• What kind of reviews do you find easiest to write?

Banannabelsplit [sign in to see picture]

When I have a positive experience with a product, I could gladly sing praises for several paragraphs. I also find toys easier to review than lingerie and lube. But I find negative and neutral reviews to be a bit tougher.

When it comes to negative reviews, I don't like snarking on this site too much because of the beyond excellent way it treats its customers. So I prefer to keep it brief and simply run over the cons and any pros the product may have. And neutral reviews are the one's I'm most emotionally disattached from, as I just find the product OK rather than having any strong feelings about it.

Sxleksaker [sign in to see picture]

I think vibrators are the hardest items to review since there are so many aspects :) I think bondage gear and lube is easiest to review :)

mamz [sign in to see picture]

I find toys to be the most difficult to review as I haven't tried anough vibrators to be able to say if it's buzzy or rumbly.

Other than that I find positive and negative reviews to be the easiest to right because the words just flow out buy themselves.

Sex Squid [sign in to see picture]

I find both positive and negative to be equally challenging. I'm not a natural writer, so have to be really in the mood to sit down and write. I don't often do negative reviews, but that's purely because if a toy isn't for me I'm less likely to have bought it in the first place. Usually only happens on things I take a punt on or freebies with 'spend over £x'.

Vanilla_Kink [sign in to see picture]

I agree with sxleksaker, vibrator reviews are the hardest as there is just so much to go over to give the reader a good idea of what to expect. I find lube the easiest to review as there are a few key points I know to cover. Lingerie is my least favourite to review but only because my lingerie reviews rarely get ticked as being helpful, I think because of my oddball body shape. I love reviewing bondage items as I just love bondage :) As for positive/negative I find positive reviews substantially easier to write. The hardest to write is reviews for mediocre products

GeekyEleanor [sign in to see picture]

BDSM stuff is the easiest for me. Mainly because I enjoy BDSM a lot and I love testing cuffs and restraints.

Writing reviews for sex toys aimed for men is hard though. My husband tests them, and then I write the review. I have to pester him for days to have all the info I need for the review. It's always something in the line of "hey, did you wank today?" "yes" "with the new toy?" "uhm, nope..." "what the hell are you waiting for! I need to write the review for that tester! go and jerk off some more with it!"

If any Google employer is ever listening to our hangouts call, I fear we'd traumatize them forever

lovingnewtoys [sign in to see picture]

I mainly review lingerie - and to be honest find it pretty easy as I just speak as I find, explain the fit and how it works on my body shape.

I have written positive and negative reviews for toys and again found it to be easy. It is after all an opinion and not everyone is going to think the same, so if people find it useful great - if they don't they can just read other reviews. Simples!! Xx

Terri JJ [sign in to see picture]

I love writing, reading etc so I don't find it difficult. I try to get an honest opinion across but as LNT said......it is only my opinion. X

Shadow Collector [sign in to see picture]

I find BDSM and sex toys the easiest to write. I always seem to have more to say about those types of items.

VioletWolf [sign in to see picture]

I'm the same, that's why all the products I've reviewed have such high scores, I do the ones that really stand out for me. Though my early ones were for practice so reviewed some basics. I've not tried writing a negative yet, the only one I had was something I returned before use, and as I didn't use it I didn't feel fair in reviewing it. (For context, it was a Pvc toy and I couldn't get over the smell).

slinky binky [sign in to see picture]

I don't have a review to my name 😂😂 I've actually wrote loads but not copied and pasted them. I may get round to it one day. I write for other companies though which keeps me busy and find that Every sites different. Some look for quality over quantity. For example you can point out all of the good points which you yourself as a buyer want to know, without a huge novel depending on the product of course. Some products need alot more details such as vibrators, technical products etc.

I don't find negative reviews hard to write, the company need to know if its a product worth sticking, as do the customers.

I'm not a natural writer it takes me ages to write them, especially because I'm always over analysing and deleting rewriting etc 💖xx

mamz [sign in to see picture]

slinky binky wrote:

I don't have a review to my name 😂😂 I've actually wrote loads but not copied and pasted them. I may get round to it one day. I write for other companies though which keeps me busy and find that Every sites different. Some look for quality over quantity. For example you can point out all of the good points which you yourself as a buyer want to know, without a huge novel depending on the product of course. Some products need alot more details such as vibrators, technical products etc.

I don't find negative reviews hard to write, the company need to know if its a product worth sticking, as do the customers.

I'm not a natural writer it takes me ages to write them, especially because I'm always over analysing and deleting rewriting etc 💖xx

You should definitely post your reviews on here! :)

slinky binky [sign in to see picture]

mamz wrote:

slinky binky wrote:

You should definitely post your reviews on here! :)

I probably will one day. I love writing always have, wish it came naturally though. I'm not sure what went wrong as I was in the top three at English at school, I didn't end up there but was there for a long time. Probably trauma messed my education up! I do love and really admire everybody's reviews here they're really good. One thing that bothers me is I never see enough 👍 wheras other companies have lots (smaller companies with way less detailed reviews.) Of I'm reading reviews here and they're real good (and many are, even when I don't want the product I but a 👍because of how good it is. Its especially impressive seeing people's who English isn't their first language write immense 💖xx
    CoughDrop [sign in to see picture]

Easiest to write are those that are really positive or negative.

The ones inbetween are more difficult for me

Devoted Husband [sign in to see picture]

There are so many different ways to write. I find writing about your personal experience with the item is the easier way, as you can reflect on what you liked or didn't like when you were using it.
    If it was a negative experience for you, doesn't mean it will be for someone else as everyone's body is different. So I feel pointing out why it wasn't great for you may help others decide based on similar experiences they may or may not have had.
    I don't see this as bad for the site as items that rate too poorly constantly, will help this site decide on discontinuing the item for sale or not.

matnem [sign in to see picture]

The stuff I find hardest to review is the stuff that is exclusively for my SO. Although our account is shared, I write the reviews and she gets the benefits. As an example, imagine a love egg. This is the conversation:

So, wife, I have to write the review for that love egg. How was it?

It was good.

"Good".... so its just OK?

No it was good.

so... excellent then?

Just good.

What did you like about it?

I don't know

What didn't you like about it?

Well, I guess the box was a bit boring.

Right. I'll just go write a review based on that then.

It takes serious investigatory journalism to extract some information out of her to write a complete review. At least with vibrators and the like there is an element of interactivity and I have get my own opinion to write with!

RosyCheek [sign in to see picture]

I enjoy writing reviews. I find the secret testers more difficult as there is limited information sometimes. I'm always a worrier too so I try not to say that I received it as a tester incase others think I'm only reviewing it highly because it was free. Naturally that's me over thinking things, no surprise there!

I love the discussions I have with my husband after we have used new things. My favourite was after we used the hummer and he cane out with "I'm not saying its better than sex but it kinda is".

GeekyEleanor [sign in to see picture]

matnem wrote:

The stuff I find hardest to review is the stuff that is exclusively for my SO. Although our account is shared, I write the reviews and she gets the benefits. As an example, imagine a love egg. This is the conversation:

So, wife, I have to write the review for that love egg. How was it?

It was good.

"Good".... so its just OK?

No it was good.

so... excellent then?

Just good.

What did you like about it?

I don't know

What didn't you like about it?

Well, I guess the box was a bit boring.

Right. I'll just go write a review based on that then.

It takes serious investigatory journalism to extract some information out of her to write a complete review. At least with vibrators and the like there is an element of interactivity and I have get my own opinion to write with!

I know the feeling, just reversed. My husband has to test male testers (duh) and then I have to write the review. He's a man of few words so I have to pry them from his tongue with a forceps sometimes!

KittenFeatures [sign in to see picture]

I find it hardest to write reviews when a product is pretty meh. Not really bad but not reall good either. I could write forever about why something is really good or why it is really bad but when it's meh I just don't care enough for it. I don't get into it enough. I feel like it's not worth writing the review and it feels forced to try and justify why some things just don't work for me - like clitoral balm for instance. Really don't get anything out of it. It isn't awful but it's not great either.

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

I find lingerie the easiest thing to review, it's easier to logically and concisely go through what people would want/need to know (does the sizing match that listed in the description, is it good quality or will it fall apart after one wear, etc). Most things in the bondage or essentials category are fairly logical to write about too.

Toys (particularly vibrating ones) I find the most difficult, because everything is so subjective. I try to reflect that in what I say about a toy, like instead of saying something is crap because it didn't work well for me and giving it an unfairly negative review I would try to be a bit more objective about who it would work for instead. Then I worry I'm not giving a good/honest enough review and write paragraphs and paragraphs trying to justify why it didn't work for me but it will for someone else and yeah...I find toys more difficult lol. Even when they do work well for me I still feel the need to ramble for days just to say anything useful, it'd be easy to bang out dozens of reviews of products I own stating that they feel amazing and I love them but really who would that help? I don't know what to say beyond that they work!

I also find it difficult to write about anything that is just ok. If it's amazing it's easy, if it's awful it's easy, if it's in between? Harder to find anything to say, really.

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.