• Deal of the Day

Pinkilious [sign in to see picture]

i missed this one i got the email but had no time to get it most upset : ( mayb it will be back soon!

chipNroll [sign in to see picture]

I dithered about too much aswell and ended up missing out, be interesting to read some reviews though:)

WandA [sign in to see picture]

Hello Steve,

Although I noticed I'm sure a few people will fail to pick up the freebies on the DOTD instead of price reduction. You may want to make it clearer for people as I'm sure a few people will miss.

WandA wrote:

Hello Steve,

Although I noticed I'm sure a few people will fail to pick up the freebies on the DOTD instead of price reduction. You may want to make it clearer for people as I'm sure a few people will miss.

I agree- took me a little while to spot the 'deal'

[suspended user]

suspended user

chipNroll wrote:

WandA wrote:

Hello Steve,

I agree- took me a little while to spot the 'deal'

yeah me too still looking so what was it anyway?

suze9 [sign in to see picture]

I never even got the email this time, have re-set it as that worked last time but the 'deal' does need to be clearer xxx

Lovehoney - Steve [sign in to see picture]

Hi, soz the mail didn't go out - some techo probs with our provider - investigation imminent.

WandA - unfortunately due to design-and-sucking-in-other-products technology I can't add the pic of the freebie that comes with the deal.

Also, as much as I'd like to use the word FREE it affects spam filters for the daily mail.

The idea behind using something plus something free means I can use more betterer products on deals of the day - and I can do more deals for men and couples.

We'll continue to tweak design where poss but please do read the bit that tells you what extra you're getting!

Ok Steve. Interesting idea, I'll be watching to see how the new format pans out!

Wizzie86 [sign in to see picture]

I like this idea. It's an extra incentive to buy things you want. It does take an eagle eye to currently spot what you are getting free though (especially on mobile) x

Rightyo, from tomorrow I'll be using FREE in shouty capitals to make it as obvious as possible what you're getting.

Anyone who's on the deal of the day mailout list... if you don't get yours and you find it in your spam box, please yellup loudly!

I'll try and keep the deals varied and at different price points.

I used to Book of the Month on Deal of the Day about five times a month in ye olde days.

Yeah!

(Oh, okay.)

Wizzie86 wrote:

I like this idea. It's an extra incentive to buy things you want. It does take an eagle eye to currently spot what you are getting free though (especially on mobile) x

Hey Wizzie86... when you said eagle eye - you mean it doesn't even mention what you get with it!

Thanks for the spot... shadowy, white-coated boffin is pressing and pulling things as I type! x

Hehe... I know I must sound like a pain in teh bum Steve but it's what's best for LH. Honest.

LoveHoney - Steve wrote:

Wizzie86 wrote:

Hey Wizzie86... when you said eagle eye - you mean it doesn't even mention what you get with it!

Thanks for the spot... shadowy, white-coated boffin is pressing and pulling things as I type! x

You had to load the full thing to be able to see the offer. Just trying to help :-) x

MissTerryCleavage [sign in to see picture]

Be interested to see what fancy way you have found to get around the use of the word 'free'. I have to e-market in my role & 'free' is a huge no-no due to spam filters & possible spam reporting...

Looking forward to seeing different DOTD too, altho I am a big fan of old fashioned price reductions even if my purse could do with a rest....

Hi MST...

I haven't got a way of getting around it! I do spend a lot of time despamming our mails and I want to see whether it still gets though tomorrow!

If it doesn't, new graphics will appear!

I'll do the occasional price reduction on the deals - nothing wrong with that, I just felt we were getting a bit stale and there wasn't enough for men and couples...

If you want to get around the word can't you just turn the word into a graphic and have a big shiny FREE button?

todays one wasn't for me, but I'm looking forward to seeing what deals there are coming up:). hoping there'll be some dress-up/lingerie involved too

WandA wrote:

If you want to get around the word can't you just turn the word into a graphic and have a big shiny FREE button?

Thats what I was thinking WandA - making the 'free' an image rather than text. You could also call it something like today's bonus item rather than free item. Today's extra special bonus item will be automatically added to your basic for nothing when you buy the DOTD....

Wizzie86 wrote:

WandA wrote:

Thats what I was thinking WandA - making the 'free' an image rather than text. You could also call it something like today's bonus item rather than free item. Today's extra special bonus item will be automatically added to your basic for nothing when you buy the DOTD....

When do we start our well paid LH jobs again Wizz?

WandA wrote:

Wizzie86 wrote:

WandA wrote:

When do we start our well paid LH jobs again Wizz?

I'm sure they'll let us know when they want us

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.