• Christmas range...

kittencub [sign in to see picture]

I'd love one but it's for couples and we don't get intimate enough due to health reasons.

Mizzchevi0us [sign in to see picture]

Anyone els noticed the advent calendar has suddenly changed price to £120? When it was £100 yesterday

Shadow Collector [sign in to see picture]

Mizzchevi0us wrote:

Anyone els noticed the advent calendar has suddenly changed price to £120? When it was £100 yesterday

Yeah, I was surprisd by that too

lovingnewtoys [sign in to see picture]

Mizzchevi0us wrote:

Yep but wasn't sure enough to comment - old lady brain doesn't always remeber things too well lol xxx

AsYouWish! [sign in to see picture]

I would still think it is worth it. We added up the cost of the items individually and it would cost a fortune to make one of these yourself!
    Mr Sub (aka Grinch) was being his usual challenging self with his estimate.

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

Mine just arrived. Some of the stuff on one side had fallen out so I already know what is behind a couple of the doors. Looks good so far, although I wish I hadn't seen what was behind door 24 already! (I'm going to pretend to Tom that I haven't)

Stick it back on! It is a shame that the surprise is gone.

I thought it was really classy. Don't you agree?

Jezebella [sign in to see picture]

NatandTom wrote:

Mine just arrived. Some of the stuff on one side had fallen out so I already know what is behind a couple of the doors. Looks good so far, although I wish I hadn't seen what was behind door 24 already! (I'm going to pretend to Tom that I haven't)

Oh no! Erase your memory! Hopefully the rest will still be a surprise...
    Shadow Collector [sign in to see picture]

Jezebella wrote:

NatandTom wrote:

Jezebella, I know you got to test this one out (read the review- congrats on the win!)

Just wondering, I have a very established collection and am worried that I'd be wasting money getting this one. Is it worth it for those who already have a collection?

Jezebella [sign in to see picture]

Shadow Collector wrote:

Jezebella wrote:

NatandTom wrote:

Jezebella, I know you got to test this one out (read the review- congrats on the win!)

Just wondering, I have a very established collection and am worried that I'd be wasting money getting this one. Is it worth it for those who already have a collection?

It's tricky to say... with a collection the size of yours it's really unlikely you won't already have similar items (perhaps even better quality) to at least some of the ones in the calendar. So I guess I'll say the same as I said to bondage god, if you're just after a lot of toys at discount it's probs not the best for someone with your sized collection (although don't get me wrong, it's definitely worth a lot more than the price tag, if you love and will use everything), however if you love surprises and would like a little sexy gift everyday that you can use with your partner then it's fantastic. It really is more to do with how you'd approach it I reckon. Anyone with smaller collections I'd say go for it. Hope this is helpful x

Has anyone seen any other good advent calendars this year (non competition only)? My OH has high expectations after trying the Lovehoney one. 🙁

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

The Christmas tab is back 😄

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

👍. Yay for Christmas tab. 🎄

Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]

Cool its back

mre [sign in to see picture]

well our advent box arrived today, first impression were good, nice job on the look of the box, the purple colours and branding all look great and Christmassy.

Unfortunately the inside of the box isnt so great. Maybe we were unlucky but the left side of the insert (so the side with number 24) had come loose and so you could see some of the products :(

I'm thinking that its the weight of the contents pressing against the card and the card just isnt strong enough to withold the weight.

My advice to anyone getting it is to try and keep the box flat and open it with the front of the box - which would be the left hand side if stood up) facing downwards. The right hand side seems lighter and so probably wont have the same issue.

This will let you, hopefully, open the box without the card insert moving around and give you a chance to check that its all in place without seeing anything under the card.

So a bit of an irritation in that the suprise on some days has been lost but it still looks a great thing and we were just unlucky with a dodgy box I hope.

Now if December would only get here a bit quicker please so we can start opening doors properly because some of them feel really interesting through the card! We're already playing "guess the content" on some days :D

honeybun91 [sign in to see picture]

The advent Calender is now £120 instead of £100!?

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

mre wrote:

well our advent box arrived today, first impression were good, nice job on the look of the box, the purple colours and branding all look great and Christmassy.

Unfortunately the inside of the box isnt so great. Maybe we were unlucky but the left side of the insert (so the side with number 24) had come loose and so you could see some of the products :(

I'm thinking that its the weight of the contents pressing against the card and the card just isnt strong enough to withold the weight.

My advice to anyone getting it is to try and keep the box flat and open it with the front of the box - which would be the left hand side if stood up) facing downwards. The right hand side seems lighter and so probably wont have the same issue.

This will let you, hopefully, open the box without the card insert moving around and give you a chance to check that its all in place without seeing anything under the card.

So a bit of an irritation in that the suprise on some days has been lost but it still looks a great thing and we were just unlucky with a dodgy box I hope.

Now if December would only get here a bit quicker please so we can start opening doors properly because some of them feel really interesting through the card! We're already playing "guess the content" on some days :D

This happened to mine too, I covered it in my review - I also let LH know but guess it wasn't enough time to fix it; i suppose they were manufactured some considerable time ago now

AsYouWish! wrote:

Has anyone seen any other good advent calendars this year (non competition only)? My OH has high expectations after trying the Lovehoney one. 🙁

M&S have a cosmetics type one - it's on offer at £35 when you spend £35, claiming the contents are worth £140+ Apparently there's a glitch whereby you can get it for only spending £17.50 - HUKD had it

Lady Ness [sign in to see picture]

Sum Sub wrote:

mre wrote:

This happened to mine too, I covered it in my review - I also let LH know but guess it wasn't enough time to fix it; i suppose they were manufactured some considerable time ago now

I guess an insert of foam may of helped prevent this too?

Lady Ness wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

mre wrote:

I guess an insert of foam may of helped prevent this too?

The two faces butt up against each other when closed, with a single sheet of paper separating the two. The problem is that the facia goes right to teh edge of the moulded plastic, which is so tightly fitting that the simple act of opening it causes you to jerk the box, which, since the front side is heavier causes pressure on the facia, which as it's affixed with substandard glue to too small a surface area causes the facia to come to lose.

My advice would be to open it backwards, and once open, keep it open.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.