• New offers

Sxleksaker [sign in to see picture]

I am well aware of that (it's the reason i use this site), I just think we should preserve the friendliness since this is one of the few places on the internet where everyone always is nice and welcoming, that's all.

Sum Sub [sign in to see picture]

Sxleksaker wrote:

I think you guys sound a bit harsh in my opinion. She was just asking a question. We should all strive for a friendly atmosfear on here, isn't that what we all love about the Lovehoney forum? I know I do.

Atmosfear 👍 Personally I'm just your average short, spikey neon haired bulbous featured under bridge dweller. Thou shalt not speak I'll of the Lovehoney gods. Do not bite the hand that feeds you. This is why women stop breastfeeding - teeth. I have a small amount of toothache. I notice in when I eat ice cream. I had cookie dough earlier. Doh. Bedtime.
    mamz [sign in to see picture]

sugarboobies2232 wrote:

Sxleksaker wrote:

I think you guys sound a bit harsh in my opinion. She was just asking a question. We should all strive for a friendly atmosfear on here, isn't that what we all love about the Lovehoney forum? I know I do.

Yes, it is what we all love about the forums. It is just a shame to see the great offers being slated to be honest. They really are amazing, and there is always something in rotation, and it seems unfair on the LH team to have it critizied for amazing service and offers.

I think that honeybun91 isn't critizising the offers, but reversly just is so excited about them that she's loocking forward the next one.

I don't want to take side here, just make sure that we all love each other. I agree with sxleksaker about that.

Sorry I'm not a native English speaker Sum Sub, it always feels great to be mocked.

honeybun91 [sign in to see picture]

Not cool 🙄

Oh well will look on the main pages for the offers next time 🙊

Sxleksaker wrote:

Sorry I'm not a native English speaker Sum Sub, it always feels great to be mocked.

No one is making fun of you. It's only funny because of the irony, the word including the word fear while you where talking about all being friendly and all. SumSub pointed me out on a typo I made too (yep we all do and I guess people here understand that it's not our first language so it's a normal thing to expect from us).

I can't see the point in making fun of me because of my English. I am already self-critical enough, I don't need even more negativity from here.

Sxleksaker wrote:

I can't see the point in making fun of me because of my English. I am already self-critical enough, I don't need even more negativity from here.

I understant. I am self critical too and really self conscious about my english (it took me forever to write that sentence and I didn't even find the word I was looking for). The thing is I see it more like you did a mistake and sub pointed it out the same way he ould've done with any one else, because he considers your english to be good enough.

Your mood really seems to have dropped down, please don't feel bad for this. No one's making fun of you or of your english.

Shadow Collector [sign in to see picture]

Sxleksaker wrote:

It wasn't meant as such, I don't think. It was just inadvertantly a good pun.

It's always very easy to take things as insults when they are presented in type because we can't hear the intended infections that can only really be conveyed through speech.

Please don't let something as insignificant as a spelling error and a comment make you feel down :)

Don't feel bad about your English , it looks fine to me 🙊

Aye, as the others have said, there was no mocking intended, just a thumbs up in what I thought was a terribly good play on words - a pun, a joke, an attempt to lighten the situation.

I also liked the door emoji you sent me too, very nice

honeybun91 wrote:

I also liked the door emoji you sent me too, very nice

Lol. Yep. Sadly the offers go round and round so you will get bored of them after a while - they're designed to attract new customers. The offers for the more discerning shopper come via email.
    slinky binky [sign in to see picture]

mamz wrote:

sugarboobies2232 wrote:

Sxleksaker wrote:

Yes, it is what we all love about the forums. It is just a shame to see the great offers being slated to be honest. They really are amazing, and there is always something in rotation, and it seems unfair on the LH team to have it critizied for amazing service and offers.

I think that honeybun91 isn't critizising the offers, but reversly just is so excited about them that she's loocking forward the next one.

I don't want to take side here, just make sure that we all love each other. I agree with sxleksaker about that.

+1 it was a bit harsh on first page. I'd of been quite upset and was reading it. I agree the less wasn't critiquing the offers, she's spent a fortune on them lol. Think all honeybun was saying is she would like to see another offer as she's used this and there's nought else that interests her, or something along those lines. Lovehoney have awesome offers and I've been involved in the lasses threads where she's heavily praised them and spent a fortune too 👍💟xx

Ha exactly. Don't worry I'm not upset by any of it 😂 Would have thought some people have shares in the company the way they talked 🙊.

Also just because people are 'newer' customers doesn't mean their opinions are less valuable. Need to have some respect 👌🏼

MysticalMayhem [sign in to see picture]

Here's my POV:

OP said offers are boring, people said more offers will come, OP seemed slightly impatient on these comments, people didn't like their help "denied"

Sub is Sub, if you can't get his humour or way he comments, then just ignore him. Either that or slap him with a wet fish. I for one didn't know some of you weren't native to the UK, and I know Sub long enough to tell you he meant nothing by that comment. I don't think it's fair to say he made fun of you for this reason. That's almost labelling him as a racist.

As for the topic of the thread, offers come and go, some offers are more popular than others, hence why they keep them going for a while or bring them back occasionally. The other day there was a 4 knickers for £10 offer, one which I haven't seen before, and a £10 off £30 spend voucher meant I could order 12 knickers for £20!! :D

Play nice and this forum is actually really nice and lovely. Stick around and you'll see.

Lovebirds_x [sign in to see picture]

honeybun91 wrote:

Ha exactly. Don't worry I'm not upset by any of it 😂 Would have thought some people have shares in the company the way they talked 🙊.

Also just because people are 'newer' customers doesn't mean their opinions are less valuable. Need to have some respect 👌🏼

I think you need to remember that respect goes both ways. You're being rather disrespectful yourself. Reading over the thread it's your comments that have seemed the most rude to me!

People who shop with Lovehoney long term tend to fall in love with the site. If you're bored with looking at the same offer, that's fine. No one says you have to find the offers good, although it is well within peoples rights to point out that objectively speaking it is hard to find better elsewhere. Expressing your opinions is fine and I don't think anyone is saying your opinion is not valid because you're new-they're saying you haven't been around long enough to see the offers cycle, which is true. Their point was 'wait and see, it'll get better'.

From what I remember you've worked through the offers fairly quickly(?) so of course you'll find yourself in limbo for a while, it's like playing a video game in one night then crying out for the sequel to be rushed out the next day- not going to happen because the rest of the gamers need to catch up. That's why the offers don't change that quickly- 3 months is only 3 pay days, many people don't buy any more frequently than that. But don't expect to come and complain about being bored that the offers are so slow and have everyone agree with you- someone is going to call you out on being impatient, disagree with you in general or respond to what they see as a rude thread by being rude to you in return. You've got to accept that online and not turn in into a toxic thread by being rude in return, or demanding others respect you when it doesn't come across that you respect them.

Lovehoney - Jess Wilde [sign in to see picture]

Hey y'all!

Just a friendly reminder to try and remember inflection can be lost online.

Thank you for your feedback honeybun91. Although the current deal may not be quite right for you right now, I'm sure we'll have something that'll you'll like soon. Every week we plan new offers and deals, but it takes quite some time for these to come into fruition. (stock / delivery / graphics / copy / mailouts / price drops etc etc all need to be arranged.) If you have a suggestion for something you'd like to see specifically though, we're always happy to have new ideas. Post it on the Suggestions thread 😀

To everyone else - I really admire your passion and your want to defend Lovehoney by 'having our back' - it's part of what makes this community so awesome! But let's remember that we all want this community to stay friendly so a little extra "padding" around your words can help to keep the peace. If you feel something has annoyed / upset you, rather than get involved and potentially heat the situation, just report the thread and let us know what's happened. We can take a look and try to simmer things down. Reporting won't always result in someone "getting in trouble" - it's just the easiest way to bring something to our attention. (Eg: this thread was reported as it was getting a little heated. I don't intend to email anyone or send any warnings, but it's allowed me to pop in and write this post instead.)

Something worth remembering is; sometimes members / customers won't like something we're doing, and that's ok! We can't keep everyone happy all of the time, and we rely on feedback to make things better. It's not an attack on us, and the best way we (as a business) can learn is by listening to our customers. 

Thanks all - I know everyone here was coming from a good place and didn't intend any harm. It's just the way of forums and written conversation. Damn internets! 

Sorry I took the joke as me being mocked, it's just hard to tell what other people mean from their writing since I don't speak much English at all except from on this forum. And since the mood in this thread seemed a bit negative I took it the wrong way and got upset because I am really self-consious.

popk1n [sign in to see picture]

Hey,
    I understand the eagerness to get new offers when you buy regularly, I used to buy every month for the first 5 or 6 months, but niw I havent bought for like 6 months! :o I never bought enough to exhaust all the deals personally, but yeah, I understand where youre coming from.

Instead of waiting for a specific offer on the site, maybe just buy something else you want and use a discount code? Itll only take you 5 mins on google to find some :)

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.