• Secret Tester's FAQ

Lovehoney - Leanne [sign in to see picture]

Hello there

So as we are posting for more regular testers that are secret I thought a little FAQ may help.

When will the product be sent?

Sometimes on the same day as receiving the 'you have been selected email' . Sometimes I find reviewers ready for the samples to come in.  I will always mention if the samples are not ready yet in the posting thread . So if this has been mentioned please expect the item within a month. A dispatch email shall be sent via me or the warehouse on dispatch.

Why is my review order showing as cancelled ?

I set the order up in the account for review chaser purposes, I then manually send the item to you :) Unless I have made a mistake and in this case i will email haha!

Where can I see the product description?

You can’t. The item is not live so we do not have that access to give you. If there are special instructions they will be included in the parcel.

What is the RRP?

Occasionally we know this but not always , so if I can give the RRP I certainly will on the letter that arrives with the secret tester. I can never give an exact RRP as this isn’t always shared until it is due to go live. If you do not have the RRP please continue the review without this.

The product page link does not work , where can I review this?

The product page will not work until it is live. Always use the review link in this case.

My review says it is live but the link will not work?

It will not work until the product goes live, as soon as it shows on the site so will your review.

How can I be selected for a secret item ?

They are from forum posts that crop up stating REVIEW in the title. You need to pop your name to the list by commenting with the item name you wish to be considered for. Live reviews are a requirement and typically I look for people that have had an item from the tester list before.

When does my review need to be in?

1 month , unless I state otherwise on the thread and email. Some secret items do require a quick turnaround. The deadline if sooner, will be stated on the forum or in the invitation email so please read the details in full before comitting. The deadline DOES NOT include shipping. If there are delays in receiving your parcel (super rare) do let me know ASAP.

Am I Blacklisted , I haven't received a tester recently? Do I have a black mark against my name?

I have started emailing warnings for testers, much like rule breaking in the forum. This can be due to not keeping to the T & Cs eg: sharing details of an item that is not yet live on the site. However we are not obliged to send warnings, so this will not always happen. If you have stuck to the T &Cs, deadlines and are not receiving chaser emails it is safe to say you are ok and it is simply that you have not been suited to some recent testers. Please do remember it is a privilidge and not a right.

Reasons you will recieve a 'black mark': Sharing data that is not yet shareable, Constant chasers being sent, No email communication to chasers, Quality of reviews has decreased- we may think you need a break from testers, Whistle blowing via social media in regards to LH- we need to trust our reviewers especially as we are sending not yet released items. If you think: ah yes this rings a bell you may have a black mark - sorry.

YOU WILL NOT BE BLACKLISTED FOR RECEIVING THE ODD CHASER EMAIL. If you do have any issues/ need a break please simply email me: community@lovehoney.co.uk

Can I share details of my item on this forum ? 

No,This includes images.  They are secret testers until they potentially go live. Failure to keep them hush hush can result in removal from the tester programme. If you have a question about a secret tester please contact customer care or myself. 

This is the disclaimer you will see on the review threads : 

**PLEASE DO NOT POST OR SHARE THESE ITEMS ON ANY FORMS OF SOCIAL MEDIA , BLOGS , FORUM AND SO ON , AS THESE ARE SECRET TESTERS.THIS INCLUDES IMAGES AND PRODUCT NAME****

Any questions I may have missed , post below and I will add them ...

Terri JJ [sign in to see picture]

All very clear Squirrel Commander ! Hopefully this will make things a lot clearer for anyone who's not quite sure of certain points x

lmh95 [sign in to see picture]

Thanks for the very clear and concise information Leanne :)

Lovinthetoys [sign in to see picture]

Thanks for the updated info :)

Shy-Bee [sign in to see picture]

Really helpful, answers a few of the questions I have been wondering. Thank you for posting this.

PhilJones [sign in to see picture]

Hi, thanks for the updated info! I have a sort of relevant query so I hope you don't me asking it here:

A number of months ago I was selected for a secret tester item: on the email there was no link to review it, and the item was not lived. As such I emailed the review to the person who sent it to me as requested as last resort (I can't remember who it was, sorry). It didn't go live for a number of months and until I contacted customer service asking about it. Shortly afterwards I got an email saying it was live, but it doesn't show up on my reviews. Since reviewing this term I haven't Recieved any other testers and really hope it didn't reproduce my position as a tester. Does anyone have any advise?

MK7 [sign in to see picture]

Out of curiosity, how long does it usually take for secret tester items to go live from when the testers are sent out?

PhilJones wrote:

Hi, thanks for the updated info! I have a sort of relevant query so I hope you don't me asking it here:

A number of months ago I was selected for a secret tester item: on the email there was no link to review it, and the item was not lived. As such I emailed the review to the person who sent it to me as requested as last resort (I can't remember who it was, sorry). It didn't go live for a number of months and until I contacted customer service asking about it. Shortly afterwards I got an email saying it was live, but it doesn't show up on my reviews. Since reviewing this term I haven't Recieved any other testers and really hope it didn't reproduce my position as a tester. Does anyone have any advise?

Howdy ,

The link is always the standard review page, this is also on the letter included with the samples smiley

You emailed that to BOT and we then explained the correct email address to use as this one is no longer manned. I am sorry of you did not receive this email, it may have gone to spam.

As the review was emailed it could not go on the site until you submitted an actual review for this item , now it has been received and shows on the item page. Thank you. 

There is a bug with review items showing on member's pages, this has been covered on the glitches thread , no eta on fix - sorry. 

You do not have a tester list , so this is the main reason you have not been selected. Please take a look at the tester faq thread and tester list. This will help with how to be selected yes

I hope that helps clarify 

Thanks again for submitting the review 

MK7 wrote:

Out of curiosity, how long does it usually take for secret tester items to go live from when the testers are sent out?

Ohh that's a toughy , it can be same day to 6 months later and occasionally never. 

So I can not give a precise answer on that one. Sorry. 

However if it is due to go live ASAP and we need quick reviews I will state this and change the deadline required. 

Purring-Pussy [sign in to see picture]

Read and understood x

mummymermaid [sign in to see picture]

All understood and followed xx

PhilJones [sign in to see picture]

Howdy back! :)

I actually only deleted my tester list yeaterday after posting on here to see if that would make any difference (I made a new one, but accidentally set it as private!); does that change anything you just mentioned? :)

PhilJones wrote:

Howdy back! :)

I actually only deleted my tester list yeaterday after posting on here to see if that would make any difference (I made a new one, but accidentally set it as private!); does that change anything you just mentioned? :)

You will need to set it to public *edit I see you have* 

Thanks ! 

MysticalMayhem [sign in to see picture]

It would be helpful if you could reiterate on what people can and cannot say about secret testers as there is always confusion on this. :) xx

MysticalMayhem wrote:

It would be helpful if you could reiterate on what people can and cannot say about secret testers as there is always confusion on this. :) xx

Basically nothing , hehe

I will always state this as disclaimer at the bottom of the thread , I will include that disclaimer here yes

lovingnewtoys [sign in to see picture]

Makes everything very clear - thank you x

KittenFeatures [sign in to see picture]

Oh, I didn't realise you need to have tested something in the past. I shall put off going for secret ones for now then and just update my tester list.

KittenFeatures wrote:

Oh, I didn't realise you need to have tested something in the past. I shall put off going for secret ones for now then and just update my tester list.

By posting you still give me an idea of what items you may be interested in :)

KittenFeatures [sign in to see picture]

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

KittenFeatures wrote:

True, does that have any benefit overall? Do they use secret testers for feedback on products they think will sell better in that regard? As in overall interest?

KittenFeatures wrote:

Lovehoney - Leanne wrote:

KittenFeatures wrote:

True, does that have any benefit overall? Do they use secret testers for feedback on products they think will sell better in that regard? As in overall interest?

It is for my benefit really as I can see what items may interest someone for potential selection. 

Post a reply to this thread

Please sign in to post messages to the forum.