• Lovehoney Forum Changes

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

So you've noticed a slight change of colour... this is NOT the big community development we have in the pipeline, but we felt the coral and grey was really clashing with our new header. We hope it's an improvement!

You'll also find a couple of new functions:

1. You can now report a post and leave a message for the moderator. Hope this helps, and should make reporting images and members easier for the mean time.

2. You can now edit your mistakes for up to 5 minutes after you posted. YESssss!

3. If you put a Lovehoney link into a post or thread, it now does something nifty to the link – try it out. It should make everyone's life a bit easier when they want to show products. This should be magic, fingers crossed it works as it's supposed to.

Admins can move threads to the correct forums – so get reporting if you spy one out of place! You'll also see some nifty reminders about the rules and FAQ whenever you post. It's also easier to start a thread.

There's bound to be teething problems as this is the first time it's been tested live, so please let us know any bugs so we can look in to them.

Lovehoney - The Doc [sign in to see picture]

Testing 123

LovesaSailor [sign in to see picture]

Testing 456!

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Oh I'll move this here:

*Bump*

We've gone blue!

Which I like - but it doesn't match the purple banner!

But what's with the weird green -->

And whilst the list page of the forums looks good the threads look like I've clicked the "accesibility" option - it's massive!

Adx

I really love the reminder though and I love the things that have been added - can't wait to have a play! And the message option with reporting is great!

Adx

Oh yes, we do have some teething problems - but we're working on them!

The blue is to match the colour of the headers at the top. The green is the colour we use to draw attention to things (used throughout Lovehoney) - but nothing is untweakable if it proves too much.

Believe it or not the list page of the forums hasn't changed at all. Must be the same thing that means painting a room white makes it look bigger!

gymnast_kerry [sign in to see picture]

ooo new colours :)

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

The blue is to match the colour of the headers at the top. The green is the colour we use to draw attention to things (used throughout Lovehoney) - but nothing is untweakable if it proves too much.

Believe it or not the list page of the forums hasn't changed at all. Must be the same thing that means painting a room white makes it look bigger!

But have the threads themselves changed? Because they're the bits that look especially huge!

It looks good. I just see the banner at the top as purple and the blue of the forums doesn't seem to match that but that may just be me.

The green does a good job of drawing attention to things I suppose it just looks a bit out of place but I guess that's what you want!

Adx

Alicia D'amore wrote:

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

But have the threads themselves changed? Because they're the bits that look especially huge!

It looks good. I just see the banner at the top as purple and the blue of the forums doesn't seem to match that but that may just be me.

The green does a good job of drawing attention to things I suppose it just looks a bit out of place but I guess that's what you want!

Adx

Ah, two things. Before there was a border/shading at the right hand side of a post - so it could appear bigger. Also, there is a bit of rogue spacing which makes each post taller. Tis on the fix list now.

SEXYGET 69 [sign in to see picture]

All looks good on my phone. Nice! SG x

Booties [sign in to see picture]

I really like the new blue! And FINALLY, an edit button. Very pleased!

Now if only you would make it so we can pargraph... -dreams-

... Though we can't edit yet, I'm assuming you're still working on that?

And I don't understand the link thing... -Silly- =P

Yup, edit button is being fixed.

Also the link thing isn't working just yet. But when it does, it's SO cool (that's the thing I'm personally most excited about)

Gyrator53 [sign in to see picture]

Can I put in a bid for dyslexics like me for a bit more than 5 minutes for editing. Even though I use a word processor and spell checker to write most of my posts I still find boo-boos in them when I re-read them.

Its nice to have a thing at the foot of an edited post that says "edited by X at such a time. Reason:...." so that if there are nonsequiturs in the thread as a consequence of the editing readers can se how they have come about.

Ah right, that would be why... You're getting me all excited about this link thing now! -weeps-

One last (I think...) thing, I must say I agree with Ad that the bold purple at the top really doesn't go with the airy ice blue...

MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]

Can I ask if there are any plans to put some sort of button/link at the bottom of the page to take you back to the main forum once you have posted, to save you having to scroll back up all the time? Might only seem a small gripe but it really really annoys me....

MissTerryCleavage wrote:

Can I ask if there are any plans to put some sort of button/link at the bottom of the page to take you back to the main forum once you have posted, to save you having to scroll back up all the time? Might only seem a small gripe but it really really annoys me....

Not yet - it's on my list (I cruise the suggestions thread and collate ideas). We're still sorting this lot out first

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Booties wrote:

I really like the new blue! And FINALLY, an edit button. Very pleased!

Now if only you would make it so we can pargraph... -dreams-

Paragraphing
    Shift+Enter
    Easy Peasy see?

I know how to do it! xD

It works for me on here now, but still doesn't work while writing reviews and such. I'm POSITIVE it never used to work on the forums either D;

Maybe it's just my laptop...

HappyCouple [sign in to see picture]
    HappyCouple [sign in to see picture]

Turns out the link feature and the edit are not working yet for me but glad to see they are indevelopment!

Edit generates a JavaScript popup showing:
    Error: The TEXTAREA with id or name set to "message_edit" was not found.

Lovehoney - The Doc [sign in to see picture]

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.