• Secret Tester's FAQ

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

JM88 wrote:

Sorry if this is a silly question, but would someone be emailed inviting them to be a tester and then not chosen and hear nothing?

i ask because a few months ago i was emailed saying that i had been selected to be a secret tester based on my postings on a particular thread on here. I replied the same day saying that i would be interested and then heard nothing.

i knew it was a range that was yet to be launched so i assumed i wouldnt hear anything until the item was dispatched. After a few months i heard nothing so emailed and had no reply. A few days later i saw that the new range had been released complete with reviews.

I have been chosen as a tester in this way before so was a bit surprised by the chain of events this time.

Yes, this has happened recently

You will get a dispatch email from myself or the warehouse if you have been selected and made it to the final cut.

Sorry I wish I could send to all that reply. 

JM88 [sign in to see picture]

Ok thank you for the reply :) i was worrying that i had broken a rule and been banned or something! Now i can relax and carry on as normal

I send warnings now on breaking tester rules so you would soon know wink

***PLEASE READ  **

There has been some recent confusion on deadlines and chasers so I am looking to clarify.

When I send a tester invite email, like the recent indulge me items the email will state something like this: 

I am emailing you as you expressed interest in another range to review

after the Seduce me launch. This again will be on a 2 week deadline.

Those of you that reviewed these ranges will see this on the initial email. 

If you reply I assume you are happy with this stated deadline. If you are not please please PLEASE let me know.  I do try to be fair in every situation. The deadlines are set and arranged with reviewers before dispatch. If that can not be met we may work out other arrangements if needed. 

The chaser emails are system set from the dispatch date to the deadline date. If you have a late shipment let me know, I will usually add extra time (around 1 week).Sometimes resulting in a return to help that paticular reviewer to cancel the agreement.  This way I can let the people chasing me know in plenty of time what is going on. You have deadlines and so do I. 

So do read the email in great detail before letting me know if you can review something and take note of the required review time frame. If it does not state a time frame it will be the standard 1 month.

If you have been receipt of a chaser mail this does not mean we want to kick you off the tester list it is a gentle reminder and your chance to let us know. However continued chasers can have an impact. I am sure many testers can tell you that they have recieved a chaser mail and still test for us... 

Hope this helps clarify a few recent confusions.

Added a new one & expanded on some more as I am aware some are worrying you are blacklisted.

I am not evil I am quite resonable and happy to discuss indervidual circumstances regarding deadlines. I do often expand this if needed.  Many members have recieved this treatment.

Am I Blacklisted , I haven't received a tester recently? Do I have a black mark against my name?

I have started emailing warnings for testers, much like rule breaking in the forum. This can be due to not keeping to the T & Cs eg: sharing details of an item that is not yet live on the site. However we are not obliged to send warnings, so this will not always happen. If you have stuck to the T &Cs, deadlines and are not receiving chaser emails it is safe to say you are ok and it is simply that you have not been suited to some recent testers. Please do remember it is a privilidge and not a right.

Reasons you will recieve a 'black mark': Sharing data that is not yet shareable, Constant chasers being sent, No email communication to chasers, Quality of reviews has decreased- we may think you need a break from testers, Whistle blowing via social media in regards to LH- we need to trust our reviewers especially as we are sending not yet released items. If you think: ah yes this rings a bell you may have a black mark - sorry.

YOU WILL NOT BE BLACKLISTED FOR RECEIVING THE ODD CHASER EMAIL OR FOR RECIEVING/REVIEWING A FAULTY ITEM. If you do have any issues/ need a break please simply email me: community@lovehoney.co.uk

**bump** 

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.