• Where's secret squirrel tester? :(

Shadow Collector [sign in to see picture]

Scorpius12 wrote:

bondagegod wrote:

I was waiting to see what you would reply Leanne. Very well said. It does feel frustrating when you see posts like this regarding testing.

+1

+2

PurpleHeart [sign in to see picture]

I've really enjoyed the secret testers recently Leanne. Especially when they were connected to the fun questionnaires on here . There's always going to be someone disliking something and I've been guilty of that too but I'm sure 99% of the people on here will agree that you are doing a fab job :).

NaughtyNerd [sign in to see picture]

I recently got a tester for the first time and I was completely over the moon. I feel very privileged.

I have always been really honest in my reviews and will continue to be so.

Gentle giant [sign in to see picture]

Squirrel is busy gobbling nuts.

RosyCheek [sign in to see picture]

I think the tester selection process on here is fantastic. Your "average" company will send to bloggers and the experienced. Lovehoney has chosen me on a few occasions, a sex toy newbie, for that I feel privileged and thankful. On my reviews I never mention I received anything to test incase someone thinks my review is biased as "oh well she got it for free she has to like it". I have written negative reviews for tester items that have been approved. I think negative reviews help just as much as positive.

Chin up Leanne, you can't please everyone but you do an amazing job 😘

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

When I started blogging way over 5 years back, Lovehoney was one of the only companies who would send out free testers. It took years of other companies realising that it was a good way to find out what people wanted as well as spread the word of their products.

Working in the adult industry on my levels, I can also see that not only are testers generally picked due to whether or not a product type will suit their sexual preferences and life style, they are picked sometimes due to becuase their content will relate to those who may be interested in the item. It's not about writing a good review, or having loads of reviews, it's about getting the right feedback. For example there's no point sending an extreme BDSM item when someone is just going to write 'yuck, I can't believe people are into this', instead they send it to someone they know have used similar products before or have stated an interest in those products.

I think many people are lucky now being selected with so many types of toys, companies, etc on offer. =)

Ok this bits a bit big headed, but part of the reason so many items are sent for free now by companies is also partly due to the hard work of many bloggers, the time and effort in the past reviewers have put into it. Not just mine of course, but it's those reliable bloggers who started it on their own buying products and raising the questions regarding free sample that has made it even more possible.

So my advice is, time, effort, honest, all pays off when being selected for reviews. And if you're unhappy with not being selected for freebies, post / blog reviews of your already own items, and even seek out other companies if you want freebies (although many will judge whether or not to by reading your past reviews and profiles).

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

Leanne, I'm a bit out of the loop and I didn't realise the secret testing procedure has changed. Does this mean we can no longer put our names forward on the forums for something, do we now have to wait to be selected via email or is it a bit of both?

I also think this thread is a real shame. I've always felt incredibly lucky to be chosen as a tester for anything, sometimes I've loved the products and other times I haven't, but I've always appreciated the opportunity to give Lovehoney my honest feedback. That's the way I choose to look at it anyway, rather than getting stuff for free.

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Boogaloo wrote:

Leanne, I'm a bit out of the loop and I didn't realise the secret testing procedure has changed. Does this mean we can no longer put our names forward on the forums for something, do we now have to wait to be selected via email or is it a bit of both?

It's a bit of both really. Now you have become active again, after your break ( Hope all is well) You will soon see how these emails work. It just means I can give far more product info away from a public domain smiley

There are still many tester forum posts, as you know from recent selection. They are still posted and stay up for a good 24-48 hours. The tester list is still active and used. 

*******************************************************************************************

Thank you all for your comments.

Lady Ness that is spot on, we need the right expertise for some items to get the right feedback we need. No point sending a dialator to someone who does not know to use sterile lube and how to do it , potentially causing harm to our reviewer too :(... Sometimes we sought out beginner feedback all depends on the product. 

Loulou25 [sign in to see picture]

When I was first picked to review some secret testers a couple of months ago I felt very privileged and lucky, I would never expect to be sent any items and would never dream of leaving fake glowing reviews just to try and increase my chances of getting picked again.

When I am ordering an item I always read both positive and negative reviews to get a good feel for the product and then decide whether it is suitable for me or not.

Posts like this are both upsetting and annoying and unfortunately it seems to be more and more common in all aspects of life, a lot of people expect things for nothing and will do anything to try and get it.

Lil_Red_Kinkyboots [sign in to see picture]

I think some may have misunderstood or maybe I didn't explain myself very well. (Probably the latter)

I will always be honest but I hate being negative, that's all I was trying to say 😊 and I do get a bit of a guilt trip as I don't want to come across as ungrateful. I do know the negatives are as valuable as the positives though. I feel the same when I've purchased items too but that's just me. 😐

Lil_Red_Kinkyboots wrote:

I think some may have misunderstood or maybe I didn't explain myself very well. (Probably the latter)

I will always be honest but I hate being negative, that's all I was trying to say 😊 and I do get a bit of a guilt trip as I don't want to come across as ungrateful. I do know the negatives are as valuable as the positives though. I feel the same when I've purchased items too but that's just me. 😐

I totally know what you mean , I just wanted everyone to know... Honesty is best policy 😉

Jezebella [sign in to see picture]

I think I missed the testers procedure changing a bit too. Is there anything extra we need to do? Or just carry on like normal and keep an eye out in case we get a special email? Thanks :)

Couple looking to spice things up [sign in to see picture]

Sorry but I can't help but say it. Instead of coming on to the forum for a freebie why don't you spend more time reviewing the products you own? Now I don't want to cause any offence but it gets tiresome seeing threads slating the tester program.

I'm honoured whenever I'm selected. I've recieved some products I would have never been able to get my hands on. I always leave an honest review and I hope others do also. I'd be a little p*ssed off if I bought a product described and an absolute 'powerhouse' if infact it was as week as the £1. I trust the reviews I read. Keep up the good work all 😘.

ThrowMeToTheLesbians [sign in to see picture]

SquirtyPanda wrote:

That's what secret testing is all about though..can't give a raving review just because you got it for free... it's for LH to see in first person view if it'll be a hit or not, good points and flaws and what you think can be improved, etc.

+1

I have felt slightly guilty lately for not exactly giving raving reviews for a couple of tester products I recieved, but Lovehoney don't want 5 star reviews for advertising purposes, they want honest and infomative reviews that can help their customers make an informed choice. There's only so much information a company can offer for a product if they've never actually tried them personally.

I've never tested for any other adult oriented company but Lovehoney do such an amazing job of selecting testers fairly that it saddens me to think that people just try and jump on the bandwagon to get 'freebies' and think they could leave a review along the lines of 'it's good, buy it'.

At least we know that Leanne and Co can weedle out the freebie hunters and spot those who genuinely wish to test and review what we're so graciously offered.

-TMTLM

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

Really hoping that this is one of those times that a poster has chosen a set of words without thinking it through properly and genuinely hasn't realised how their words could come across on the forum.

Personally we've felt very priviliged and honoured that we've been entrusted to review products for Lovehoney over the past year. There are so many other loyal customers and forum members who regularly review their own purchases and there's always lots of new up and coming members who are just starting out who also have expressed an interest on the tester list that we're genuinely amazed that we have been given the chance to review on so many occassions. It's never something that we would take for granted and we often don't put ourselves forward for things because as well as not always being suitable for an item, we feel that we have been really, really lucky and would like to give others a chance to review things too. It's a wonderful scheme that Lovehoney offer and it really must be disappointing when it is obvious that someone has taken advantage of it.

Leanne, you're doing a grand job and it is very much appreciated.

TheGoldenBalls [sign in to see picture]

Damn, I really didn't mean to upset you guys, yeah I guess it was a bad choice of words and I do apologise!

I didn't mean it to sound how it did.
    It was meant to show my concern but I do apologise.

Please don't feel less off me, and if it would be better, I'll delete this post.

Once again, I apologise

TheGoldenBalls [sign in to see picture]

Also just after reading more comments, I never give raving reviews, I always test it a few times before I write a review, I have to, what if I didn't use it properly the first time? Or if I wasn't in the mood properly?
    That could cloud ones judgement.

I always try and give my most honest review, if I had a great experience, you'll know if you read my comment. If I didn't enjoy it, you would also know.

I hope I can clear my stupidity up, I didn't mean it as I only come here for free items, I don't, I want to test to help others find the right toy/gear as myself are one to read before purchase and so I know how importanat honest reviews are.

I guess I've screwed it up for myself but it won't stop me from buying what I need and giving reviews in those items.

Tiger Dick [sign in to see picture]

I'd like to think that if you've had an unfullfilling experience with a toy that yoy might like to put it away for a short while, revisit it and see if the 2nd impression is the same the 2 time round. Clearly only yourselves can only answer that, and for many, time is oh so short - I get that.

Sometimes expectation can over-reach reality, and for that alone, a second chance based on the lower delivery may actually garner a better impression of that intial view of the product.

The bottom line is that it is a personal thing, no right or wrong, except in our own world...

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

lmh95 It's a wonderful scheme that Lovehoney offer and it really must be disappointing when it is obvious that someone has taken advantage of it.

Sorry TheGolden balls. I hope you didn't think that this sentence was aimed at you. It wasn't. It was a general comment about how it must be horrible when Lovehoney have trusted people to take the time to thoroughly test a product and all its functions fully and then to write a quality review with honest first hand observations about whether they liked and would recommend the product to others or not, pros, cons, fit, quality and recommendations for use, improvement suggestions etc and all that they get is a rushed couple of lines that could have been written by anybody, that has basically just been taken from the product description with no additional useful information at all to other customers and it is obvious that all that person really wanted was something for nothing as no effort has gone into it at all. Thankfully, though I don't think that happens very often and I'm sure Leanne and co can suss out people pretty quickly and put a stop to any "freeloading" going on. Your thread title I think was fine. To my mind you were genuinely just wondering where Leanne was as you had missed the squirrel posts when you were on the forum but I think that "grab a freebie" was the unfortunate phrase that got people's backs up. I've seen similar wording used before by others that I thought would have known better and was a bit shocked but hopefully there's been no real harm done and things can move on again :)

Hey GoldenBalls

Thank you for popping back on to explain. Sorry this was taken in the manner it has been. 

As you can imagine we do get a fair amount of testers after a freebie and I appreciate this may be just a poor chocie of words here. In a way I am glad it did come about as it has cleared up a few niggles and reasons why I email testers directly.

The community, bloggers and reviewers work really hard as well us at HQ to make the reviews what they are. It is just upsetting when people want to abuse that system. 

Do look out for emails, forum posts and the tester list for anyone that wants to help feedback on the items we stock or may stock. 

I am still about and as you can see from my profile I have ben posting all over the place, thank you for the concern :) 

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.