• Let's have a chat about our forum...Battle of the threads!

Shadow Collector [sign in to see picture]

SquirtyPanda wrote:

Thank god this has become acknowledged. There are far too many discussions going on, newbies cannot join in let alone people who have been here a while (myself included) I've often tried to contribute in those kinda threads but get completely ignored. So now I just don't bother and mostly just comment on newbie threads and general question threads. I hope this gets knuckled down and managed

I've felt that way a fair bit too, it's really difficult to keep things open recently, this discussion has been a long time coming and I'm glad it finally has done.

Also, I have tried not to be part of the problem, but I wanted to apologise if I ever made anyone feel unwelcome or unwanted. It was never my intention. Here's to a more inclusive Lovehoney! :)

RosyCheek [sign in to see picture]

What about a thread revamp? Start them all afresh with the first post, by one of you lovely mods, as like a "rules" post. Like with the "good morning" thread you could say it's light hearted daily chit chat. "Tea and sympathy" from a blister to distress all problems are equal. If that makes any sense anyways. Or it may just be more work...

SquirtyPanda [sign in to see picture]

It's taking the shine off the forum for me tbh

The main bugbear for me are these countless game threads. I find them annoying. I come here to discuss sex toys, lingerie, answer questions etc. not play games. People know they can use Twitter to discuss their conversations further but choose to clog up this forum. As you say it's a long time coming and hallelujah it's being attended to, because I really like being here.

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

I have to say I really, really enjoy the games threads. They helped me to get started when I first joined, keep my brain active, pass the time and make me feel part of the community. Sometimes there's not much going on in the forum, no questions being asked but the games threads are popular and attract traffic at the quieter times. There's nowhere else I've seen such a great variety and balance of threads to enjoy and be part of.

I think it would be a shame to remove them all as anyone can join in playing them regardless of sexual experience or preferences, age, gender and length of time on the forum and I know they are not all about sex but some are :)

lmh95 wrote:

I have to say I really, really enjoy the games threads. They helped me to get started when I first joined, keeps my brain active and made me feel part of the community.

I think it would be a shame to remove them all as anyone can join in playing them regardless of sexual experience, age, gender and length of time on the forum and I know they are not all about sex but some are :)

Agreed, I'd persoally never have been able to intergrate here without the lighthearted side of the forums. They may not be 'helpful' exactly, but they serve their own purpose.

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

I do agree to some extent on the game threads, but we won't be removing them all. The games are a great way to get started and to get to know each other more 

There are certainly some samey ones that can be merged for sure. But I will tackle that one next wink

NatandTom [sign in to see picture]

I do agree that the games are great for getting started on the forums, but there's so many different similar gaming threads now that they can clog up the forums at times, causing some peoples questions to be missed. We could maybe pick a certain amount of the most popular threads and stick with those instead of having half-hearted gaming threads that only last a few pages?

As for those threads mentioned above, I'm throwing my votes in for the good morning thread, the rant thread and the truth and get it out thread to stay. :)

NatandTom wrote:

I do agree that the games are great for getting started on the forums, but there's so many different similar gaming threads now that they can clog up the forums at times, causing some peoples questions to be missed. We could maybe pick a certain amount of the most popular threads and stick with those instead of having half-hearted gaming threads that only last a few pages?

+1

SquirtyPanda [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

I do agree to some extent on the game threads, but we won't be removing them all. The games are a great way to get started and to get to know each other more

There are certainly some samey ones that can be merged for sure. But I will tackle that one next

Good good

i do do like build a story one however, as that can be never ending, and very amusing to read and join in with. If commented once or twice on it .

Just an idea - the have you ever, would you ever, do you like, daddy or chips ? style game threads could possibly be merged together and we could just pay more attention to the opening statement to know how to respond :)

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

I started with the games, but when I joined there were only 3 or 4 that were running, now there seem to be loads of them. Just cutting back on a few and keeping some would surely keep everyone happy?

Sxleksaker [sign in to see picture]

I also agree that there are too many game threads. I think it's easy to miss posts in other threads because half the front page can be filled with game threads. I agree that they are a good place to start but it seems to be too many at present.

Lovinthetoys [sign in to see picture]

I Like the game thread, but agree with all that there are too many similar ones. I like the "good morning" thread and the "what am i doing now" also.

sugarboobies2232 [sign in to see picture]

Shadow Collector wrote:

The good morning thread has to stay, it's the best place for friendly banter and general day to day comments, I for one would be gutted to see it go.

I would also say that the reant thread and the tea/sympathy thread are functionally different, as one is for venting anger/frustration, and the other is for more sickness/day to day gripes.

If I had to see one go, it would probably be the 'truth and get it out' as that one in my mind functions the same way as rant thread would if you simply put a 'no replies please, just venting' note at the end.

Hope my opinion makes sense.

Completely agree with a Shadow on this. I find a lot of the other threads are a bit samey and I try to just stick to posting in the threads above.

captainmeow [sign in to see picture]

I don't really post in those threads, but mainly because I find them very same-y. The rant ones are very similar and I have thought that they could be merged. The insomniacs and what you are doing threads are also very similar, only difference being that us night owls go to one particular thread to chat at night perhaps? A sense of community due to our similarities, if you will.

Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]

Yes I agree the forums do need a bit of a tidy up,

I like the game threads but agree there are alot now,

Its good to have a selection of different threads though to cater for all people!

Some like the games to unwind from work and its a good way to break the ice with other members more so when you are a new member!

Forums getting cluttered is the same for most websites.

But all it needs is a bit of tidying up and educatiing members on using the search bar!

Sex Squid [sign in to see picture]

I know technically this should go in the Suggestions thread, but since it's on topic...

For each of the sub forums (Sex Tips & Talk, Lingerie etc), could we maybe have an opt-in tick box, and if you're not a member of that particular forum you don't see the latest posts? Could even be used the separate the game threads away from the rest of the Off Topic chat. Really really simple for the developers to program and maybe have a couple of forums that are compulsory for everyone to be in, such as Inside Lovehoney...

Just a thought...

NaughtyNerd [sign in to see picture]

I don't have a preferences on the off topic threads but I do think they're a little samey so would benefit from being merged or possibly restarted as others have suggested.
    Unfortunately because the threads have been around for a while, if you are not in the core group of 10 or more people than it is hard to become part of the community.
    As there is a lot of 121 chat, whilst it is of huge benefit to those posting, other peoples posts gets lost as a result or you feel like you are intruding on someone else's personal conversation.
    I agree that whilst it is in no way anyone's intention you can end up feeling like your problem, query etc is not important enough.

NaughtyNerd [sign in to see picture]

Sorry I posted before I meant to.
    I think all posters (myself included) need to be aware of different peoples personalities. The responses you hear a lot telling those who don't feel included to essentially "post more, you're not being ignored, its a fast moving forum" doesn't help, its no better that telling people that they are stupid for feeling the way they do.
    If someone doesn't feel included we should be asking ourselves why and see what we can do to change that.

Sex Squid wrote:

I know technically this should go in the Suggestions thread, but since it's on topic...

For each of the sub forums (Sex Tips & Talk, Lingerie etc), could we maybe have an opt-in tick box, and if you're not a member of that particular forum you don't see the latest posts? Could even be used the separate the game threads away from the rest of the Off Topic chat. Really really simple for the developers to program and maybe have a couple of forums that are compulsory for everyone to be in, such as Inside Lovehoney...

Just a thought...

I really like this idea. It would personalise the forum a bit more for each user so that they could get involved with and see the threads that they really want to without scrolling through all of the rest that they don't want to see at that time. I also agree that there is definitely a need for the important sticky threads to be seen by all. Putting the sub forums like this means it would also be a little bit easier to find previous threads on a subject in the correct topic that you want to know about and I think it would improve members forum experience and make it much easier to navigate the forum too, especially so for newer members who are nervous, unsure about getting started and joining in.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.