• Let's have a chat about our forum...Battle of the threads!

NaughtyNerd [sign in to see picture]

Think stopping a newbie from posting for a certain amount of time goes against the ethos of it being a community. Why should a newbie be singled out when one of the reasons why they have joined might be to ask advice?
    More longer term members should welcome questions/queries from the newbies like me just as much as anyone else.

Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]

Yes sorry Thats true, maybe for just a day or so until they got the feel of the forum!

it was just a thought!

Throbinhood i get where you coming from when us newbies get a little lost. Can understand it can be annoying but stopping us posting may just delay the inevitable rather trying to get to the bottom of why/how we get it wrong in the first place.

It's a massive positive that we can ask people like your self questions before we jump in feet first and buy something ridiculous.

Sorry if I sound arsey...im a system testers (inc websites) by trade so can get a but over passionate when talking about the user journey on sites.

Well thats the beauty about forums, having debates lol

I quickly learnt my lesson after a very swift digital wrist slap by another member and went to the search bar with my tail between my legs. I won't make that mistake again! Lol

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

Throbinhood wrote:

Well thats the beauty about forums, having debates lol

That's something we do need to get better at. To have a decent debate you need someone to champion one side and another to champion the lets say less popular side. I have tried this in the past and championed the less popular side and had to wear a tin hat for my efforts ! Lol You may as well light the blue touch paper and stand well back.

Things get taken too personally even if its only an opinion that is stated.

Well theirs always 2 sides of an argument and you have to see it from both sides to find middle ground!

Yes sometimes in forums people can gang up on the least popular answer lol

You just have to remember we are all from different parts of the world, cultures, cities, towns, social backgrounds etc etc

glittergirl [sign in to see picture]

Ps ibhink stopping newbies almost seems very unwelcoming no matter how long for.
    Its almost like saying you can comep, you can watch but your new and don't have a right to speak till its established that you have aware how we work around here.
    I feel every one should be welcome equally.
    PS
    ... i know that's bot how you ment by it but how i think it would be taken and some .
    people wouldn't want to return if turned away for needing immediate help or advice making a wait would defect idea

glittergirl wrote:

Ps ibhink stopping newbies almost seems very unwelcoming no matter how long for.
    Its almost like saying you can comep, you can watch but your new and don't have a right to speak till its established that you have aware how we work around here.
    I feel every one should be welcome equally.
    PS
    ... i know that's bot how you ment by it but how i think it would be taken and some .
    people wouldn't want to return if turned away for needing immediate help or advice making a wait would defect idea

Thats True, I was aiming it at more the people that join, mess up the forum and then are never seen again lol

SquirtyPanda [sign in to see picture]

i always try my best to comment on every newbie thread and comment more than hello and welcome and try to answer a question if they ask etc, nothing worse putting out private thoughts and feeings and getting ignored.

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Thank you all for the posts so far.

I managed to remove 120 pages worth of off topic and games chat, that is either duplicated or no longer relevant yesterday. 

Next to tackle is the Inside Lovehoney part. 

I will be making a decision on these posts by the end of the week and I will make it as clear as possible what is removed , why and where to post. 

Facebook would be a no go from our point of view as sadly the twitter post had to be removed. Many of you know why and of not check this post out. 

In regards to limiting what newbies can post , this will also be a no go. What I tried to do recently was educate new members with direct emails rather than warnings. However there is only so many times you can explain the dynamics before warnings need to be made. 

Thank you all for understanding why I am doing this and I appreciate all the input. 

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

Many newbies tend to break the rules through naivety rather than intentional except of course those few that go bonkers at weekends .

I think we need to encourage newbies not restrict them as they will be the future lifeblood of the forum. So I think its right that some sort of leeway should be given .

Yes I agree it's just finding the right balance

Forums are good for throwing around ideas

:)

glittergirl [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

Thank you all for the posts so far.

I managed to remove 120 pages worth of off topic and games chat, that is either duplicated or no longer relevant yesterday.

Next to tackle is the Inside Lovehoney part.

I will be making a decision on these posts by the end of the week and I will make it as clear as possible what is removed , why and where to post.

Facebook would be a no go from our point of view as sadly the twitter post had to be removed. Many of you know why and of not check this post out.

In regards to limiting what newbies can post , this will also be a no go. What I tried to do recently was educate new members with direct emails rather than warnings. However there is only so many times you can explain the dynamics before warnings need to be made.

Thank you all for understanding why I am doing this and I appreciate all the input.

Leanne in honesty i think your doing it rigth. write what you need with clear step and instructions like you have and close the e thread. Its ultimately lovehoney site its cluttered and in need of a cold cull. So what i think is you have said its impossible to manage . You have stated there will be changes Your trying to be diplomatic so not to upset current regular visitors to community Now just do what you need to do ,you have ore warned And making everyone happy is impossible pissing everyone of is easy. Haha. What ever has gone at end of it or not gone i for one will respect you needed to make changes and get on with it as i respect all you do here. You have explained what will happen and don't need to justify your actions. I think that your trying so hard to should be enough for customers here to recognise your effort and appericiate what your going. Good luck.xxx
    lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

Well done Leanne on your forum refreshing progress so far.
    It'll be a hard job and a long slow process working through all the topics but so worth it in the end.

I'm looking forward to a much happier, fresher, brighter, interesting, informative, positive and even more welcoming revamped forum when you are all done :)

delilahxx [sign in to see picture]

I've never looked at the insomniac thread, so can't comment on that one.

Good morning thread is one I've never really used much, but it would be a shame to lose it as I know it's a good one for chatting, even if it was much more popular than it is at the moment.

Personally I use the rant thread, tea and symapthy and the truth thread differently, as they should be.

The rant thread for when I'm annoyed, angry, feeeling rageous. The tea and sympathy thread when I'm down or sad about something and want some kind words. And the truth thread when I have something I need to get out but don't want any advice.

I started the truth thread and although it has helped me and others, I was surprised how many sad things were posted, it was never meant to be such a sad and depressing thread.

When I was a newbie, there was only the rant thread; and maybe now having 3 threads for posting sad or angry posts is too many, and intimidating to newbies.

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Ok I have decided that tea & sympathy along with truth and get it out are going. 

The rant thread will stay but It will be re-opened as a get it off your chest / rant thread. 

There will be clear guidelines on use etc. This will happen tomorrow so if you wish to wrap up any coversations in these threads now is the time to do so. 

I will also close the insomniacs thread , I feel the discussions had in this area can be had amongst other ares of the forum in exsisting threads. Again if you have anything to tie up in this thread please do so by tomorrow as it shall be removed. 

Good morning, afternoon, evening shall stay - I will post a brief post on how it should be used. 

I have closed many of the games already and more shall go in the coming weeks. 

I am yet to tackle the sex toys and tips area of the forum but that shall be happening soon enough.

Adopt a toy thread - this will be removed as we no longer allow twitter discussions to happen with swapping of twiiter handles. 

This tidy up will also make it eaiser to search the forum allowing access to much needed advise that many members, past and present have offered.

After all this a new welcome thread with a few more linked threads will appear. 

Thank you for your input on this heart

Shadow Collector [sign in to see picture]

Thank you for the update Leanne, I for one am really glat the the Good Morning Thread is sticking around :)

Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]

Thanks for the update Leanne, it all sounds really good, and makes a lot of sense. I'm also pleased the Good Morning thread is staying, as a lot of general conversation can happen in there :) xx

Lil_Red_Kinkyboots [sign in to see picture]

+1 ^^ Its lots better already and much easier to navigate and the new threads made by members are clearly seen now as they easily got lost before.

You have worked hard Leanne, thank you 😊

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.