• Design a sex toy competition questions

sharry [sign in to see picture]

Just wondered if someone could clarify a few points about this competition. I have found other threads that answer some of the queries but they tend to be 1-2 years old. Looking at the current comp's rules I'm not sure if they still apply.

1) Should you win the prize do you just get the prize money or are there royalty fees or license payments?

2) Does LH own the copyright to the design?

3) Once you hand over the design do you have any rights? Winner or not. 

Lovehoney - Richard [sign in to see picture]

Hi Sharry,

Yes, the rules still apply... You own the copyright to the design and you have rights - but you make the following commitment to us...

There is one prize of £1,000 cash for the winning entry.

In addition, LoveHoney may contact you (whether or not you are the winner) to discuss manufacturing and selling your design. You agree to talk to us in good faith about helping us with this and not to talk to any other sex toy manufacturer or retailer in the meantime.

Hope that answers your questions!

Richard

Lovehoney - Richard wrote:

Hi Sharry,

Yes, the rules still apply... You own the copyright to the design and you have rights - but you make the following commitment to us...

There is one prize of £1,000 cash for the winning entry.

In addition, LoveHoney may contact you (whether or not you are the winner) to discuss manufacturing and selling your design. You agree to talk to us in good faith about helping us with this and not to talk to any other sex toy manufacturer or retailer in the meantime.

Hope that answers your questions!

Richard

Thanks Richard. 

Just to clarify. There's no other payments to the designer other than the £1k prize, even if the toy ends up being a global success the likes of the Rabbit?

if only "sigh"

Mr Shoulders [sign in to see picture]

Where is the original competition page ?

Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]

Hi Mr Shoulders, here's the competition: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/design-a-sex-toy/

Sharry, the £1000 prize is awarded to the winner purely for winning the competition and does not automatically mean the toy would go into production.

If we decide we'd like to manufacture the toy, a spearate deal would be sought with the designer. This would be above and beyond the prize for winning the competition.

I know the designer of the Sqweel (who won the first DAST competition and went into production) makes a good income from the product now that it's being sold across the globe.

Lovehoney - Alice wrote:

Hi Mr Shoulders, here's the competition: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/design-a-sex-toy/

Sharry, the £1000 prize is awarded to the winner purely for winning the competition and does not automatically mean the toy would go into production.

If we decide we'd like to manufacture the toy, a spearate deal would be sought with the designer. This would be above and beyond the prize for winning the competition.

I know the designer of the Sqweel makes a good income from the product now that it's being sold across the globe.

Thanks Alice, much appreciated. Now all I have to do is win! 

Tromain [sign in to see picture]

Bah curse my brain! I have what in my head sounds like an amazing idea, spoke to my OH about it and even she agreed it sounded good, but every time I try and do the write up for the entry it never sounds right. It just ends up sounding like several existing toys combined together in a way that sounds awful..

Decided to try and do the picture first.. that was even worse then the write up!

*Sighs* Guess I'll give up on this now as I've been trying to get it right since the comp first started, starting to make me very depressed.

ghostgirl [sign in to see picture]

Tromain wrote:

Bah curse my brain! I have what in my head sounds like an amazing idea, spoke to my OH about it and even she agreed it sounded good, but every time I try and do the write up for the entry it never sounds right. It just ends up sounding like several existing toys combined together in a way that sounds awful..

Decided to try and do the picture first.. that was even worse then the write up!

*Sighs* Guess I'll give up on this now as I've been trying to get it right since the comp first started, starting to make me very depressed.

If you have explained it to your OH could she not write the first draft fot the entry? Sometimes makes it easier if a second person has imput.

xGGx

Haha we gave that a go GG and her draft ended up making it sound like something Rambo would use on an enemy rather then a toy!

Mr Monster [sign in to see picture]

Tromain wrote:

Haha we gave that a go GG and her draft ended up making it sound like something Rambo would use on an enemy rather then a toy!

????

Now I'm intrigued - does it explode?

Since I've given up someone else can take the idea if they wish, it's basicaly a mix of the squeel and the tenga flip hole stroker, the squeel tongues would be inside and be connected to a mini bullet vibe. Attached speed control for the tongues and intensity control for the vibe.

Now why couldn't I write it like that when I could be bothered with trying? Still doesn;t sound as great as the idea in my head, but it's closest I've come so far..

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.