google is currently entitled "Advice on Female Masturbation (Add your own tips ladies!)"

M4S

http://vbulletin.thesite.org/showthread.php/107385-Advice-on-Female-Masturbation-%28Add-your-own-tips-ladies%21%29/page3

I've emailed this website repeatedly to get this removed, but unfortunately with no luck

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

or ask for only elecronic sending of information to you. Thats what I have. So my dad would never be able to open it, as it is delivered to my mail address or internet banking, which is what I wanted.My parents never get their hands on it.

I really really don't know. That's what I'm worried about. I thought they wouldn't know anything. I was horribly, terribly wrong... -_- They send me £55 a week from their own debit card for food which I don't use up only for food since it's a lot...

Laveila, I have another account where my student finance goes in. I've switched that to online banking, so if I could draw out money from one into another, I should be fine.. for next time if I get away with this...

suze9 [sign in to see picture]

Laveila wrote:

or ask for only elecronic sending of information to you. Thats what I have. So my dad would never be able to open it, as it is delivered to my mail address or internet banking, which is what I wanted.My parents never get their hands on it.

I would go along this route and if you are already part of online banking change your pass word now!!! You cannot be independant if your parents are constantly checking up on you and as nice as they sound helping you out with food money you need to learn by your own mistakes where money is concerned or you never will.

Just a thought, as this question has been answered, maybe it would be better for LH to delete this thread if that's possible. Just in case a search leads to this forum, just being paranoid on your behalf! :).

M4S

Mad4Sex wrote:

Just a thought, as this question has been answered, maybe it would be better for LH to delete this thread if that's possible. Just in case a search leads to this forum, just being paranoid on your behalf! :).

M4S

It shouldn't do as I've removed every mention of... You Know What

I know, I was thinking of that... I'm trusting my parents, if they get on this site, won't look at the forums... I mean, the forums aren't important to what they're trying to discover. I don't think they even understand what exactly a forum is!

Hi Alice, I was just thinking that the Forum is read only to non members isn't it?.

Best wishes

M4S

Mad4Sex wrote:

Hi Alice, I was just thinking that the Forum is read only to non members isn't it?.

Best wishes

M4S

Yes, that's right. Avatars are also hidden to non-members.

shellyboo [sign in to see picture]

Wow, I never realised how dedicated you guys are when it comes to keeping 'The Official Name' unsearchable!!

The Advice on Female Masturbation link is the only one on the whole first page that references its true meaning though -- your parents may be inclined to overlook it in favour of some of the other more "professional" links. And if they DO ask questions, just do as suze9 said and say you loaned your card to a friend and have no idea what they bought!

And ANYWAY, if they do find out and give out to you, put them back in their box!! You're an adult now, would they rather you were out experimenting with strangers?! (not that there's anything wrong with that, but your parents don't need to know you're doing it :P) If they're going to be opening your private mail and checking up on you, they can't complain when they find something they don't like, etc etc. Start as you mean to go on and establish some boundaries!

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.