• Let's have a chat about our forum...Battle of the threads!

wildflower [sign in to see picture]

It does already look a lot better and I think a cull was necessary to be honest.
    Good work Leanne :)

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

I think its had to come tbh .Like I said before many of the problem threads which tend to be one of a kind threads and IMO more important than the game threads ,got lost amongst the game threads and perhaps unseen by sone nembers .I know I missed a few this way but thankfully great advice was already been given on those.

The,new rant thread will probably receive a lot of traffic as many do have things to rant about so it will be interesting to see how this pans out.

Has anyone else noticed that their post count has gone down due to Leannes cull ?I think I have lost a couple of hundred and this isn't the Get It Off Support Thread lol

Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]

I lost about 100 due to the butcher lol

But the forum is looking tidy :) so all is good

Sxleksaker [sign in to see picture]

Mine too, I was excited to get to 3000 but now I have to post some more until then lol 😄

Caliente [sign in to see picture]

I don't think I've lost that many. Not sure. I don't post very much, though. Very little in the off-topic threads. Perhaps I should start playing games lol.

wildflower [sign in to see picture]

Think I've lost a few hundred but it's a necessary sacrifice :)

RosyCheek [sign in to see picture]

The forums already seem a lot cleaner if that makes sense. It feels more group like and less like you're butting into someone's conversation with a different conversation. I did worry at times it would look like a sign of disrespect jumping in with something unrelated to a discussion.

It's a hard job looking after forums, for every one you delete there will be twice as many being created .

But Leanne has done a great job so far ;)

Leanne should be awarded the Golden Squirrel Award .

MysticalMayhem [sign in to see picture]

I always felt that if I had a rant or a moan, no one would reply if it wasn't that bad, and replies were being focussed more on "real" problems and regular posters. And the depression in me wants a reply. Sounds silly I know. And it's probably unintentionally happened this way, But I've been ignored a few times by the new regulars on here and I think a clean up of threads would be good. And it would be good to start afresh. Poor Leanne seems to have a lot of work to do >.<

But now it seems there's waaaay too many rules on posting making me scared to post at all. I'm glad I've taken the decision to leave the forum. What once was a happy place is now fast becoming a competitive race to be the most popular and in turn it's creating more rules to follow.

I think in the new rant thread on page one there should be some links to help websites. As much of the rantage is all around either money, stress or depression. It's just an idea but it might help someone.

I used to have over 8k posts on my old account. Opened this one when I felt ready to return and I just don't feel like I fit in any more. I miss the fun and messing around and general chat with the odd rant here and there. It's become a very serious place to post. I loved it here as my little escape from real life.

Ah well. There's my two pennies worth and I'm sorry if I accidentally offend anyone with this post.

Couple looking to spice things up [sign in to see picture]

MM!!! Hope you're well. Xx

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

There is no more rules than usual , I am sorry if you all feel there is . The standard rules still apply.

Posting on the correct topic is one that has not been followed and has meant we have been left with several areas on the same discussion.

We are a business before a forum and this area is a free place to talk toys, sex, products , the site with a mix of fun and games. The first part seems to have been lost so what is the point in the forum linked to a retail site anymore?

Not everyone will be happy with my decision but I have had to make it as the first two pages of the forum was filled with the same discussions and the same games repeated in other wording. There was simply no sexual advise, no sex toy topics and nothing going on about the site. We started stickys to help but it simply did not work so it took some drastic action. 

The forum can be as serious or as fun as you guys make it. I did not see the point in 5 games running on the same basis and 4 threads on the same topic. No one is saying DO NOT HAVE FUN and no one is saying NO MORE GAMES. We are trying to make the great advise and topics far more accessable to you all. The search function is pants due to the amount it has clogged up.

I am sorry it has left some of you feeling you can not post or that you need to leave but I am glad I have done the clean up to allow for more open discussions to happen 

If anything I think its simplified things even for my brain .

If your unhappy got a rant then there is just one place to post it instead of deciding which of the 3 threads is appropriate.

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

Thanks for keeping the "good morning" thread Leanne and thanks very much for all your extra hard work this week. I hope todays selfie is of a job well done satisfied smile and no longer the wicked witch!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be avoiding the "Get it all out thread" like I tended to do previously with the rant thread. Please don't think I am avoiding anyone or don't care if you are ill or struggling because I haven't commented on that thread. I just find it all a bit too negative for me and draining. I really care about all of you but sometimes I get far too emotionally invested and it spills over into my real life so I know it's not a good place for me to be.

I much prefer to stick to the positive, informative, happy, lighthearted and fun side of the forum so I'll see you all in those parts of the forum. Happy hugs to all x

captainmeow [sign in to see picture]

Hi Leanne,

Thanks for doing what needs to be done, appreciate it! I noticed the Ask the Expert Sex Toy and Bondage thread that Jess did is missing now - is that coming back? Or is there an alternative thread? I found that quite useful to read thru and comment on as well.

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

captainmeow wrote:

Hi Leanne,

Thanks for doing what needs to be done, appreciate it! I noticed the Ask the Expert Sex Toy and Bondage thread that Jess did is missing now - is that coming back? Or is there an alternative thread? I found that quite useful to read thru and comment on as well.

Hi there. Here is the link for Jess' thread. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/1513465-ask-the-expert-bondage-and-better-sex/ The sticky has come off it but hopefully it will be put back. Hope this helps :)
    captainmeow [sign in to see picture]

lmh95 wrote:

captainmeow wrote:

Hi Leanne,

Hi there. Here is the link for Jess' thread. http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/1513465-ask-the-expert-bondage-and-better-sex/ The sticky has come off it but hopefully it will be put back. Hope this helps :)

Ahh alright thank you! Don't know why I couldn't find it :)

Time4fun [sign in to see picture]

Some of the posts on the "Off Topic Chat and Games" forum make me feel like an complete outsider that is trying to enter a close knit friendship group. I know this isn't intentional but I feel that if I was to comment I would be invading although I am trying to overcome this. For this reason I like the game posts as they feel more inclusive, although there is no point in having duplicates or too many.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.