• Buying off of a wishlist.

    1471384269
    Shadow Collector [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3661
    • Joined: 2 Apr 2014

    Having been both the gifter and the giftee on this forum, I have to say that the only feeling better than receiving a surprise in the mail is being able to cheer someone up during a rough time. It's a truly wonderful thing :)

    1471385005
    TheDildoChronicles [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 36
    • Joined: 22 Dec 2014

    If anyone is interested in this maybe add friends and when the secret Santas are able, we can spread some joy and brighten up some days :)

    1471386570
    sir.nick [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Major General
    • Posts: 128
    • Joined: 20 Nov 2010

    ThrowMeToTheLesbians wrote:

    Buying someone a gift purely for the reason to brighten someone's day is a wonderful thing. There are some truly selfless and thoughtful people out there.

    x

    Couldn't agree more! Makes you realise the whole world hasn't gone to trump
    1471387153
    ThrowMeToTheLesbians [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Colonel
    • Posts: 34
    • Joined: 19 Oct 2010

    sir.nick wrote:

    ThrowMeToTheLesbians wrote:

    Buying someone a gift purely for the reason to brighten someone's day is a wonderful thing. There are some truly selfless and thoughtful people out there.

    x

    Couldn't agree more! Makes you realise the whole world hasn't gone to trump

    1471390411
    RosyCheek [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1501
    • Joined: 11 Apr 2016

    Gone to Trump 😂

    Love it!

    1471391934
    mummymermaid [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1177
    • Joined: 4 Jul 2015

    Shadow Collector wrote:

    Having been both the gifter and the giftee on this forum, I have to say that the only feeling better than receiving a surprise in the mail is being able to cheer someone up during a rough time. It's a truly wonderful thing :)

    +1just this..iam lucky to have gifted and to have been gifted..it's a wonderful feeling both ways xxx

    1471455341
    Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: General
    • Posts: 1414
    • Joined: 15 May 2016

    Its a great idea, just wish I had the money to be able to gift :(

    1471456653
    sugarboobies2232 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1544
    • Joined: 16 Feb 2015

    TheDildoChronicles wrote:

    If anyone is interested in this maybe add friends and when the secret Santas are able, we can spread some joy and brighten up some days :)

    That generally is the idea all year round :) Also, there's been a couple of occasions here I remember where gifting caused an atmosphere. I've been on the end of it to when someone gifted me and then pretty much demanded I gifted them back. I felt terrible and in a really awful place as I couldn't afford to. Please do not put this pressure on others! Only gift with good intentions!
    1471457071
    TheInvisibleTester [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Lieutenant Colonel
    • Posts: 78
    • Joined: 19 Apr 2016

    sugarboobies2232 wrote:

    TheDildoChronicles wrote:

    If anyone is interested in this maybe add friends and when the secret Santas are able, we can spread some joy and brighten up some days :)

    That generally is the idea all year round :) Also, there's been a couple of occasions here I remember where gifting caused an atmosphere. I've been on the end of it to when someone gifted me and then pretty much demanded I gifted them back. I felt terrible and in a really awful place as I couldn't afford to. Please do not put this pressure on others! Only gift with good intentions!
    But...if they demanded something back then why did they gift you in the first place when they could just buy something for themselves in the first place? That's a bit mean :/ I've never received or given a pressie but one day when I get a decent pay wage I'll definitely do it! 😊
    1471457182
    sugarboobies2232 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1544
    • Joined: 16 Feb 2015

    TheInvisibleTester wrote:

    sugarboobies2232 wrote:

    TheDildoChronicles wrote:

    If anyone is interested in this maybe add friends and when the secret Santas are able, we can spread some joy and brighten up some days :)

    That generally is the idea all year round :) Also, there's been a couple of occasions here I remember where gifting caused an atmosphere. I've been on the end of it to when someone gifted me and then pretty much demanded I gifted them back. I felt terrible and in a really awful place as I couldn't afford to. Please do not put this pressure on others! Only gift with good intentions!
    But...if they demanded something back then why did they gift you in the first place when they could just buy something for themselves in the first place? That's a bit mean :/ I've never received or given a pressie but one day when I get a decent pay wage I'll definitely do it! 😊
    I've no idea. It just made me feel incredibly awkward to be honest and very uncomfortable. It even caused aby issue between me and my OH lol.
    1471457334
    RosyCheek [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1501
    • Joined: 11 Apr 2016

    Crikey sugarboobies that's awful! You gift to be nice not to get something back. I've wanted to gift certain members who have really helped me but sadly don't have the funding...yet!

    1471457787
    NatandTom [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 5885
    • Joined: 6 Jun 2015

    sugarboobies2232 wrote:

    TheDildoChronicles wrote:

    If anyone is interested in this maybe add friends and when the secret Santas are able, we can spread some joy and brighten up some days :)

    That generally is the idea all year round :) Also, there's been a couple of occasions here I remember where gifting caused an atmosphere. I've been on the end of it to when someone gifted me and then pretty much demanded I gifted them back. I felt terrible and in a really awful place as I couldn't afford to. Please do not put this pressure on others! Only gift with good intentions!

    +1! I've experienced this too.

    1471459538
    sugarboobies2232 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1544
    • Joined: 16 Feb 2015

    NatandTom wrote:

    sugarboobies2232 wrote:

    TheDildoChronicles wrote:

    If anyone is interested in this maybe add friends and when the secret Santas are able, we can spread some joy and brighten up some days :)

    That generally is the idea all year round :) Also, there's been a couple of occasions here I remember where gifting caused an atmosphere. I've been on the end of it to when someone gifted me and then pretty much demanded I gifted them back. I felt terrible and in a really awful place as I couldn't afford to. Please do not put this pressure on others! Only gift with good intentions!

    +1! I've experienced this too.

    It's horrible. It was really strange and not pleasant. I said how much I appreciated them and then I was constantly asked for photos of me wearing them. Then he said he had an idea so we could play together so I should send him something that I wanted to see him use... what the hell? I basically then ignored him and then he said he felt like I used him? Still makes me feel weird thinking about it.
    1471459753
    RosyCheek [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1501
    • Joined: 11 Apr 2016

    Sounds like he wanted more that a friendly forum friend! No wonder you feel weird!

    You too Nat? Crikey, some people are strange!

    1471460214
    sugarboobies2232 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 1544
    • Joined: 16 Feb 2015

    RosyCheek wrote:

    Sounds like he wanted more that a friendly forum friend! No wonder you feel weird!

    You too Nat? Crikey, some people are strange!

    I think so. This was over twitter through direct messaging, so I had a message EVERY DAY until I replied. :(
    1471460420
    Fun Louise [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 4787
    • Joined: 30 Mar 2015

    I am definately not new to the gifting thing. I like to send my friends a little pick me up gift when I can. Sadly I can't as much now as my new job is much more time/life rich, but cash poor. It's lovely feeling knowing that one of your friends is going to get a suprise from the postman.

    I have been very fortunate to recieve gifts too. This is a great feeling when an unexpected parcel appears at the door.

    I must say, I don't gift to recieve. That's just not polite and it's not how I work. I try to put though into a persons gift, and although this may not be obviouse there is usually a rational in my own mind for whatever I choose to send.

    On a grumpy note I do hate it when people (usually new to the forum) post "how do I get free gifts" and "how do I get free stuff", how rude is this?

    1471486631
    TheDildoChronicles [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Captain
    • Posts: 36
    • Joined: 22 Dec 2014

    I hadn't thought about these possibilities.
    I think I will do it anonymously or be very clear it's a random act of kindness, and I expect nothing in return, and No intentions of breaking up any couples over an object.
    Still don't get Twitter either, must have another look one day.

    1471490358
    Curiousgirl19 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Officer Cadet
    • Posts: 1
    • Joined: 18 Aug 2016

    Hey 19 female bi dont have many toys but very curious **REMOVED BY MODERATOR**

    1471496925
    Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 3000
    • Joined: 7 Jan 2014

    Sugarboobies yeah that's odd. Sorry that happened.

    I just like to spread a bit of sunshine when I can. :)

    1471504800
    NatandTom [sign in to see picture]
    • Rank: Field Marshall
    • Posts: 5885
    • Joined: 6 Jun 2015

    Curiousgirl19 wrote:

    Contact details aren't allowed on the forum and it's kinda rude to hint or ask for gifts!

    Post a reply to this thread

    Please sign in to post messages to the forum.