• Royal Mail Special Delivery vs Parcel Force

Lovehoney - The Professor [sign in to see picture]

Hello hello! It's a very fluid situation and we are trying our very best to keep on top of things, but as of today (20 December) Royal Mail (who we use for all our First Class and Special Deliveries) have basically said "we will deliver as promised to *most* places but not everywhere."

So we have had to withdraw our guarantee for Christmas Deliveries, but unless you live in the affected areas listed on our help page, it will *probably* be OK.

The help page is here: http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/christmas-deliveries/. We will be updating it daily.

Switching to other couriers we can do, but they will be no more effective than Royal Mail, and probably worse. If anyone tells you they can guarantee you Christmas delivery from now on, they either fibbing or they plan to bring it round personally. (!)

Getting back to the actual title of this thread, I genuinely think Royal Mail Special Delivery is a brilliant service that is WAY better than anything else on offer at the moment. We wouldn't use it otherwise.

Thanks

The Prof

Nymeria [sign in to see picture]

I agree Royal Mail is a great service and very reliable especially within the UK.

I wanted to ask if there will be any disruptions to the international mailing services like FedEX to the US? I don't want any delays in a package I want to send via LH..

xXx

BashfulBabe [sign in to see picture]

Just like to point out I splurged some Oh Points last week and am in the affected areas, it was dispatched Tuesday and arrived Friday, so while a little longer than the normal "next day even though we say 2-5", it was still on time. So, while it's obviously better to order as early as possible to allow for delays, being in one of the 'bad' areas doesn't mean it's definite that yours will get held up.

sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]

i'm apparently in an affected area, and theres not much snow at all. if they can get the van to us to deliver cards, they can certainly deliver the parcel ive ordered.

still patience is a virtue i guess!

Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]

LoveHoney - The Professor wrote:

Getting back to the actual title of this thread, I genuinely think Royal Mail Special Delivery is a brilliant service that is WAY better than anything else on offer at the moment. We wouldn't use it otherwise.

Thanks

The Prof

I'm actually really glad to read this Prof! I refuse to buy from most online companies because you pay through the nose for postage and then it's some unreliable courier service that *they* think is better than the risk of strike action with Royal Mail.

I'd rather have the option to pay less for supposedly unreliable Royal Mail because I think they're way more reliable than the lot of them and if you miss the parcel at least you can collect it easily!!

Very happy that LH will be sticking with Royal Mail for the forseeable future :D

Adx

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Alicia D'amore wrote:

LoveHoney - The Professor wrote:

Thanks

The Prof

I'm actually really glad to read this Prof! I refuse to buy from most online companies because you pay through the nose for postage and then it's some unreliable courier service that *they* think is better than the risk of strike action with Royal Mail.

I'd rather have the option to pay less for supposedly unreliable Royal Mail because I think they're way more reliable than the lot of them and if you miss the parcel at least you can collect it easily!!

Very happy that LH will be sticking with Royal Mail for the forseeable future :D

Adx

I'm biased but I've never had any problems with Royal Mail.

It's when you get told to be at home from 6am Tues to 10pm Fri or drive to the arse end of Cornwall to collect a parcel I get annoyed. I also get annoyed when it turns out it's just some fella in a car who delivers it. RM are reliable for me, have various options and are pretty much on most people's doorstep.

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Avrielle_Aniko wrote:

Well, thankyou for the clear up on the situation. I thought it was a bit ambitious to predict that orders will be guarenteed to arrive in time for christmas... Guess I'll leave the Tenga Egg for now and get it another time. (Valentines day?)

Save up for a big order to use a code or something if waiting until Feb...

Bonny made mention of the sale recently...

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.