• Lovehoney VIP code issue

WandA [sign in to see picture]

I recently placed an order using a VIP code and received the wrong item, well it was the right item only it wasn't advertised as described and made by a different company than claimed.

Now the problem is that if I return the item I can't have a refund since I used a VIP code and 'I don't have any money to credit back', I'd be spending the same but not getting anything else in return since the item was only £5. I do have the option of using it as part credit for something else but rather annoyingly I've already purchased what I want and being only £5 there is nothing I actually want or I can send the whole order back.

Apart from being quite hacked off at having three non-solutions I'm wondering if the VIP code would be better formatted if it was changed to avoid problems like mine? It seems a bit counter-intuitive for a returning customer to have such a problem and end up feeling a bit cheated. Would it not be better to get 20% off all orders over £50 or something (as the code now effectively is) so that if the cost of an item is refunded the 20% can still be applied to the other items? This also would have saved me making two £40 orders, I split the order just to use the code.

Thoughts on the VIP code as a whole (it's often discussed in a how does it work but not what we actually think of it) or thoughts on the practice would be appreciated.

Thread closed

This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.