• Let's have a chat about our forum...Battle of the threads!

Sxleksaker [sign in to see picture]

But to be fair some responses get missed by many and then some others might read it and sympathise but don't know how to respond. I've also written emotional posts that very few responded to and have felt a little abandoned even though I'm a regular poster. It's just hard to respond to peoples emotional posts because sometimes you don't want to write a response that the original poster might take in the wrong way. If you don't know people well on here, it might be hard to know how to respond to them in the best way without worsening the situation.

Sex Squid [sign in to see picture]

That's true, I read a lot more than I respond to, usually because time constraints get in the way of a proper reply and if I feel like I'm not making a decent contribution I tend not to bother...

Terri JJ [sign in to see picture]

I'd like the Good morning thread to stay as it's nice just to be able to post a quick hi etc if time is short.

I started the Tea and sympathy thread and it was intended for use by anyone who was sick, a bit down or feeling generally upset. It was never meant to compete with the rant thread although I do think the 2 have become very much the same, which is a shame. Being angry and feeling sad are too completely different emotions which require different handling and advice.

I've used the rant thread on occasion but it takes an awful lot to make me need to really rant.

Sometimes I have spare evening and come on here to join in and relax. This is what I use the game threads for.....a bit of light hearted fun. If no one has posted anything during the day that I can offer advice to and the games weren't there then I log off again which I really would be sad doing.......I like it on here and if not much else is happening at least I can p!ay the games. I do accept that there are a few too many perhaps and some which are very similar for example 'yes or no' and 'yum or eww'

At the end of the day 'you can't please a!l of the people all of the time'...... hopefully a balance can be found but we do need to make sure we read the rules at the beginning of any thread/game we want to comment on so as to be sure what's required and we're posting on the correct thread before doing so xx

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

If threads do get lost amongst the ongoing game threads then perhaps they just need bumping.

I think we do need some sort of chat thread as an alternative vehicle to opening up a new thread but it should be open to anyone to join in.

Just my 2cents worth

Lil_Red_Kinkyboots [sign in to see picture]

I agree it could all do with condensing down, many times I've observed the same conversations going on in different threads and this can become very confusing.

i vote to keep the good morning, afternoon thread as this pretty much covers anything, whether it's a plan for the day, if you are feeling ill, what you are currently doing and this could then irradicate the insomniacs thread, the what are you doing right now thread.
    I am not sure about keeping the truth and get it out thread because I do wonder if there is a need for it if you don't wish to discuss it further. Everyone is different (and I don't wish to offend anyone) but I just wouldn't put anything on a public forum that I wouldn't care to discuss further. I would sooner write it on a scrap of paper and burn it or write it in my journal. As someone else said it's human nature to want to offer support when others are going through trying times but this thread discourages that.
    I would combine the tea and sympathy and rant thread as it would be a good place to have a moan and get sympathetic advice. I have observed on a number of occasions the same conversations are happening on both threads simultaneously. It would be good to just have one area and everyone knows where to go or avoid if you aren't feeling like offering support. It could maybe renamed agony aunt/uncle thread 😊

The games threads are getting a little out of control but are great for a bit of fun and passing time. There are many similar ones that could be condensed down such as hye/wye, yes/no and yum/eww, daddy or chips.

It is so difficult to keep everyone happy so I don't envy you having to make changes but first and foremost this is a place to discuss sex and sex related stuff which isn't always apparent apart from the inside love honey threads at the top.

When newcomers first post in the forums they aren't aware of existing topics as they can't see them unless they search for them (which many are unaware about using the search bar). I was wondering if you could have stickies after the inside love honey ones. For example anal sex, pegging, bdsm, squirting (all of the common topics this would help alleviate the moderators having to close down so many threads and members having to point them in the right direction. 😊

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

Threesomes/ group sex "the in's and out's", how and where to find people -

would be another good one to add to LRKB's list of possible sticky threads. There's a new one crops up on this same regularly discussed subject usually every week. A sticky thread may help to avoid unecessary repetition on the forum although I do know this topic is highlighted already on the Welcome thread but it may be a bit more obvious if stickied :)

Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]

I would like to keep 2 threads.

Good morning/afternoon/evening, as it's generally a happy thread and it does allow a quick hello type post without a lot of discussion.

The Tea and Sympathy thread is the other side of the coin for me, it lets you get your moans and annoyances off your chest, and get a bit of empathy from others, which is really reassuring sometimes. It's not as negative or angry as the rant thread, but I think this has its place.

Its a tough one Leanne, as I se the threads as different but I do see what you mean about a single discussion following on across more than one thread. I think it's people trying to post things in the right place and trying not to exclude others.

Im sure your desision will become apparent soon.

Vanilla_Kink [sign in to see picture]

I have only really got use out of the rant thread and the good morning etc thread.

In regards to tea and sympathy i've never clicked on it as I assumed it was much the same as the rant thread and I do think having both is unneccassary. Even if people think they are different right now it doesn't mean that the same topics can't be covered in both.

I think the threads that have been around the longest should be the ones to stay as they have proven to be consistently popular with forum users or they would have got lost over time.

Boogaloo [sign in to see picture]

If I had to get rid of any of those threads, I'd close the "what are you doing right now" thread and "the truth and get it out thread".

I personally feel that the Rant Alert thread and Tea and Sympathy threads are 2 different things - as many members have stated one is for a full on rant and the other is more for sadness or everyday moaning. The Good Morning thread should definitely stay I think as its a great place for friendly chat and off topic discussions, plus members can get to know each other there. 😊

I do think there is an issue with 1-to-1 discussions now and I see what you mean about some threads not allowing others to join in. I dip in and out of the forums these days (mostly to moan, guilty as charged! 👎🏻) but when I do come back I find it hard to join in with the other topics, and there have been a few of those "who do you like the best" and "who do you miss the most" etc threads which can make you feel like an outsider, even as a long standing member. Although it is nice to show appreciation for our fellow forum friends 🙂

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

this is timely in my book. I have been more absent of late because I have struggled to contribute to the forum like I felt I could when I first joined.... but I am not sure how much of that is the threads themselves vs. being more busy in other areas of my life. But becuase I have been more busy I would say I do find it harder lately to "jump in"....

I personally understood the difference between teh tea & sympathy thread vs. the rant thread. Frankly I have posted to both becasue I see the difference but it has become pretty merged in depending on how people interpret. If they need to be merged I understand... maybe call it the "vent" thread and find a happy medium?

I understood the intent of the "Truth & Get it Out there Thread" but it seems that people are using it more for feedback and advice anyway so what ya going to do about people wanting to help / be caring?

I used to post in the games when I had insomia or needed a brain break but there are SO MANY of them now, especially the ABCs of. I think I would be tempted to jump in there again if I wasn't so overwhealmed with the number of them.

I would vote for keeping the good morning thread over what are you doing right now if you need to focus on one.

Whatever you decide to do I will stick around as I respect any decisions to help improve participation in the spirit the forum was designed for.

Forgive any typos or run on sentences I am on pain killers right now.

slinky binky [sign in to see picture]

I wasn't going to involve myself in this because im of the opinion that any forum in the world becomes 'samey' because its a group of folks chatting about general everyday occurances so that's what happens on every forum. However after long thought I've got a couple of comments.

The good morning thread is a topper, it's a mostly a relaxed environment which is easier to chime in than others after not being around. I know on the two occasions I've taken out I found it really difficult to post. I'd be reading all the posts feeling like I couldn't add ought but I rolled with it and got back into it.

The tea and sympathy and rant threads are different and I think it'd be a real shame to lose one of them. The rant is for a bad day or something whilst the tea and sympathy is for sickness and saddens. I do see the crossover there though which could maybe be prevented by a rant on tea and sympathy being labelled 'off topic' and reminded. Obviously this threads helping make us all aware of the problems so the user's can change it and imo every member loves the community so that's the key to stopping crossovers.

I actually believe this threads probably enough to stop the majority.

There's also another thing 'fear of where to post' due to getting it wrong. Personally I do think lots about where to post? should I post there? are we allowed? This is leading to questioning judgement which isn't helping make a decision on where to post, but that's just me I'm a worrier.

The only one I would scrap if I absolutely had to is the insomnia thread which I started. There's alot of sleep deprivation talk, folk in different time zones can chime in however, imo alot of the stuff could be said elsewhere like the 'good morning' and 'tea and sympathy' threads.

I believe every thread has it's function which it's specifically for but as stated earlier the 'samey' themes noticed. Personally choosings really hard as the mentioned ones all have a purpose imo.

I think squid had a marvelous idea which would be worth thinking about. Also sticky threads on certain subjects that come up constantly would help the repetatitiveness of these subjects coming up 👍

Also I love the new stickys and find them super beneficial 'ask the....', they're fantastic and great for advice off a professional. But also id like to see advertisements as many of the members spend alot of cash here so a thread devoted to promotions could be launched? So perhaps more of the same kinda approach a single thread for new releases etc where Jess, Sam, Leanne and anybody else involved in the design team or promotional team can link new products and tell members a bit about the exciting new launch. This would stop other threads about new products getting lost and also keep things neat and tidy 👍

Couple looking to spice things up [sign in to see picture]

I'd like to see a few games stay but agree there are some which are almost the same, in particular the change a letter (5) and (4). The games helped me settle into the community when I first joined and I have nipped in on them to keep part in the forum during rough times in my 'normal' life so I'd like them to stay.

Threads! I've been put of joining in lately. There just seems to be too many one-to-one conversations filled with compliment to each other which at times are boarder line on flirting. I can only imagine how difficult it is to moderate so many threads. I'd like to see the good morning thread stay however as this is the one I personally have used the most.
    X

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Sadly I can not change the forum so please no suggestions on that - Sorry 

I have already closed the 'what you doing now thread'. Jess had to hide 3 pages , yes 3 pages ! Worth of one to one and off topic flirty style chat.

I will not be opening that one again so that is one down.

Thank you all for commenting so far, It is becoming clearer as to what may need to go and what may need to stay tohelp you all join in more 

mysteron [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

Sadly I can not change the forum so please no suggestions on that - Sorry

I have already closed the 'what you doing now thread'. Jess had to hide 3 pages , yes 3 pages ! Worth of one to one and off topic flirty style chat.

I will not be opening that one again so that is one down.

Thank you all for commenting so far, It is becoming clearer as to what may need to go and what may need to stay tohelp you all join in more

The postings for that thread could always go into the Good Morning, Afternoon etc thread , so there is obvious duplication there .

Kanu Suckmeov [sign in to see picture]

How about getting rid of some of the very very old threads. Page 1172? Break In at LH from Richard from 2008. It states that the thread is closed!, fair enough, surely if we are cleaning up the threads these old ones can be removed.

I say lets go back 5 years, and if nobody hasn't added anything to the thread then remove it. You are always going to get people who ask questions about something that has been asked before, its just a question of how far you want to keep "old threads"

We are ALL hoarders in one way or another. But I now dump something if I buy a new one, for instance whilst away recently I bought myself 3 new T shirts, so when I got home 3 "old t shirts" went into the recycle bin. So if someone starts a new thread, the oldest thread where nobody has made a reply gets dump. Just a thought!

Kanu Suckmeov wrote:

How about getting rid of some of the very very old threads. Page 1172? Break In at LH from Richard from 2008. It states that the thread is closed!, fair enough, surely if we are cleaning up the threads these old ones can be removed.

I say lets go back 5 years, and if nobody hasn't added anything to the thread then remove it. You are always going to get people who ask questions about something that has been asked before, its just a question of how far you want to keep "old threads"

I do go through and remove old threads from time to time ( when I have time lol ) 

In regards to some though we like to keep for our own purposes as we can use some of the content in the threads . This is why you will see some stay and some disappear. 

A lot of the content is super valuable to us. 

Lil_Red_Kinkyboots wrote:

When newcomers first post in the forums they aren't aware of existing topics as they can't see them unless they search for them (which many are unaware about using the search bar). I was wondering if you could have stickies after the inside love honey ones. For example anal sex, pegging, bdsm, squirting (all of the common topics this would help alleviate the moderators having to close down so many threads and members having to point them in the right direction. 😊

I have attempted a tester in this sort if area by including some posts in the welcome thread :

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/inside-lovehoney/1512914-welcome-to-the-lovehoney-forum-useful-tips/

Stickys are great ... but with all the ones I feel would need to be there it would take up all of page one. Sadly the forum does not work to benefit this in a way but we can work around it as best we can. 

Definitely giving the forum a makeover Leanne :)

Haha I am in full spring ah hm winter cleaning mode 

Sorry the front page may fill with me advising on threads I am closing. Others I have removed with no mention as they are no longer used. 

The ones posted here are still up for discussion , exc the what you doing now thread . That has gone heart

I really think we should keep the "Tea and sympathy"-thread (TaS) because I think most of us uses it the most. I seldom rant about anything but can feel sad often and then the TaS is a great place to vent. I don't think the "truth and get it out" thread is as necessary, as Shadow said it's possible to say that you don't want anyone commenting and people still give advice and sympathy on that thread anyway.

If you really would like to close one of the Rant alert and the TaS, it might be possible to close both and make a new one with a different title, someone said "Vent thread" which seems appropriate :)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.