• Your Lovehoney

Lovehoney - Numbers [sign in to see picture]

Hello you lovely, sexy people!

I've created something new - it's called Your Lovehoney.

You can access it (for the time being) here http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/your-lovehoney/

It's a page that automatically updates itself with recommendations based around what products you've viewed or added to your basket or which categories visited. It's a great way of being able to recommend stuff to folks without them having to register or us know any of their private details.

Can you give it a whirl? It won't be 100% accurate yet (or anywhere near!), but after a good tour around the site, it should be able to make a decent stab at whether you're a man or a woman, and what you're into.

Cheers Folks!

Matt

YoungEssexCouple [sign in to see picture]

Great idea and addition to the site. My only critism is ( i may be wrong) but it is currently viewing the sites cookies and making the suggestions based on those, and because of this 3 of the "suggested" products for myself are products I already own and have bought from love honey. Is there not a way to query against the database and exclude items already been bought by the user ?

Hey Y.E.C - will check, though we can't link it up to the order database for all sorts of data privacy issues. Is there 4th product any good? :-)

YoungEssexCouple [sign in to see picture]

Yeah it caught my eye Numbers. I fully understand the Data Privacy laws and problems, however I suppose as it's more of a hook for new buyers/occasional visitors rather than members that are constantly on the site it probably wouldn't be that much of an issue.

toycar69 [sign in to see picture]

looks like a great idea Numbers!

Not sure it would work for me (and some forum members) as I often click on product links from threads where other members have said they like something. My recommendations are mostly from this at the moment.

Keep up the good work!

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

Is all the page personalised suggestions? or just the "can we make a sugestion?" bit.

i got a few penis pump in my suggestions when i first checked it. I'm single and female, so don't look at the male section.

also 1 thing i have reviewed showed up in the "can we make a suggestion" thing. Otherwise things in that section are similar to what i've bought and reviewed from here before

sweetlove666 wrote:

Is all the page personalised suggestions? or just the "can we make a sugestion?" bit.

i got a few penis pump in my suggestions when i first checked it. I'm single and female, so don't look at the male section.

also 1 thing i have reviewed showed up in the "can we make a suggestion" thing. Otherwise things in that section are similar to what i've bought and reviewed from here before

Yep - the whole thing is "meant" to be personalised. There's a bunch of different algorythms in there, from recommendations based just on what you've viewed, to "Trending" products that are popular, to an "Explorer" algo that's meant to show new types of toys you haven't tried yet.

Will work on the pumps!

Matt

EmilyBlenkins [sign in to see picture]

Woah, this is a great idea! I love it!

Booties [sign in to see picture]

Huuuuuh. This is a really cool idea, I do like it!

With that in mind, my entire page is full of butt-plugs and anal things... Which is scary, as I don't like anal and have never bought anal toys... xD

There is currently only one thing on there that I would consider buying... So... What's it based on? What you view entirely including other peoples' wishlists, thread links, etc...?

Booties wrote:

With that in mind, my entire page is full of butt-plugs and anal things... Which is scary, as I don't like anal and have never bought anal toys... xD

There is currently only one thing on there that I would consider buying... So... What's it based on? What you view entirely including other peoples' wishlists, thread links, etc...?

:-) It's still guessing, I imagine! It probably doesn't work as well for Forum users who view lots of unrelated products. Mine is busy trying to sell me Glass Dildos & Bondage candles.....

Lovehoney - Numbers wrote:

Booties wrote:

:-) It's still guessing, I imagine! It probably doesn't work as well for Forum users who view lots of unrelated products. Mine is busy trying to sell me Glass Dildos & Bondage candles.....

Well it's still a great idea!

Even if it does just guess, and gets it wrong a lot, I like the suggestions of new products. Gives me something to look at, and shows me products I might never have seen while general browsing!

If I may make a suggestion, how about putting its star rating underneath the product name, therefor we can see if It needs reviewing, or it's rating etc. - Just a thought

silverdrop [sign in to see picture]

On my page:

Winning Choices

We don't want you to leave unless you feel 100% fulfilled.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=17541

Yes... yes, I think I would be rather more than 100% "fulfilled" with that...

Laveila [sign in to see picture]

silverdrop wrote:

On my page:

Winning Choices

There is no way this would fit into me! oh, no, no, no. glad my suggestions are much better

Nymeria [sign in to see picture]

Ooh, I quite like how random it is. I've viewed a lot of products-including things I'm not that interested in personally.

Anywho, my last viewed items were all lingerie and for the suggestions it did generate some lingerie that I've not come across- so not bad. There were a couple of anal toys, male masturbators and double ended dildos that I personally would not be interested in but it's amusing..

I'd like to suggest having a separate clothing/toys panel too.

I think it's a great idea and I reckon new users will benefitt a lot and add a personal touch. I quite like how it actually shows products that I wouldn't have originally located but would potentially buy. So the surprise factor could be a good thing. 100% accuracy would make things a tad boring. =]

silverdrop wrote:

On my page:

Winning Choices

HAHAHA! I had that for a while too. I think if you've looked at large dildos before, it kinda makes a leap in logic....

x X x wrote:

I'd like to suggest having a separate clothing/toys panel too.

We're going to start deploying little Your Lovehoney teaser boxes around the main heading pages in a bit - might be useful (though trying to figure out how to make them more excitiing, they're only recommending boring stuff to me at the mo)

EmilyBlenkins wrote:

If I may make a suggestion, how about putting its star rating underneath the product name, therefor we can see if It needs reviewing, or it's rating etc. - Just a thought

Didn't like the sound of it, Numbers? :P

silverdrop [sign in to see picture]

I regularly browse the 'What's New' section, and click on things that look weird, so it'll never make sense of me. But I only like skinny dildos! SKINNY!

silverdrop wrote:

I regularly browse the 'What's New' section, and click on things that look weird, so it'll never make sense of me. But I only like skinny dildos! SKINNY!

I am the same! I need slim things, don't like anal and generally need clit stim.

Maybe it would be better to have people select a few things (like tick boxes) they're interested in, and receive recommendations and updates on those? For example, I get anal play and stroker and plus size lingerie emails and recommendations, but all of these are useless to me...

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.