• Let's have a chat about our forum...Battle of the threads!

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

Will there be an index as to which thread to post in for different subjects?

LadyS [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

Haha I am in full spring ah hm winter cleaning mode

I think you're doing a fab job Leanne (and also anyone behind the scenes who may also be assisting). I've been in forums like this before, not with the same theme, but a forum attached to a site that doesn't necessarily need to have a forum. And eventually they have all been shut down, mostly due to mis-use and them being hard to moderate. I always really worry that we will lose this amazing resource on Lovehoney. So seeing all the hard work going in to keeping is active and user friendly and inclusive is really amazing.

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Sum Sub wrote:

Will there be an index as to which thread to post in for different subjects?

On the ones I have closed so far I have linked to the correct one to use.

The welcome thread is used as an index, so more shall be added there that are useful to all members. Just tidying up the off topic section working from 2012 upwards so I will be here a while haha 

Sxleksaker [sign in to see picture]

I was also thinking that if you mods see any one to one chat going on that seems exclusive, you could send them a friendly reminder (doesn't have to be a warning). In that way maybe people would realize that they need to work on being more inclusive on some threads :)

Sxleksaker wrote:

I was also thinking that if you mods see any one to one chat going on that seems exclusive, you could send them a friendly reminder (doesn't have to be a warning). In that way maybe people would realize that they need to work on being more inclusive on some threads :)

This happens behind the scenes wink And also on the forums 

However it would be super helpful if people could report it too. We won't always warn from the report button. It may be a little email wiith some tips on posting or just a little reminder of where to post and the rules 

Sxleksaker [sign in to see picture]

That sounds good Leanne :)

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

Hmmm . May just take a backstep for a while and then see whats left ! lol

mysteron wrote:

Still in 2012 posts so do not worry you have a while yet before it hits 2016 posts haha 

SquirtyPanda [sign in to see picture]

mysteron wrote:

Still in 2012 posts so do not worry you have a while yet before it hits 2016 posts haha

😯

Just think gives you guys time to let me know what threads you want to see stay open etc . 

haha yes

AsYouWish! [sign in to see picture]

There are some regular threads I like... Every few days a regular offender posts a secret tester thread. They are usually closed down pretty quickly.

😉

glittergirl [sign in to see picture]

Hello all

Some of you may have seen my recent post about the forum becoming saturated with the same discussions, if not this is what I said:

I fear this http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/1438446-tea-and-sympathy-thread/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/1382541-rant-alert-2016/page-153/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/1483456-insomniacs-unite/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/1510864-the-truth-and-get-it-out-thread/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/1205987-good-morning-evening-afternoon-part-twenty/page-473/

These threads are also much the same and I am worried the forum is becoming saturated with the same discussions, in turn this is not allowing other member's to join in.

Please do have a look what you are going to post and if it may be best to have a discussion else where please do so.

Please do think about the thread title and the topic it has turned to. One of our rules is to stay on topic and not to spam the forum. Now spamming can be considered repeating the same discussions in other areas of the community.

Plus I am sure you all don't want to be repeating the same topics

So I shall be looking at these threads soon in finer detail to see if maybe we can stop this repeatation. This may result in some closing down- sorry

I have started going through these threads and decided it would be good to get some input form you guys. After all you use the threads more than me. I just have to read it all

So here are the threads under investigation due to one one one chat, off topic discussions and being of similar or in some cases the same content.

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/1382541-rant-alert-2016/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/1438446-tea-and-sympathy-thread/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/1483456-insomniacs-unite/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/1510864-the-truth-and-get-it-out-thread/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/1205987-good-morning-evening-afternoon-part-twenty/page-473/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/1363070-what-are-you-doing-right-now-pt2/page-159/

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/off-topic/1363070-what-are-you-doing-right-now-pt2/page-159/

*Most of the posts that are of concern have now been hidden*

It has also had a knock on effect to the froum becoming glitchy.The amount that has had to be edited, deleted ,hidden by myself and Jess has caused major link problems. You may have seen a few threads closed and re-started due to this issue.

Please comment below with the thread(s) you desperately wish to keep and the reason(s) why. From this we can think about how to use these threads to allow them to wotk for you without repetition or off topic discussions.

Sadly I can not change the forum so please no suggestions on that , this is soley to help more discussions happen far more openly. After all we are here to offer sexual advise too. I still wish for you all to chat about life and how you all are but I fear this is happening on most threads now. Moving away from what the OP was loooking for.

I will make a final decision based on this all at the end of the week but your input would really help me understand how you would liek to see this work.

So let the battle of threads commence...

Im going to be disliked i think but heres my view for what its worth lol this is a sex toy site ultimately and for buying and asking sex toys i no and love this community as much as any one but i do feel that all tho s should come under a one heading i wanna genral chat heading. As i feel for all with illness and in need of a rant ext but i do feel that that's not what this is primary set up for. There is social media facebook may someone could set up a closed facebook community page and only let members join where its is known and stated that lovehoney me member can go for a chat for all this stuff but it will not be moniterd via lovehoney and that lovehoney will not be responsible for any of its content or liable ect. This will free up the time of lovehoneys hard workers who have enough on there plate. And leave the this free for sex help hints and tips and lovehoney products and genral sex matters and talk. As this is original why people come on here. If not related to sex or products it really isn't a dairy or form of councilor. Maybe a member here could create such a page. I also feel for new comers it is better as there not walking into what is a conversation with already established friend. Now im gonna go hide be for im shot 😨..🙈🙉🙊
    Lil_Red_Kinkyboots [sign in to see picture]

Glittergirl - I agree with the concept of the Facebook page idea but in practice it wouldn't work as most of us choose to keep our identities hidden for obvious reasons. The only way would be to set up a separate personal Facebook account to hide our identities and I can't see that anyone would want to deal with the hassle of that, and it would still be difficult to monitor as anyone can fraudulently steal our identities from here and pose as us.
    I would consider setting one up if it wasn't for all of the above and I would feel in a way that I would be being disloyal to love honey too (sort of poaching their traffic).

Im sure once Leanne and her team have worked their magic, the forums will be easier to navigate and more business orientated as it should be first and foremost 😊

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

Change is hard but often good. Go watch the who moved my cheese video on you tube if you need some motivation to keep an open mind.

I would be nice to only have one "Introduce yourself" thread vs. an entire section with lots of individual posts if you were looking to keep things less messy and easy to access topics and conversations.

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

Oh my goodness Leanne you could be at this for a while! 2012 a 2016 in forum thread posts, that's a lot of messages. Lots of coffee for you, to keep you alert. On the plus side reading some of the old threads could be amusing.

We do appreciate your hard work.

Lil_Red_Kinkyboots [sign in to see picture]

+1 ^^ it's a huge job but yes it must be a right laugh too.
    Thanks Leanne we do appreciate it 😊

Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]

I think all these changes on the forums will make things much more simpler. You are doing a fantastic job Leanne, I can only imagine how difficult it must be to moderate everything xx

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

It's hard to believe that I was once at 9999 posts, and I suspect my count will drop further with these changes!

Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]

Vanessa8 wrote:

Change is hard but often good. Go watch the who moved my cheese video on you tube if you need some motivation to keep an open mind.

I would be nice to only have one "Introduce yourself" thread vs. an entire section with lots of individual posts if you were looking to keep things less messy and easy to access topics and conversations.

I agree just one thread on introduce yourself would be good, forum gets clutered with 2 many posts, I lose track of which ones ive commented on!

be good if they could restrict new posts untill you have been a member for a certain amount of time!

glittergirl [sign in to see picture]

Lil_Red_Kinkyboots wrote:

Glittergirl - I agree with the concept of the Facebook page idea but in practice it wouldn't work as most of us choose to keep our identities hidden for obvious reasons. The only way would be to set up a separate personal Facebook account to hide our identities and I can't see that anyone would want to deal with the hassle of that, and it would still be difficult to monitor as anyone can fraudulently steal our identities from here and pose as us.
    I would consider setting one up if it wasn't for all of the above and I would feel in a way that I would be being disloyal to love honey too (sort of poaching their traffic).

Im sure once Leanne and her team have worked their magic, the forums will be easier to navigate and more business orientated as it should be first and foremost 😊

i don't think of it as steal traffic so say as your not buying thing from there but can see were coming from and yes get the identity thing that would be more a issue. So maybe way forward is to stop ranting on here haha Yes we all need to vent this problaY isn't the right place to rant about feeling sick anyway. maybe that's just me but i joined here for a escape from day to day moan and some good light hearted fun filled sexy time talk hehe 😂... Be it item ways to use them ect.. Guess i think think in all honest moaning sympathy isn't what love honey is about and dosnt really have a place hear. I have many horrbile things in my life cancer suffering child all kinds but in honesty here isnt where i should look for sympathy or comfort. Maybe someone could start up group need a chat a cuppa and moan unrealted all toether where people don't need to worry a about id ect. Xxx

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.