• Buyer's Guides

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

I've cracked my whip! We've always had lots of lovely Buyer's Guides, but they've been in a bit of a jumble and tricky to find. Not any more...

If you hover over the main menu, under the 'Buying Help' header of each section is now a link to each set of buyer's guides. They are:

Sex Toys Buyer's Guides

Lingerie & Clothing Buyer's Guides

The Essentials Buyer's Guides

Gifts & Games Buyer's Guides

The index pages themselves will be prettied up, but at least we have a full list now! Hopefully this will make it easier to find Buyer's Guides to link to member asking "what lube should I choose?" (Guide to lube!), or "I want to try anal sex, what do I do?" (Guide to first time anal sex!)

A lot of the guides haven't been edited for a few years - we'll be gradually updating them. We can also spot all the gaps now...

I want to know - are there any Buyer's Guides you think would be particularly helpful?

ronnie-baby [sign in to see picture]

Brilliant Alice! I've always gotten a bit puzzled when trying to find my way around the 'guides'. I shall find it very much more helpful now. Thank you.

rb

x x

New Buyer's Guide: How to Choose Your First Sex Toy including important mention of the friendly folk on the forum

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Looking good Alice...will a sticky be going up on the forums with links to the guides?

And whatever happened to the idea of a section linking to all the older but really useful threads?

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Looking good Alice...will a sticky be going up on the forums with links to the guides?

And whatever happened to the idea of a section linking to all the older but really useful threads?

Adx

Nope, no sticky for guides. They're all accessible from the main menus (if you hover over the main menu, under the 'Buying Help' header of each section is now a link to each set of buyer's guides) and we're working on a central Buyer's Guide area which will make them all much easier to find.

This thread is overdue an upgrade and seems the right candidate for 'Classic Threads'. I'll add it to my list for next week.

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Adx

Nope, no sticky for guides. They're all accessible from the main menus (if you hover over the main menu, under the 'Buying Help' header of each section is now a link to each set of buyer's guides) and we're working on a central Buyer's Guide area which will make them all much easier to find.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/327670-welcome-to-the-lovehoney-forum/ is overdue an upgrade and seems the right candidate for 'Classic Threads'. I'll add it to my list for next week.

Ah ok, yes I thought about being able to get it there but if you don't know they exist you might not think to look for them - but a central buyers area would be useful!

And good news on the classic threads place - we're getting so many repeated threads at the minute and I think users with valid questions aren't getting their answers because people have answered the same question in another thread so recently!

Adx

MrSarcastic [sign in to see picture]

Super idea LH always working hard to give out good advice love it x

Despina Rose [sign in to see picture]

Great idea! Makes them so much easier to read.

Can I suggest one thing? I was looking through the guides about cock rings but I couldn't find a guide about metal or rigid ones. Like what size, how long can you wear them for etc. This could be really helpful.

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

I know a lot of brands often have there own set sizes, like some will be a different size in inches for a size 12 to another brand. I was wondering if there would be a link/ guide with were size charts are all together for the main brands? I know there is already a onesize guide but this too doesn't have inches involved. Also maybe a image of a person with lines indicating where to measure? I'm not sure if this is already on the site though.

Hello again all, I have been diddling. If you check out the navigation bar now, the guides should be much clearer in the right hand column, and the bottom link is a link to all the guides.

MasqueradeMinx wrote:

Great idea! Makes them so much easier to read.

Can I suggest one thing? I was looking through the guides about cock rings but I couldn't find a guide about metal or rigid ones. Like what size, how long can you wear them for etc. This could be really helpful.

I think we definitely have all the information, but it is scattered to the winds and incredibly difficult to find! Have made a note of how to measure for a cock ring/how to choose a cock ring.

Nymphomaniac - my, that sounds like a HUGE project but I've made a note.

Another update, we now have a landing page for all the guides:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/buyers-guide/

This is the link you will find under the Community & Advice tab in the navigation bar.

Hope this makes life easier for you if you're looking for a Lovehoney guide.

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

all brilliant improvements!

Brilliant idea Nymph, I think this would be great.

All great improvements Alice

Thanks all!

Now with pretty pictures too... http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/buyers-guide/

Expect more guides landing over the coming months.

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Thanks all!

Now with pretty pictures too... http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/buyers-guide/

Expect more guides landing over the coming months.

Ohhh! looks fab Alice!

Really classy.

Ohh! Thanks Alice. Very informative and the pictures help a lot.

mrbumps [sign in to see picture]

you read my mind i was just thinking how you would go about chosing a cock ring

toycar69 [sign in to see picture]

Thanks Alice, one point: Make sure you use a fabric tape, a steel one can cause injuries ;)

Newly updated guide - Which is the Best Bullet Vibrator?

Should help guide new users through the different aspects of bullet vibes (including battery types, special coatings etc) if they're looking for something other than the bestseller or trying to understand why some bullets feel different and perform differently from each other.

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.