• Royal Mail Special Delivery vs Parcel Force

    1292326740
    MsEllie [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 212
    • Joined: 11 Nov 2010

    Just a quick querey.

    Normally when I place an order with LH with next-day delivery, its usually handled by royal mail special delivery. However this time its being delivered via parcelforce, and I was just wondering if there was a specific reason for the change?

    Usually royal mail manage to wake me up - often hammering on the door before 8am with my LHTrading package, however parcelforce seem to be taking their time about it all

    Just curious, not complaining, as its not 'late' I'm just impatient!!

    1292328456
    Alicia D'amore [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 4261
    • Joined: 2 Feb 2008

    I hate all the postage companies. Royal Mail are so much more reliable and easier to collect if you miss them!

    Perhaps it's just for the Christmas period that they've swapped? Royal Mail are *swamped* at the minute with all the back log from the snow and the christmas post!

    Adx

    1292329453
    Ecksvie [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1442
    • Joined: 11 Jun 2009

    I know I've seen a notice when ordering saying that Royal Mail aren't doing a next day guarantee at the moment because of the snow, which might explain why LH are using other companies to deliver things.

    1292329989

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2830
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    royal mail (male) everytime

    1292331148
    Lovehoney - Matt O [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major
    • Posts: 50
    • Joined: 3 Sep 2010

    Hello Everyone!!

    We do normally use Royal Mail, but for heavy items we have to use Parcelforce. The Royal Mail can only take parcels up to a certain weigh limit .....to save the poor postman's back I am guessing!!!

    We have had a lot of problems with parcels arriving on time due to the bad weather, but things are now improving I am pleased to say and hopefully everybody will be getting their toys and presents very soon!!

    Do contact us if your parcel is late!!

    Thanks.

    1292331390
    MsEllie [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 212
    • Joined: 11 Nov 2010

    LoveHoney - Matt O wrote:

    Hello Everyone!!

    We do normally use Royal Mail, but for heavy items we have to use Parcelforce. The Royal Mail can only take parcels up to a certain weigh limit .....to save the poor postman's back I am guessing!!!

    Oh. Right. <cough>

    1292332885
    JakeH [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 396
    • Joined: 12 Jul 2008

    MsEllie wrote:

    LoveHoney - Matt O wrote:

    Hello Everyone!!

    We do normally use Royal Mail, but for heavy items we have to use Parcelforce. The Royal Mail can only take parcels up to a certain weigh limit .....to save the poor postman's back I am guessing!!!

    Oh. Right. <cough>

    Hehehe - the Challenge?

    1292333057
    MsEllie [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 212
    • Joined: 11 Nov 2010

    Jake of Facts and Friction wrote:

    MsEllie wrote:

    LoveHoney - Matt O wrote:

    Hello Everyone!!

    We do normally use Royal Mail, but for heavy items we have to use Parcelforce. The Royal Mail can only take parcels up to a certain weigh limit .....to save the poor postman's back I am guessing!!!

    Oh. Right. <cough>

    Hehehe - the Challenge?

    Indeed, It still hasn't arrived, bloody parcelforce!

    1292334521
    MsEllie [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 212
    • Joined: 11 Nov 2010

    Out of curiousity I checked the max weight for special delivery.

    10kg.

    Good god what have I done?!

    1292335091
    toycar69 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 774
    • Joined: 13 Jul 2010

    It could be that they are having difficulty getting to your door. Is there easy access for this type of vehicle?

    http://www.the-rocketman.com/rocket_truck_lrg.jpg

    1292335362
    MsEllie [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 212
    • Joined: 11 Nov 2010

    bwaahahahah thanks rocket :P

    1292335383
    MsEllie [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 212
    • Joined: 11 Nov 2010

    thanks toycar. See?! rockets on the brain

    1292337694

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2830
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    Hope you get a rocket in your pocket by tonight Ellie xx

    1292342390
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7876
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    ParcelForce are part of Royal Mail (and an elite crimefighting unit too). Anyone remember when they rebranded as 'Consignia'? Great move that was...

    1292342841
    MsEllie [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Brigadier
    • Posts: 212
    • Joined: 11 Nov 2010

    Its still not bloody arrived, I've made myself feel worse by reading all the "ParcelFarce" complaints and reviews where stuff didnt arrive, was days late or delivered to total strangers

    1292343387
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7876
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    MsEllie wrote:

    Its still not bloody arrived, I've made myself feel worse by reading all the "ParcelFarce" complaints and reviews where stuff didnt arrive, was days late or delivered to total strangers

    Just be happy for the stranger now bouncing up and down on your big dildo.

    1292345104

    [suspended user]

    suspended user
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2830
    • Joined: 30 Oct 2008

    MsEllie wrote:

    Its still not bloody arrived, I've made myself feel worse by reading all the "ParcelFarce" complaints and reviews where stuff didnt arrive, was days late or delivered to total strangers

    maybe under investigation by parcel force thinking it was a dangerous weapon

    1292802221
    sweetlove666 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 2295
    • Joined: 17 Nov 2008

    i absolutley detest parcelforce.

    ive ordered from other companies before ( coffee companies) and parcel force doesn't even bother to attempt to deliver the parcels. at least with royal mail they attempt and then leave a card most of the time.

    1292863587
    Lovehoney - Alice [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1773
    • Joined: 19 Jul 2010
    1292864283
    WandA [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 7876
    • Joined: 28 Nov 2007

    Well I never knew there was a ZE postcode!

    I'm hoping my parcel turns up, I expect it will given it was promptly dispatched and we've still received post everyday as normal. I must also remember to tip the postie...

    Thread closed

    This thread is closed, so no new messages can be posted.