• Christmas range...

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

Sum Sub wrote:

Lovebirds_x wrote:

Wow, the advent calander looks pretty stunning. Would love to know what's inside, but since there's no way I'll have £100 to blow before it sells out I'll just keep checking in here to see if any hints are dropped :p

i know :P

I know you know, you think I wouldn't check out the reviews for hints? :p

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

Lovebirds_x wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

Lovebirds_x wrote:

Wow, the advent calander looks pretty stunning. Would love to know what's inside, but since there's no way I'll have £100 to blow before it sells out I'll just keep checking in here to see if any hints are dropped :p

i know :P

I know you know, you think I wouldn't check out the reviews for hints? :p

We were under strict instructions to not divulge the contents - Leanne would take away our nuts...!

mre [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

mre wrote:

Didn't spot this thread on my phone so posted elsewhere about it..oops sorry!

Anyhow..I showed Mrse this and managed to use a 25% voucher so it's on its way to us. Can't wait till December now as this will really fit with the "all about us" theme we have going on this year.

A bit nervous about what might be inside but we're definitely going to try it all out.

I really hope the calender helps with some 'us' time for you both.

Judging by the reviews so far and the contents I am sure it will not disappoint.

Do let us know what you think once you have it.

Enjoy!

Will do! Last Christmas wasnt a great one so this year we're really making it about just the two of us. I'm actually pretty impressed that the mrs said yes to getting this. Still browsing for other naughty treats for Christmas.....

bondagegod wrote:

Really thought lovehoney would sell it £40 sum sub? Your review indicates the items are really good in the calendar and sounds like good toys that would be worth more than just £40.

I'm ever an optimist Mr God. This is probably why I never buy anything - since pretty much everything is way overpriced in my eyes. Take away that door number 24 and yes I think £40 is about right.

It is a brilliant idea, and there are vast numbers of people out there who this will be an absolutely ideal way of building their collection, but £100 in the run-up to Christmas is a massive outlay. There are things in it we didn't own, and we will keep a couple of them. I tried to make my review clear that I thought it was good for newbies. The contents may be "worth" £150 - but I wonder how much you'd actually pay for them given the regularity of offers on the items that are in the box. Plus at full price, you get proper packaging and whatnot.

I think I'd rather pay £40 for the 23 items and then choose my own 24th for £60.

PurpleHeart [sign in to see picture]

Are we ever going to find out what's inside though? :) I really can't afford this at this time but my curiosity is killing me. 😂😂😂😂😅

PurpleHeart wrote:

Are we ever going to find out what's inside though? :) I really can't afford this at this time but my curiosity is killing me. 😂😂😂😂😅

I'll tell you on 25th December,

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

Thanks for the reply sum sub. The advent calendar is a great idea and I would love to purchase one. Them I'm thinking would I get duplicates, I've had thought what the award winning vibe could be. If it wasn't what i was thinking then would we be disappointed. I'm sure lovehoney will have new toys and lingerie on before Christmas. So would I rather pay out on what I know I'm getting or pay for surprises treat. Really am in two minds what to do.

Jezebella [sign in to see picture]

bondagegod wrote:

Thanks for the reply sum sub. The advent calendar is a great idea and I would love to purchase one. Them I'm thinking would I get duplicates, I've had thought what the award winning vibe could be. If it wasn't what i was thinking then would we be disappointed. I'm sure lovehoney will have new toys and lingerie on before Christmas. So would I rather pay out on what I know I'm getting or pay for surprises treat. Really am in two minds what to do.

Personally I loved it, but a lot of the reason why was being close to and exploring with my husband. I was impressed with the quality because I was expecting a lot from the basics range and that wasn't the case at all. Saying that, we didn't know the price tag when we wrote the review. What I would say is if you already have a lot of toys and £100 is a lot of money to you, it might not be worth it. However if your collection is small or you want to use the calendar as an excuse to get intimate with one another in different ways it's perfect for that. put another way, If you are thinking about it as a way to get a lot of toys cheaply this may be not quite right for you. If you love surprises and excuses for a variety of sexual play it could be perfect. I also disagree with Sub about the 23 items only being worth £40, that's definitely not true. The difficulty may come if you don't like half of them, which is always a gamble. Hope this is helpful.

The trouble with the word worth is that it means different things to different people. By retail price they are "worth" more than £40, but in my opinion £40 is a fair price for them given that you have no packaging and no choice - and that is their worth to me.

PurpleHeart [sign in to see picture]

Sum Sub wrote:

PurpleHeart wrote:

I'll tell you on 25th December,

I'll remember this 😉
    lovingnewtoys [sign in to see picture]

Where did 'Christmas' go in the top banner?

Appears to have neen replaced by FSOG - is Christmas over already?

Xxx

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Ok so the Christmas tab will be back - we are making a few tweaks to it so watch out ! 

*bump* 

mre [sign in to see picture]

Sum Sub wrote:

The trouble with the word worth is that it means different things to different people. By retail price they are "worth" more than £40, but in my opinion £40 is a fair price for them given that you have no packaging and no choice - and that is their worth to me.

As a recent purchaser my thoughts were: This looks fun This will be a good way for us to try out new things We like the suspense of one item a day and not knowing what the item will be So for us the value is in the excitement of the packaging, the unknown items and the fact that there will be things we wouldn't think of perhaps buying but might find we love...I already have a couple of things I really hope are there that I will try if they are but probably wouldn't buy on their own due to shyness/embarrassment You are right though that what we think of as value and worth it will be different to others.
    lovingnewtoys [sign in to see picture]

Ok so the Christmas tab will be back - we are making a few tweaks to it so watch out !

*bump*

Sorry - missed earlier post xx

mre wrote:

Sum Sub wrote:

That's what I loved about it too, hope you enjoy :)

Wow, my phone messed that up spectacularly. I meant to reply to mre saying I hope they enjoy the calendar, and I loved the excitement aspect of it too :)

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

Thank you for the reply Jezebella. Yes your comment does help and the advent calendar sounds like it was perfect for you and your husband.

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

Love the look of the advent calendar. The reviews make it sound lots of fun and I'm very intrigued by the "award winning toy" it contains.

Hope everyone who gets one loves it :)

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

This is so cute

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=36904

Love the darker shade of red and the cape. So pretty 😍

kittencub [sign in to see picture]

*bump*

I noticed this as well.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.