• Ask the Moderator: Reviews, Community & Pics

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Howdy 

Much like Sammi and Jess I have popped up this thread to help with some direct questions you may have towards a moderator / review co-ordinator. 

For those that do not know I am Leanne. I arrange the free testers for review, moderate this wonderful forum and blog about review / model of the month. Amongst other things around social media, videos etc. 

If you want to know about the intial tester set up, take look here 

If you wish to know the basics about the forum, that can be seen here .

I will pop in as much as I can Mon- Fri during office hours to answer questions you have for me. Please refrain from stepping in to answer other member's questions for me if I'm not here.You are so super helpful I know but let's treat this as an ask LH HQ thread 

Here is an idea of things I can and can't help with : 

Yes Please

No Thank You

Review queries

Website improvements

Model of the month questions

Functionality updates

Review of the month questions

Broken Images

Picture queries 

Typos (please report these in the Typo thread)

Tester options

Changes to Layout

Forum Functions

Suggestions (use suggestions thread)

How to review 

Requests for Products (see Pander to Me)

Forum / picture rules queries

Glitches (please use glitches thread)

Why was my thread shut? See rules/ T&Cs

Example question YES PLEASE: What kind of pictures do you look for when picking for Model of the Month?

Example question NO THANK YOU: Can you change the forum layout to show newly posted first when searching please? 

These are just examples, but basically any changes or something techy is not me I am afraid. That would need to go to the dedicated areas.

If you have an issue with the site that needs addressing ASAP do inform customer care as they are 24/7. 

Let us begin...

MK7 [sign in to see picture]

I've always wondered what the competition is like for review of the month. Just how many people are sending in reviews every month if 1+3 minor prize winners win?

I assume that it gets so many that when whoever is approving reviews reads one they really like, they put it away to be judged with the best of the best at the end of the month.

MK7 wrote:

I've always wondered what the competition is like for review of the month. Just how many people are sending in reviews every month if 1+3 minor prize winners win?

I assume that it gets so many that when whoever is approving reviews reads one they really like, they put it away to be judged with the best of the best at the end of the month.

Hey MK7

We have so many reviews each month which our dedicated  editors go through to check spelling grammar and ensure your toy is working and not faulty.  

They have a marking system 1-5. A 5 = Review of the month contender. I then pop in and have a read of these marked reviews and pluck 1 winner and 3 runners up.

They are the best people to short list as they read every single review yes

Jezebella [sign in to see picture]

Interesting! I've also always wondered about review of the month and secret testers. I could write a review sometimes over a month (or across month lines, I.e in the previous month) before the product goes live, but the date stamp on the review is the same as when I submitted it.

What happens if a secret tester is up for review of the month but the product won't go live until the next month, is the review still in the running for ROTM the following month?

Just been curious :)

SquirtyPanda [sign in to see picture]

Hi Leanne

I'm just wondering if there was any way you could upload a photo of certain lingerie pieces I have from lovehoney, on my behalf on my profile? I could email them to you etc

I do not have a PC and have only an iPhone & iPad and these for some reason don't let me upload photos!

Is there any way this could work!?

Thank you

Jezebella wrote:

Interesting! I've also always wondered about review of the month and secret testers. I could write a review sometimes over a month (or across month lines, I.e in the previous month) before the product goes live, but the date stamp on the review is the same as when I submitted it.

What happens if a secret tester is up for review of the month but the product won't go live until the next month, is the review still in the running for ROTM the following month?

Just been curious :)

Hello , good question! 

So we sort the reviews by date it goes live, so the tester reviews do not go 'live' in the system...until the prouct does. There for are still in the running for review of the month. 

We then do the sort of markings to locate a winner and runners up 

SquirtyPanda wrote:

Hi Leanne

I'm just wondering if there was any way you could upload a photo of certain lingerie pieces I have from lovehoney, on my behalf on my profile? I could email them to you etc

I do not have a PC and have only an iPhone & iPad and these for some reason don't let me upload photos!

Is there any way this could work!?

Thank you

Hello 

Sadly I am not able to do this as I can not access your accounts, this would be a breach of DPA on our side. Your passwords are never visable and should never been given to us. 

We are looking into mobile and we are aware many members use mobile first before a desktop. However with all the recent updates I am afraid this has not had much of a look in , forum wise. 

Is there a trusted friends desktop you may be able to use. 

I am sorry I could not be of much use in this department

amber_angel [sign in to see picture]

Hey, Leanne

Asking about forum and rules was in the "ok" column.

What was it about this thread

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/652881-own-knickers-as-a-gag/page-2/

that made you lock it down?

I want to make sure I understand the rules and did not see what this was breaking.

amber

sir.nick [sign in to see picture]

Hey,
    It was reported last month that 'free for review' skewed the amazon review average affecting customer trust in the reviews process and it's reflection of honest unbias opinion. I should think most people here don't conciously let tester status affect their scores,but is there any lh tools to balance the reviewing system overall? Shouldn't 5 star be saved for the best of the best (with 4 star still seen as amazing)?

Also perhaps silly question but does score play a role? I've never seen a horrendous review win the monthly comp - but those are super useful as well when choosing between products.to

amber_angel wrote:

Hey, Leanne

Asking about forum and rules was in the "ok" column.

What was it about this thread

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/community/forums/sex-tips-and-talk/652881-own-knickers-as-a-gag/page-2/

that made you lock it down?

I want to make sure I understand the rules and did not see what this was breaking.

amber

Hey Amber

We close down old threads after time. So I pop in from time to time and do a bit fo housekeep. 

This one was from a while back and although commented on recently the OP wanted a response 3 years ago. I deemed it as no longer relevant and closed it.

Usually if something is rule breaking we remove it completely and will not be viewable anymore. 

The terms and conditions explain a little more on this and not so much the rules :

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/help/community-terms/

Hope this helps clarify and you may see a few more closed threads crop up throughout my... 'not so much of a spring but winter clean up'

sir.nick wrote:

Hey,
    It was reported last month that 'free for review' skewed the amazon review average affecting customer trust in the reviews process and it's reflection of honest unbias opinion. I should think most people here don't conciously let tester status affect their scores,but is there any lh tools to balance the reviewing system overall? Shouldn't 5 star be saved for the best of the best (with 4 star still seen as amazing)?

Also perhaps silly question but does score play a role? I've never seen a horrendous review win the monthly comp - but those are super useful as well when choosing between products.to

Hello

We have very trusted reviewers in which we send to and if we feel that their review is not trust worthy we blacklist them from teh tester program.

It is a lot of background work on my part, so I read the member's reviews and comapre to order history. If the order history does not natch up or an item has been returned that have raved about, well that looks odd to me. So I investigate further.  I also scope out blogs to see if we have honesty happening, blogs can tell a lot about what reviewers like and do not like. I don't just sit here on the forum all day haha. I wont go into my role too much but it's a lot of ground work, reading and emails. 

Many a reviewer has submitted a low star rating , I have some here for secret items, and for items we have considered stocking. But thanks to the hinest review we have not.  We find low rated reviews as useful as high rated , I assume customers do too. A lot rides on honst feedback. 

We also no longer send out every single product we stock for review, so they are left for customers to feedback on. We recently emailed customers to ask for a reviews, much like other retail outlets do too. This is a new venture so we shall see how that goes. 

In regards to review of the month, these are short listed by the editors and can sometimes be a mix of 1 - 5 star rated reviews. However the most passionate reviews are ones of a liked product and there for do stand out the most for review of the month. 

Often reviews which have good and bad pionts are included such as the recent runner up:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31087&reviewid=163244#customer_reviews

Hope that helps clarify a little. 

amber_angel [sign in to see picture]

Thanks for the explanation, Leanne

And sorry about the sheer top thread. I really did think it would be funny to see just how big he was going to go in the fantasy. Just how many women would end up being topless.

amber

sir.nick [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

sir.nick wrote:

Hey,

Hello

We have very trusted reviewers in which we send to and if we feel that their review is not trust worthy we blacklist them from teh tester program.

It is a lot of background work on my part, so I read the member's reviews and comapre to order history. If the order history does not natch up or an item has been returned that have raved about, well that looks odd to me. So I investigate further. I also scope out blogs to see if we have honesty happening, blogs can tell a lot about what reviewers like and do not like. I don't just sit here on the forum all day haha. I wont go into my role too much but it's a lot of ground work, reading and emails.

Many a reviewer has submitted a low star rating , I have some here for secret items, and for items we have considered stocking. But thanks to the hinest review we have not. We find low rated reviews as useful as high rated , I assume customers do too. A lot rides on honst feedback.

We also no longer send out every single product we stock for review, so they are left for customers to feedback on. We recently emailed customers to ask for a reviews, much like other retail outlets do too. This is a new venture so we shall see how that goes.

In regards to review of the month, these are short listed by the editors and can sometimes be a mix of 1 - 5 star rated reviews. However the most passionate reviews are ones of a liked product and there for do stand out the most for review of the month.

Often reviews which have good and bad pionts are included such as the recent runner up:

http://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=31087&reviewid=163244#customer_reviews

Hope that helps clarify a little.

Thanks for this peak into the increadible amount of behind the scenes work at LH HQ :)

I'd just like to note I was asking out of curiousity, not any suggestion that the current system isn't working! It's what sets this website out from the competition.

You are welcome guys smiley

bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

Didn't know where to post this but the community page is looking very colourful with it's make over.

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

bondagegod wrote:

Didn't know where to post this but the community page is looking very colourful with it's make over.

+1. Love the sex toy fairy wand :)
    bondagegod [sign in to see picture]

I did think that was a good finishing touch the magic wand imh95.

Scorpius12 [sign in to see picture]

lmh95 wrote:

bondagegod wrote:

+1. Love the sex toy fairy wand :)

+2 It does look really good, and very happy :) xx

Aw thanks guys! So glad you like it :) 

Naughty t-pot [sign in to see picture]

My pic keeps saying processing.
    Please help.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.