• Pasting links using a laptop

honeybun91 [sign in to see picture]

Can anyone please tell me how I can copy and paste a link into a forum post while on my laptop? Using my phone I can do it easily just click copy and paste but for some reason when I do it on my laptop it doesnt work and comes up saying something about a clipboard and even then it wont work. I have tried by clicking alt + L like it suggests but still wont work, help??

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

Highlight Web address in address bar. Press ctrl+c
    Then switch to forum, place cursor where you wanna paste and press ctrl+v

mamz [sign in to see picture]

And if you are using a mac it's cmd+c and cmd+v

honeybun91 [sign in to see picture]

Thanks guys, so basically it will let me paste a link into the search bar at the top of the LH forum by clicking ctrl+v but not in the reply box lol, probably just my laptop but its really annoying me.

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

honeybun91 I have never been able to cut and paste links from my PC either. I literally have hand keyed a few.

Rimmer57 [sign in to see picture]

Vanessa8 wrote:

honeybun91 I have never been able to cut and paste links from my PC either. I literally have hand keyed a few.

+1

Never seems to work for me either on my laptop

Throbinhood [sign in to see picture]

I highlight text while holding left mouse button, then right click mouse button and copy, then right click mouse button and paste.

A security box may come up so just paste in there then hit ENTER key

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Heya , 

After you have ctl&c /  cmd& c  / right clicked the mouse and hit copy,on the text highlighted you want to link......

You can use the icon that looks like a world with chains in the type text box in the forum , this appears when you are posting.

Then pop the link in the box named URL , this also makes the link clickable smiley

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

Throbinhood wrote:

I highlight text while holding left mouse button, then right click mouse button and copy, then right click mouse button and paste.

A security box may come up so just paste in there then hit ENTER key

I do it this way too
    Alicia4Ever [sign in to see picture]

honeybun91 wrote:

Thanks guys, so basically it will let me paste a link into the search bar at the top of the LH forum by clicking ctrl+v but not in the reply box lol, probably just my laptop but its really annoying me.

Try putting 2 fingers on the track pad and clicking, in the post box, this brings up the paste icon to click into, and this can be used for multiple links, but just cmd v does it for me as well, for a single link, and I'm on a laptop. It is a Mac though. You must be clicking to activate the curser, as you can do it in the search bar, so I can't think of anything else.

Vanessa8 [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

Heya ,

After you have ctl&c / cmd& c / right clicked the mouse and hit copy,on the text highlighted you want to link......

You can use the icon that looks like a world with chains in the type text box in the forum , this appears when you are posting.

Then pop the link in the box named URL , this also makes the link clickable

I am trying to learn this as it would save me a ton of time... but what is cmd& c?

thats on a Mac computer on a PC it's ctrl (control) c

the "c " is simply the letter c on the key board. ctrl p is print ctrl x is cut, which removes highlighted text, as it copies it, so you can move text without having to delete it after.

Keyboard comands are from the days before the mouse, but can be faster if you know them all, there are loads of them

I will just go look for the links for when I told Slinky how to copy links

ctrl n will bring up a new window so you can search the forum or the main site without exiting your post window , which will loose it, and every thing you have written in it so far as you have gone.

just toggle between the 2 windows

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.